Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New Jersey that do not fit into any other New Jersey sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:46 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Default He will eventually go back.

My boyfriend and I got back together in July. I was hesitant about seeing him because I knew our feelings, especially mine, would come back. All is going well, except the occasional trip down memory lane which triggered a bad time but we get past it fast. We even joke about them. Well yesterday, I find out that ge missed parole and is now considered "on the run." I asked him how long would he get if caught. He said like 9 years. I've done buds with him but the longest about 18 months. I did tell him I would be there when it inevitably happens but I was expecting like 3 years max. He's been trying so hard, has told me things but this is big. I know I can wait for him but it's gonna be so hard.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,267 Times in 7,254 Posts

If he gets caught is misleading. When he gets caught.

I'm going to pry and you don't have to answer, just something to think about. When you say you "found out" that he missed his parole (check in?), I'm wondering what went through your mind. Did you question what he would miss something so important? Did you wonder how he put your relationship on the back-burner for whatever that reason was? Did you ask him if he thought about what he was asking you to do by harboring an absconded person? And lastly, did you ask yourself if more time in prison would equal a different result when he gets out in the future.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-04-2019), MizzyMuffling (01-19-2019), Sarianna (01-18-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
If he gets caught is misleading. When he gets caught.

I'm going to pry and you don't have to answer, just something to think about. When you say you "found out" that he missed his parole (check in?), I'm wondering what went through your mind. Did you question what he would miss something so important? Did you wonder how he put your relationship on the back-burner for whatever that reason was? Did you ask him if he thought about what he was asking you to do by harboring an absconded person? And lastly, did you ask yourself if more time in prison would equal a different result when he gets out in the future.
Yes, I did ask him. He violated before we got back together. He lost a very close family member and couldn't deal with it. This member was who he was living with. He just couldn't deal with everything. I understand that people are affected differently.

The Following User Says Thank You to NewAttitude For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-18-2019)