Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida News & Events News, Events & Information relating to the Florida DOC, Criminal Justice, Prison Reform, Activism & Support, etc..

Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 PM

jonesin4jmj....yeah i know what you mean....ok from what I've been told the new pilot program if and only when it gets to be signed..only works for inmates that are already there at there Work Release Centers and that are working in there new outside jobs .....Sorry not work camps...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 10:14 PM
so blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blamas View Post
Hi jonesin4jmj...Your Husband has to still do his 85%...But if hes in a work release program and some thing does go threw as a pilot program for all inmates both females and males and are already in a work release program with 12 months or less and is working out side already...then he could come home as early as Feb 09...
where can I get information on the pilot program? You said if it goes through it will happen with females first right? My man is at work release with less than 6 months to go. Thanks for any info!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:38 AM

Hi JrBLaM......I called the Governors office on Monday of last week and spoke to one of his aids that's in charge of every thing that goes on with the FDOC and any new laws that would go threw the Leg... and she explaned to me that there were several pilot programs in front of the Governor right now but none were for early release becouse he siad **NO** to that already before there 85%..But he would look at some thing to try with the woman right now and if it works there they would try to pass it threw the next session for the men..But nothing that would give then extra gian time or opening the doors before there 85% its not going to happen... there going to try with the women frist becouse there always getting the short end of any thing that goes in the DOC....also there more of a lesser risk then the men ... It sounds good the thing is they get to go home from work then back to there work release center put still report in every day to the center....to me some thing is better then nothing

God Bless
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blamas For This Useful Post:
GottaLuvJustice (01-23-2009), JrBLaM (01-18-2009)