Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:47 AM
I am an advocate

Hello All and Congratulations on your strength and courage in our penal system.

My name is Jason, and I am a prison activist from the University of Oregon. I am journalism student at the University of Oregon, and I am writing an investigative journalism report about violence in our U.S. prison system. I joined this group because my brother was in a county jail for 6 months for a DUI charge. He spent thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and His birthday in jail, and we missed him very much. When he got out of jail, he told me of some of the events that had gone on in that jail (Washington County jail in Hillsboro, Oregon), and I was appauled. I have done research on the issue of prison violence and the need for prison reform. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your stories of incarceration with me for my report either via e-mail or on the phone if you are comfortable. I hope to hear back from any and all of you and hear your experiences. I'm glad I found this site, and wish that I had found it sooner while my brother was still incarcerated.

Thanks a million

~~Jason
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Welcome to PTO and the Straight Talk Forum! I am sure your research will help many on PTO.

For more on my story look for my thread in the Introduction Forum.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Former Inmate

Welcome to PTO
Well was incarcerated in Putnam County Juvenile Detention then I went state to Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for a list of charges well my first day in prison I had to have a strip search then I had to get on a scale naked in front of a see through mirror and they lied to me and told me it was just a mirror and the searched they did every day was done by a male and they more or less groped my Brest and rubbed in-between my legs when it was done by the male Cos and where I was the showers where communal so we took showers together and they the male Co's use to comment on us oh ya and one more thing some times they ran out of tampons and Pads so you had to use toilet paper and if you are female you like to tampons you want to use tampons

Happy when outside
Sad on the inside

Last edited by Criminal_Lesbia; 04-27-2006 at 07:57 AM..
Old 04-27-2006, 12:26 PM

Default currently incarcerated

Hi there. I am a female in Georgia, currently incarcerated. you wonder how I'm posting... I'm in a work release program via transitional center. But I have been incarcerated for over a year, with a release date of August 31, 2006. I spent most of my time thus far in jail/prison, but i'm on the home stretch.

I would be very interested in talking with you. We have much in common - I was once a journalism student, and I am a published writer. Also, I am a prison activist, and plan to continue a career in prison reform, alternatives to incarceration and recidivism prevention. i've lived the system first hand, so I know how awful it is.

Maybe I can help you out, and we can form an alliance to work for toward the greater cause. i am always looking for people with common interests, so please let me know.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 PM

Jason, the world of prison is a different world all together. It is a place to find out how tough you are real quick. A simple look can get you killed or hurt bad. One devlopes a way of being on guard at all times. We used to tape life magazines to our body before going to battle in the yard, most homemade shanks wouldn't go through them. Remember its better to study and write about prison than to end up there. Good luck.