Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:49 AM

Default How Can I Return to My Husband

I came 2 years ago in USA on a J1 visa i changed my visa to a F1 visa .I was convicted in a case for class C felony drug possesion they offered me a deal and i took it 2 years of probation not a big choice they wanted to give me 1-3 year jail.I did 1 year of probation and then immigration aggents came and got me i was in jail for a couple of month the judge gave me a Voluntery departure. Im currently in my country and i was trying to find out after removal how can i marrie and go back my spouse is currently in prison but the prison awolls marriage.Im trying to find out how can i get married since my probation case was left opened and i have a warrant.Is there a way of doing it without being in the USA.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hristo123 View Post
I came 2 years ago in USA on a J1 visa i changed my visa to a F1 visa .I was convicted in a case for class C felony drug possesion they offered me a deal and i took it 2 years of probation not a big choice they wanted to give me 1-3 year jail.I did 1 year of probation and then immigration aggents came and got me i was in jail for a couple of month the judge gave me a Voluntery departure. Im currently in my country and i was trying to find out after removal how can i marrie and go back my spouse is currently in prison but the prison awolls marriage.Im trying to find out how can i get married since my probation case was left opened and i have a warrant.Is there a way of doing it without being in the USA.
You should get a lawyer and get the legal issues and the warrant straightened out before you do anything. I dont know if you can get married without being in the US. But even if you could, you wont get your marriage application approved with all of these unsolved legal problems. I wish you the best of luck with everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baer For This Useful Post:
Tx_Angel (04-17-2015)
Old 04-17-2015, 07:36 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,956 Times in 7,646 Posts

Marriage will not get you a visa. If you want to get back to your husband, your best bet is to find a country you both can live in as the US probably won't let you back in, married or not, at least not for a good long time of living without a record, and having something to offer the country.

Again, getting married won't get you a visa. Those days are long past. You should contact an immigration attorney about getting a visa, and your options based on education, career, etc.

Sorry about your troubles, but getting married is not a ticket to a green card. How does your country treat immigration from the US? especially of convicted felons? Perhaps your country is a better option? Otherwise, you might want to start looking at other possible countries of residence.