Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities > Region I Work Camps, Forestry Camps and Road Prisons:
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Region I Work Camps, Forestry Camps and Road Prisons: Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Berrydale Forrestry Camp, Bay City WC, Calhoun WC, Graceville WC, Century WC, Gulf Forestry Camp, Holmes WC, Jackson WC, Liberty WC, Okaloosa WC, Taylor WC, Wakulla WC, Walton WC

Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Taylor Work Camp

Hey, I am trying to get information on Talyor Work Camp. I just spoke with my baby and he DOES NOT like that place. He couldn't even talk to me about anything over the phone cuz he was so spooked. I don't think it has anything to do with the other inmates; from the impression that I was getting, it's the place itself. I am going to do some additional research, but I would appreciate it if anyone can give me any information about it. Thank you so much in advanced . . . .
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
elephant shoes

I will tell you right now that the work camp is worse then the main unit.. My man has been at taylor for 3 months now and he can't stand it there. I am sorry to tell you but there really isn't a way for him to change prisons until his one year comes up then he can put in for a change. Other then that he is stuck there till then. I really can't stand that prison.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Account Closed

my honeys' at the annex right down the road, i've talked in the viso lines and it seems like all the TAYLOR camps are hard, n probably the some of the strictest in the state....
Old 10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Hurry Home Baby

so far it's not been bad...but he's only been there a week..he's at the work camp...i have spoken with the warden...and several of the staff members..just be nice when you talk and you'll get further.

I will be loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Default taylor work camp

My husband has been at Taylor Work Camp from Nov. 2007. He hates it there. Lately he can barely talk as he is so upset. I have never visited there. I always thought a work camp was supposed to be a little better than the main prison, but my husband tells me differently. I am very worried about him.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:32 PM

The officers has been nice.But like any prison, you have those that will make it hard for your love one. The work camp will place you in confinement for petty things. My son was up for work release and an officer claimed he disrepected him and had him sent to confinement. My son know the rules, he wouldn't do anything to blow what he has worked so hard to reach. Yes, it is a tough camp. Tell your love one to be careful, some officers are on a power trip. God bless you all!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:02 PM
I Love my "Babyboy"!

Most of the officers out there are on a Power trip. I have seen everything from Captains to regular CO's lie to lock inmate up in Confinement. I have seen one get locked up because he wouldn't have sex with the CO. Now THAT is a shame.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 AM

Default Can anyone PM me the number to Taylor Work Camp?

can anyone pm me the number to taylor work camp, i live in georgia and i cant find it on the DOC website, if anyone can that would be so great

Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM

1-850-223-4501... Funny because I just had to call them to see if my visitation had been approved (it was!)

Last edited by adriennelisa; 03-10-2009 at 02:32 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to adriennelisa For This Useful Post:
KaydensMommy756 (03-10-2009)
Old 03-10-2009, 08:03 PM

awesome that your visitation has been approved!! might see ya there sometime lol, and thank you for the number

Old 03-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,421 Posts

For future reference, the DOC website has most any number you'll ever need. If it's not posted, there's one you can call to get the one you need.

FDOC home page: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/index.html from here you can click on facilities, then which ever region you are interested in...this brings up a list of each facility....clicking on the facility will bring up contact info and other stuff about each facility.

FDOC Organization Chart: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/orgchart.html Here you can click on the department head and that will bring up contact information.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM

they dont have taylor work camp, ive looked, but could i have just been able to call the main facility??...anyways ive been on that site a million times, thoroughly lol

Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 AM

i just called up there and asked how to get on his list, thanks everyone

Old 10-11-2009, 12:07 PM

Default Taylor Work Camp

My ole man just got transferred to Taylor Work Camp. He says it's a little rough but he can handle it. He must not think it's so bad, thank God. But I had a couple of questions for anyone that might know. I've sent like four letters and he hasn't gotten any of them I get mail from him so I don't think it's a post office issue and I haven't sent anything or said anything that would warrent the prison denying the mail. Any ideas? Also, how long does it take for a phone number to be added to their phone list? I've had the phone set up for a month and he hasn't called yet. I know if he could call he would've already. So, anyone....any ideas or answers?
Old 06-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Default don't like it

so what if they like it or not. I ask you all did they break the law?

if so I think they need to stay at a place they do not like.

what is this? ooo I broke the law and I don't like the prison they sent me to so can I please move to a nicer one? what a joke. If you do the crime do the time .
did the person that had the crime done to them like the way the crime was done?

did that person ask no no I don't like this can you please do it to someone other then me? I don't think so. if you do the crime do the time. be a man and take what you got coming to you and when you get out never do another crime and you will not be in a place like this
Old 06-08-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Collins View Post
My ole man just got transferred to Taylor Work Camp. He says it's a little rough but he can handle it. He must not think it's so bad, thank God. But I had a couple of questions for anyone that might know. I've sent like four letters and he hasn't gotten any of them I get mail from him so I don't think it's a post office issue and I haven't sent anything or said anything that would warrent the prison denying the mail. Any ideas? Also, how long does it take for a phone number to be added to their phone list? I've had the phone set up for a month and he hasn't called yet. I know if he could call he would've already. So, anyone....any ideas or answers?
he might have a new boyfriend now ? I don, know
Old 06-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman View Post
so what if they like it or not. I ask you all did they break the law?

if so I think they need to stay at a place they do not like.

what is this? ooo I broke the law and I don't like the prison they sent me to so can I please move to a nicer one? what a joke. If you do the crime do the time .
did the person that had the crime done to them like the way the crime was done?

did that person ask no no I don't like this can you please do it to someone other then me? I don't think so. if you do the crime do the time. be a man and take what you got coming to you and when you get out never do another crime and you will not be in a place like this

This is a typical response from someone who cares nothing about human life. This attitude makes me "sick". I don't care what a person does as his so-called crime they are still human beings and should be treated as such. Yes people should pay for their crimes and yes it is a prison, not the Hilton Hotel but these are human beings and should not be subjected to the treatment they get in some of these so-called correctional facilities!! When the prisons are full of people with mental problems with no drugs to help with their problem how can they be expected to get better? When drug addicts are sentenced to prison instead of rehab how can they be expected to "overcome" their addiction? Oh I forgot, I'm talking to someone with the typical attitude who has chosen to not educate themselves on this wonderful system called..FLDOC. Oh yeah..then you have those who are totally innocent, some of which are on death row, some who have even been released after being proven innocent. Do they deserve the treatment they get?
"We take on a burden when we put a man behind walls and that burden is to give him a chance to change. If we deny him that, we deny his status as a human being and to deny that is to diminish our own humanity and plant the seeds of future anguish for ourselves."
Chief Justice Warren Burger
U. S. Supreme Court

Last edited by Relda Copning; 06-13-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

Welcome to PTO, heman. We are a wonderful community full of information and support.

Not all crimes are personal crimes, meaning they were not committed against one person or a group of people. As Relda stated, many crimes wouldn't have even been committed if it weren't for drug addiction. And if only there were actually "corrections" involved in the Dept of the Corrections when it comes to that aspect and many more involving inmates.

I'm not sure what you are seeking from PTO, but for the most part you will not find our members condoning what their loved one did to place them in prison. We only want our loved ones to be treated as people, not animals.

All the best,
ben's girl
PTO Super Moderator

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM

amen to that
Old 09-26-2010, 03:19 PM

Default taylor ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetanne View Post
My husband has been at Taylor Work Camp from Nov. 2007. He hates it there. Lately he can barely talk as he is so upset. I have never visited there. I always thought a work camp was supposed to be a little better than the main prison, but my husband tells me differently. I am very worried about him.
mine has been in there since julyl 2007 and he fears talking to loud and being over heard for fear they will throw him in the 'hole" again. they do
that for anything they do in there. rugrat48

Last edited by rugrat48; 09-26-2010 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: left out my user name
Old 09-26-2010, 03:22 PM

still learning terro stories at taylor ci
Old 09-26-2010, 03:28 PM

Default jj collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Collins View Post
some times they with hold them.and you never get them, they are always opened and read. never use name labels, nevers tape it closed, never send anything in a bubble envelope. all these will be returned. and on the phone issue, it takes 1 to 4 months. and they can call anytime they want if there isn't a hugh line. hope this helps. rugrat48
Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 AM

Default Any Loved Ones at Taylor Work Camp?

Helloooooooo everyone!
Is there anyone out here who has a loved one at Taylor Work Camp?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymrshaw37 View Post
Helloooooooo everyone!
Is there anyone out here who has a loved one at Taylor Work Camp?
My son is at the work camp. Been there for 2 yrs. What ya need to know?
Relda Copning
"We take on a burden when we put a man behind walls and that burden is to give him a chance to change. If we deny him that, we deny his status as a human being and to deny that is to diminish our own humanity and plant the seeds of future anguish for ourselves."
Chief Justice Warren Burger
U. S. Supreme Court

Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone has a LO at Taylor work camp? My fiance was just moved there today and was wondering what is like there and what the difference is between the main camp and work camp...Thank you