Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:55 AM
*Kairos Outside Volunteer
Donation Award 

Lightbulb *****Weekend Retreat *****

Hi ladies, you are all cordially invited to attend a 3-day Kairos Outside (KO) weekend retreat of NO COST to you, March 20-22, 2015

The retreat is hosted by a Christian community, for women whose lives have been impacted by incarceration--either their own or a loved one's.

If you are in the East Louisiana area (Baton Rouge, Hammond, Lafayette, New Orleans and surrounding areas) and are 20+ years old, you are eligible to attend as a Guest

Guests do not need to be Christian, to attend. Weekends are usually held twice per year and last from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.

There will be plenty of food, fun, music , and you get to hear the awesome testimonies of women similar to yourself. Oh and did I forget to mention, pampering ?!? It is an awesome opportunity for fellowship and building support groups

Secure your spot ASAP by filling out the attached Guest reservation form and returning it to the address listed or you can, Click Here, to go to the Ministry website and complete the online form and someone will contact you with further instructions. Also attached is a KO brochure with more information and FAQ's.

We all need a safe place where we belong and know that we are not alone Please join us as we “Relax, Relate, and Release” We would love to have you and look forward to seeing you there

Thanks in advance…be Blessed and Highly Favored
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ELAKO Brochure.pdf (540.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Shine0749; 12-13-2015 at 05:58 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shine0749 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (02-06-2015), patchouli (02-01-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Donation Award 

Exclamation *****Spring 2016 Kairos Outside Weekend Retreat*****

Hi ladies, you are all cordially invited to attend a 3-day Kairos Outside (KO) weekend retreat of NO COST to you, April 1-3, 2016

The retreat is hosted by a Christian community, for women whose lives have been impacted by incarceration--either their own or a family member or friend's.

If you are in the East Louisiana area (Baton Rouge, Hammond, Lafayette, New Orleans and surrounding areas) and are 20+ years old, you are eligible to attend as a Guest

Guests do not need to be Christian, to attend. Weekends are usually held twice per year and last from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.

There will be plenty of food, fun, music , and you get to hear the awesome testimonies of women similar to yourself. Oh and did I forget to mention, pampering ?!? It is an awesome opportunity for fellowship and building support groups

Secure your spot ASAP by filling out the attached Guest reservation form and returning it to the address listed or you can, Click Here, to go to the Ministry website and complete the online form and someone will contact you with further instructions. Also attached is a KO brochure with more information and FAQ's.

We all need a safe place where we belong and know that we are not alone Please join us as we “Relax, Relate, and Release” We would love to have you and look forward to seeing you there

Thanks in advance…be Blessed and Highly Favored [/quote]
The Following User Says Thank You to Shine0749 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (10-20-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Donation Award 

Thumbs up East Louisiana Kairos Outside Testimonial

I attended a Kairos Outside Weekend Retreat as a Guest a little over four years ago. And I have been involved with the ministry ever since.

At first, I was hesitant about going because I didn't know anything about the people that would be there or what we would do...but once I got there on Friday evening, I never once regretted my decision to go!

Initially, I thought people would be asking me about my boyfriend (what prison is he in? what did he do? how long does he have?) and prison this, prison that ...but I was so wrong. There were grandmothers, mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, girlfriends, etc. from all different backgrounds, races, ages, shapes, and sizes. Every one of them had been hurt or had some sort of trouble in their lives but they also had a reason to be happy and they freely shared that happiness and love.

Louisiana has the highest incarceration rate in the country and yet we all feel like we're alone on this journey. Kairos Outside provides a safe place (confidential and non-judgmental) for us to share our lives with each other.

The purpose of the weekend retreat is NOT to condemn or conform you but to show you Christ's love through our support and encouragement. We want you to know that you are NOT alone

I just wanted to share this with you all, so you know that when I invite you to attend, it's not in vain. I wouldn't invite you to participate in something that I didn't wholeheartedly believe in. So please consider joining us one Weekend, you won't regret it
patchouli (12-13-2015)
Old 12-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Donation Award 

Exclamation Updated Guest Reservation Form

Ladies,

I am uploading an updated Guest Reservation form. Please disregard the form attached to the original posting, this is the current one.

Thanks,

Shine
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Reservation Form_0001.pdf (928.3 KB, 3 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shine0749 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (12-14-2015), patchouli (12-13-2015)
Old 01-14-2016, 05:11 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Ladies,

We've only got a couple of more months before our Spring 2016 East Louisiana Kairos Outside retreat. Trust me, you don't want to miss it

April 1-3, 2016

Hope to see you there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine0749 View Post
Ladies,

I am uploading an updated Guest Reservation form. Please disregard the form attached to the original posting, this is the current one.

Thanks,

Shine
Old 11-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Donation Award 

New retreat dates: March 31 - April 2, 2017

Last edited by Shine0749; 11-15-2016 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: 1
LifeTraveler (11-16-2016)