Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Illinois

Old 03-08-2017, 05:46 PM

Question What are the steps to getting married at Lawrence Correctional in Illinois

Can someone tell me the steps to getting married at Lawrence cc. From beginning. Like who do we ask for permission, how do I get marriage license without him there? I know you can only have 3 visitors still, does that include me, and does that include the pastor I bring? Can I pick the date or does the Warden?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma82 View Post
Can someone tell me the steps to getting married at Lawrence cc. From beginning. Like who do we ask for permission, how do I get marriage license without him there? I know you can only have 3 visitors still, does that include me, and does that include the pastor I bring? Can I pick the date or does the Warden?
Were you ever able to figure out the steps? I’m interested as well
Old 10-30-2017, 07:10 AM

Default Perfectly easy

The Chaplin at Lawrenceville is easy, sounds mean and unhelpful but really he just wants to know how bad u want to get married. So ur guy sends a request for a marriage packet and may or may not get it, wait a couple days and send another ( took us about 4 requests) and then I called about 3 times. It is hard to reach him cause he is busy but don't give up. When I talked he said if my guy requested one then he got it but that was a lie. We filled out our packet and he went over it. Said it was perfect. Ur guy fills his part out then mails to u and u fill ur stuff out and mail back to Chaplin Vaughn. Then eventually Chaplin calls and asks u questions.. nothing to worry about and then he calls all the guys over to find out if they were approved. While u wait for the packet find ur preacher who will go there to marry u. And add that person to the visitors list. Do not get ur marriage license, that is all done the day of. If u hurry u could make the April 14th date but if not it will be sept. If u need more help please let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karma82 For This Useful Post:
Kellss (11-26-2017), patchouli (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 07:18 PM

Default I don’t log in often

I hardly log in so I was just able to see your reply! Thank you I appreciate your help but I do have further questions like do we need only one witness or do each one of us need one? And I got the packet but we didn’t understand how to fill out a certain page talking about his medical history or something like that?