Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 PM

Talking Maryland MCI HAGERSTOWN WEDDING?

Hey everyone!! My baby and i are planning to get married as soon as possible. i already know about how to apply as far as the chapplin goes but i have a few more questions to anyone who has been married at the mci-h hagerstown facility.

1. Do the same rules apply to dress code on the day?
-can he wear a suit?

2. Can he wear his ring in prison once we are official?

3. About how long does it take to recieve approval from the facility staff?

4. Are there visits allowed after the wedding?

Thank you sooo much for your help. Also, does anyone know someone who marrys people that isnt too expensive.
The Following User Says Thank You to viennaskyler For This Useful Post:
rock candy (02-02-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 09:46 AM
It's us against the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by viennaskyler View Post
Hey everyone!! My baby and i are planning to get married as soon as possible. i already know about how to apply as far as the chapplin goes but i have a few more questions to anyone who has been married at the mci-h hagerstown facility.

-can he wear a suit?

Thank you sooo much for your help. Also, does anyone know someone who marrys people that isnt too expensive.

To answer to the first question - yes the same rules apply to the dress code on your wedding day. (2) yes he can wear his ring he will have to register his ring so it can be on record. (3) once you get the marriage license and make a copy of it and the letter you wrote to be married there to the warden and send it to the warden and your fiance has to write his letter also to the warden once the warden get all the information you send to him then he will approved it. and the warden will give the chaplain Klappert the go ahead. that's the chaplain name at MCIH. you must have a date that you want to be married on and have that in your letter. and the only days you are allow to get married at MCIH is Wednesdays and Thursday. (4) Visits are not allow the day you get married that's the sad part about it once the ceremony is over and the person who will be officiate the ceremony sign the marriage license and is done you have to leave afterward. the reason why there's no visit because that's a day they don't have visits. but if you get married on thursday and you visit the next day Friday your visit will be extended a couple hours. I have to officiate who you can contact.

Reverend Debby Altomonte her email address is reverenddebby@comcast.net her website is www.reverenddebby.com
Her fee start from $300.00 on up

(2) Reverend Deborah Cathers her email address is

info@marylandweddingcelebrant.com

Reverend Deborah cathers is the one who performed my wedding ceremony at MCIH. her fee is $200.00

I hope this info help you.

Last edited by daddy girl; 03-08-2010 at 09:49 AM..
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM

Default weddings there MCIH

Quote:
Originally Posted by viennaskyler View Post

-can he wear a suit?

I found one site that gave the info.. but you can call them and ask for his case manager and talk to them about what you can do.. and the ring is if it is under a certain value.. i heard that if you get married on the end of week you can then see the next day..? something like that... I just found out that we got the proxy signed and we can do our thing without all the other $$ as we do not live nearby and were married before.. so proxy works for us for the legal issues.