Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/ NZ General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/ NZ General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat General Topics & Discussions dealing with Aus/NZ prisons, local laws & legal issues etc. If it doesn't fit into any other Aus/NZ forum post it here!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:16 PM

Default Hello...fiance is at Loddon prison in Castlemaine

Hello everyone,

Not quite sure where to start or how often people are on this forum? My fiance is at Loddon prison in Castlemaine. He's been in remand since November 2014, at Loddon since April 2016 and isn't eligible for parole until September 2019.

This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, some days just feel unbearable. Other days are easier and I am hopeful and excited for our future and when we will be back together.

I am in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and it would be wonderful to find some other women that I can chat to and to help each other through this experience.

Hope to hear from you all soon....

Kat x
The Following User Says Thank You to KatVicious For This Useful Post:
theworld09 (07-04-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2017, 07:17 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,837 Times in 16,503 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO I hope he's approved for parole at his first hearing!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
KatVicious (02-28-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 07:57 AM

Hello! It's good to meet you. I'm in the States but here anytime you need support along with everyone else. This site will help you a lot. Just try and take things one day at a time and like you said focus on the positive that he will be home before you know it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sean’sWife82 For This Useful Post:
KatVicious (02-28-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,309 Times in 4,695 Posts

Hi there ,we do have some Australian members , but anyone here will help if you have any questions you want to chat about things.We have one thing in common we all have a loved one in prison.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
KatVicious (02-28-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 02:49 AM
Be a voice Not an echo

Hi
I am from Australia - I don't have a loved one in Melbourne but if you would like a chat always here

The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAngel For This Useful Post:
KatVicious (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies. It was nice to read your comments.

Hope to chat some more soon. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to KatVicious For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-01-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 06:22 PM

Hey Kat,

I am currently living in South Gippsland.
My partner is in remand, gets sentenced in 8 days.

Here if you need anything at all x

💞 What I have with you, I won't find with anyone else 💞
The Following User Says Thank You to JAA198 For This Useful Post:
KatVicious (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Hey... I'm really sorry. I don't know how I missed your message. Thanks for replying and the offer to help. I'm having a rough day today.... Hope you're holding up ok until sentencing. x
Old 05-09-2017, 06:04 AM

Default Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatVicious View Post
Hello everyone,

Not quite sure where to start or how often people are on this forum? My fiance is at Loddon prison in Castlemaine. He's been in remand since November 2014, at Loddon since April 2016 and isn't eligible for parole until September 2019.

This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, some days just feel unbearable. Other days are easier and I am hopeful and excited for our future and when we will be back together.

I am in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and it would be wonderful to find some other women that I can chat to and to help each other through this experience.

Kat x
Hi Kat

This is the first time I have used this site.. my ex husband and father of my child is at Castlemaine and has 3 years to go.. it's been a long threeecyears as everyday life is pretty much a roller coaster, apart from looking after all his businesses and financial affairs I look after him and have done my best tohejp my daughter and him maintain a strong relationship.. she is 9 and adores her dad.. I can't explain the toll this situation has taken on my health especially my mental health, I'm drained all the time.. we see him every weekend I'm from the eastern suburbs in Melbourne and pretty much my iLife revolves around making sure he is ok and coping.. he is a strong man thankfully and can look after himself but I know that this is taking a toll on him, very unfortunate but he made a mistake and now he has to pay for it.. so I understand how you feel, despite the fact that we aren't together this has turned my life upside down and there are days I just don't think I can keep doing all this for him.., it's very Betty difficult and I don't discuss it with many people only close friends because I'm embarrasssed about his situation.. my only hope is that the next few years go quick and that my daughter copes with her dad being away.. it's nice to have s forum like this to talk about the situation because trust me a lot of people just would not understand..

S
X
Old 06-14-2017, 10:16 AM

Default Hi Kat. New to forum as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatVicious View Post
Hello everyone,

Kat x
Hi Kat,
I'm also new to the forum. My partner's currently in remand and I am struggling. I'm also from Melbourne and was wondering if anyone here has a partner in Barwon Prison? My partner got transferred from Port Phillip and I have no idea how different Barwon is to Port Phillip

It's so stressful and would love to chat! I don't think the forum is as active in Australia because I can't find many recent posts.

Hope to hear from you!
Old 06-14-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstvt View Post
Hi Kat,
I'm also new to the forum. My partner's currently in remand and I am struggling. I'm also from Melbourne and was wondering if anyone here has a partner in Barwon Prison? My partner got transferred from Port Phillip and I have no idea how different Barwon is to Port Phillip

It's so stressful and would love to chat! I don't think the forum is as active in Australia because I can't find many recent posts.

Hope to hear from you!
Hi everyone

I just read your post I'm new to the forum.. I haven't been to Barwon but know other people who have had a relative there and all I know is that a twin is maximum security prison? Port Phillip well is the worst place I have ever been to so guessing Barwon has to be better.. have you been to visit him as yet?
Old 06-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,295 Posts

Hi Possum3141!! Welcome to PTO and the Australian/New Zealand Forums!! I hope that you find all the answers that you need and also support.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!! :-)

Ness
Old 06-15-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum3141 View Post
Hi everyone

I just read your post I'm new to the forum.. I haven't been to Barwon but know other people who have had a relative there and all I know is that a twin is maximum security prison? Port Phillip well is the worst place I have ever been to so guessing Barwon has to be better.. have you been to visit him as yet?
Yeah Barwon is maximum. I really liked Port Phillip because there was more visits a week I haven't been able too.. I haven't seen him for almost 2 weeks now... It's the worst feeling.

When he got moved from Port Phillip to Barwon I was told that the visitors list would just be transferred over but when I got to Barwon to visit they told me I was no longer on his visitors list.. the reason for that was because I went to court in 2013 for driving.. and although I got no conviction because it was the first time I've ever gone to court they told me I'd have to write a governors letter. I didn't want to argue incase it made his life any harder Are you or anyone on this forum familiar with the process? I sent one in last week and still waiting to hear back...
Old 07-04-2019, 01:42 AM

Default Boyfriend at loddon prison as well

Hey Kat my boyfriend is at Loddon prison too, I am also in the eastern suburbs. I have heaps of questions about Loddon if you could get back to me.