Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 PM

Smile Six months after marriage, sent application for FRP. What now?

Hello! After waiting six months after marriage & he mails albany the application. What is the next step? When do they offer him hiv testing? Do they offer the before setting up possible trailer dates?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2016, 08:39 PM

Albany Central office can take 6 months to investigate and approve your application. HIV tests are voluntary for FRP program. They offer nothing. HIV testing is a completely voluntary test, offered in NY S but The Osborne Association. Whether your man wants to take one is up to him. For FRP purposes, he must sign a medical release so on the first visit the wife (only) receives his medical history while I incarcerated. If he so chose to have HIV testing, the results would be in there. If he chose NOT to have HIV test, there will be no results to be had.
FRP visit dates will not occur until Albany Central office approval, and the paperwork that will be requested of you when the approval comes.
It will all fall into place when he gets approval. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
nimuay (12-11-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 10:45 PM

In ny is hiv testing mandatory for the inmates? Std testing? If it's not mandatory, could they request it?
Old 12-08-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April120308 View Post
In ny is hiv testing mandatory for the inmates? Std testing? If it's not mandatory, could they request it?
No STD testing is not mandatory. If they are ill, they can seek treatment. HIV testing is voluntary.
FRP does not make sure he is STD free to participate. They only make you educated of his medical history.
HIPPA rules are followed. If, at your first FRP, you read the confidential information given to all wives and you see information that doesn't sit right with you, then it becomes your choice as to how to continue.

Condoms are purchased by NYS for participants.

Last edited by Ms Sunny; 12-08-2016 at 05:52 AM..
nimuay (12-11-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 07:50 AM

Thanks so much! And I'll be handed his medical info just before I go on the trailer? I'm sure everything is fine, but I like to be extra extra on point!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April120308 View Post
Thanks so much! And I'll be handed his medical info just before I go on the trailer? I'm sure everything is fine, but I like to be extra extra on point!
Exactly, when they take your photo, and look at your original documents.
nimuay (12-11-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 08:58 AM

I also have a question, so he sent application since August to frp counselor at the facility and the state wrote him in October stating that they received his HIV results and working on his paperwork. Now there is a couple we know who got married way after us and already was called for dates for trailer and we are still waiting for ours. I called the counselor she said that she still hasn't gotten word from central office. What should or can I do Feb 2017 will make us a year since married.