Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
The Janitor Of God

Thanked 1,115 Times in 555 Posts

It is normal enough for anyone to be needy when they are "not doing so well". Unfortunately, an addict can try the patience of a saint and turned "being needy" into a form of cruel manipulation. One must set limits and stick to them--decide how much of yourself you will invest in a relationship with an addict, just as you would in any other. If that is not enough, you will have to turn away. No one benefits when one sick person succeeds in making another person sick.

THIS NUT WON'T CRACK

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssunshine
LovinMeNow.. I thank you for your honesty and believe me I feel like I wasted my time very often. Its sad to say but the only time he really wants me is when he is not doing so well. I know I have made myself always available, so that is definitley my fault and I can't blame him 100%. So here I am feeling embarrassed around his family who has made feel like so comfortable all these years. The only thing I can do right now is just walk away...
That's what I had to do to save myself. Believe me, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do! It still is hard, because you remember the good times, as few as they were. At times, the love between us was just so intense, but those times were few and they stand out way beyond all the bad. That is what we cling to and kept us with them. I hope that you find much peace and happiness in your life, as I have.