Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities > Region I Work Camps, Forestry Camps and Road Prisons:
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Region I Work Camps, Forestry Camps and Road Prisons: Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Berrydale Forrestry Camp, Bay City WC, Calhoun WC, Graceville WC, Century WC, Gulf Forestry Camp, Holmes WC, Jackson WC, Liberty WC, Okaloosa WC, Taylor WC, Wakulla WC, Walton WC

Old 04-22-2011, 03:07 PM
~*~Missing My Love~*~

Hello i am fairly new to all this and my fiance was just transferred to the Walton work camp. how is it over there can anyone give me any info on it? also my fiance asked if i could get a magazine subscription for him does anyone know how i would do that? i don't know if there's a certain site i have to use to send him books or magazines. any help would be very appreciated..

Yay so happy my man is Home...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbella76 View Post
Hello i am fairly new to all this and my fiance was just transferred to the Walton work camp. how is it over there can anyone give me any info on it? also my fiance asked if i could get a magazine subscription for him does anyone know how i would do that? i don't know if there's a certain site i have to use to send him books or magazines. any help would be very appreciated..
I can tell you about the subscriptions...those are the same everywhere and my husband has several.

They can come from wherever you want to order. You just put the address that you use for his mail as the mailing address, and your address as the billing address. I use Amazon.com for most of my husband's - they have a subscription manager that makes it easy to change addresses if he moves, and the prices are competitive on most titles. USA Today I got directly from USA Today. Their price was by far the best that way.

They can have one thing that comes more than weekly (basically, a newspaper) and then 4 other things for a total of 5. USA Today is popular with a lot of guys since it covers a lot of the national news daily if they aren't tied to a local paper they like. Sports titles are popular too. Then of course if they are into a specific hobby or topic something on that is nice...my husband gets MacWorld magazine, for instance.

I know my husband is never short on friends or reading material with the couple things that he is subscribed to since he loans and trades his issues with people. A small investment brings a lot of benefit for him.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 PM
~*~Missing My Love~*~

thanks nan yea my fiance said he would want game informer or motor trend stuff like that so i guess ill look on amazon and see what they got and just put his address and name and mine for the billing... do i have to include his dc number or just his name and address... is the work camp the same address as the main?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
I can tell you about the subscriptions...those are the same everywhere and my husband has several.

They can come from wherever you want to order. You just put the address that you use for his mail as the mailing address, and your address as the billing address. I use Amazon.com for most of my husband's - they have a subscription manager that makes it easy to change addresses if he moves, and the prices are competitive on most titles. USA Today I got directly from USA Today. Their price was by far the best that way.

They can have one thing that comes more than weekly (basically, a newspaper) and then 4 other things for a total of 5. USA Today is popular with a lot of guys since it covers a lot of the national news daily if they aren't tied to a local paper they like. Sports titles are popular too. Then of course if they are into a specific hobby or topic something on that is nice...my husband gets MacWorld magazine, for instance.

I know my husband is never short on friends or reading material with the couple things that he is subscribed to since he loans and trades his issues with people. A small investment brings a lot of benefit for him.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 AM
~*~Missing My Love~*~

thanks nan yea my fiance said he would want game informer or motor trend stuff like that so i guess ill look on amazon and see what they got and just put his address and name and mine for the billing... do i have to include his dc number or just his name and address... is the work camp the same address as the main?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbella76 View Post
Not sure about the exact address, if the street address is the same between the two camps...he'll know that. But ALL inmate mail has to have DC # on it, including subscriptions.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:47 PM
~*~Missing My Love~*~

I was looking online for walton work camp and a different address does come up but im just gonna wait until i get another letter from him to make sure before i sign him up for the magazines...

Old 05-09-2011, 04:55 AM
~*~Missing My Love~*~

I was wondering if anyone knew how long it usually takes for the phone list to be approved and how that actually works? how does it get approved and do we have to set up a account on our phone or anything.. Any info would help.. Thanks

Old 05-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Waiting for Mike

My husband's phone list took about a week but that was submitted at reception not at Walton.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM

The address at the work camp is:
Walton Work Camp
301 Institution Road
Defuniak Springs FL, 32433-1831

You need to set up an account with Securus (Correctional Billing Services) in addition to having the landline.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 PM

Nobody uses this forum anymore? is there another one? Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3hay View Post
Nobody uses this forum anymore? is there another one? Thanks
This is the correct forum for this facility. There just hasn't been anyone around here lately with an inmate at that facility. It's a very small facility - like only 200 guys - so the odds of one of their family being on this board at any given time is slim.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM

Hey ladies! I guess we have 106 days left, my 2 year old boy and 2 year old girl (not quite twins) have practically been raised there! He's in AR confinement and it's looking like he's gonna be transferred!!! This really sucks, maybe it will be for the best! It's just over 3 months either way. I just hope he's not locked up - FOR NO GOOD REASON-- for christmas!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKMrsJones View Post
Hey ladies! I guess we have 106 days left, my 2 year old boy and 2 year old girl (not quite twins) have practically been raised there! He's in AR confinement and it's looking like he's gonna be transferred!!! This really sucks, maybe it will be for the best! It's just over 3 months either way. I just hope he's not locked up - FOR NO GOOD REASON-- for christmas!
Hope it works out for you for Christmas!

I remember meeting the little ones when I first started coming to Walton! I can't believe they are 2 now!

The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
CKMrsJones (12-12-2012)
Old 07-03-2013, 02:40 PM

I talked to Ms. Forehand yesterday, and found out that I was approved for Visitation! She told me that there is a separate entrance for the work camp for VISO...anyone out there know which drive I need to take? I will be coming from Pensacola, so I need directions from that perspective!!! I know how to get to the main camp, but not the work camp...any help is greatly appreciated! Our daughter will finally get to see him (and me too, for that matter!!!) and it has been a month since we have see him...and he is going to flip out when he sees her belly...5 months preggers, she is...LOL...Have fun at any visits this weekend!!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby6773 View Post
I talked to Ms. Forehand yesterday, and found out that I was approved for Visitation! She told me that there is a separate entrance for the work camp for VISO...anyone out there know which drive I need to take? I will be coming from Pensacola, so I need directions from that perspective!!! I know how to get to the main camp, but not the work camp...any help is greatly appreciated! Our daughter will finally get to see him (and me too, for that matter!!!) and it has been a month since we have see him...and he is going to flip out when he sees her belly...5 months preggers, she is...LOL...Have fun at any visits this weekend!!!!
When you turn off the main road that comes out from town, onto the road that the Walton camp is on (Institution Drive or something like that), and start driving towards the main camp's entrance, you pass the entrance to the work camp's driveway on the left side before you get to the driveway to the main camp. It's marked, but not well...you have to watch for signs. It's about 100 yards before the driveway to the main camp.

Last edited by NAN425; 07-03-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Old 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM

Thank you soooo much NAN...get to surprise him this weekend...Ms. Forehand said that she would not let him know, so this is gonna be a great weekend!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby6773 View Post
Thank you soooo much NAN...get to surprise him this weekend...Ms. Forehand said that she would not let him know, so this is gonna be a great weekend!!!

Ms Forehand is really great to work with. She plays straight with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
Scooby6773 (07-05-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:48 PM

Yes, if anyone out there who's LO has Ms. Forehand as their CO...she is the best! Straight up tells you how it is, how it is looking, and so on and so forth!

But onto better news...Finally got to see him, and it was wonderful! Like someone had said earlier in a different thread, once you see them for the first time in however many days or months it has been, everything else just kind of fades away into the background (for a while, anyway...LOL). And you already start planning your next visit before you are done with the first!

Old 08-17-2015, 07:53 AM

I was able to visit my love here over the weekend. The guards were nice and very helpful and the visitation went great. I got lost on the way there, the gps had me going past the prison but the locals were helpful too. Can't wait until the next time I can see him again, too bad this place is soooo far from home!
Old 03-11-2019, 09:10 PM

My fiance was just transferred to the Walton Work Camp today. I'm new to this and looking for new information in regards to the condition of the Facility etc. Its been a long time since anyone has posted about the camp!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc1288 For This Useful Post:
Dddd (03-13-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,281 Times in 3,232 Posts

Welcome to PTO, Mjc1288. I'm sorry you need us, but glad you found us.

Walton is a really small place, so there just aren't many people who have experience with it. I wish I had the information for you, but I'm not familiar with Walton. Hopefully someone will be along soon who has some information for you.

Glad you're here though, you've found a soft place to land. I do suggest that you poke around, not only in the rest of the FL forum, but in all the forums at PTO. There's a lot here, both information and support.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:33 AM
beautifully flawed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc1288 View Post
My fiance was just transferred to the Walton Work Camp today. I'm new to this and looking for new information in regards to the condition of the Facility etc. Its been a long time since anyone has posted about the camp!
WELCOME! my man is at okaloosa work camp so I cant give you any insight on this place in particular so im sorry I cant be of more help. welcome to PTO tho

heres to the new me, she deserves better than what the old me has allowed..