Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Ohio should be posted here.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:17 PM

Default Judicial Release In Ohio

so my fiance was sentenced 3 to 5 yrs for robbing a gas station w/ a bat between mental hospital visits, while under an influx of prescribed bipolar meds, has an f2 robbery. he's in Ohio, eligible for judicial release in oct when our baby is due, after serving 6 months. are you familiar with JRs at all? Do you think he's likely to be released the 1st time he files? judge said he's inclined to give it bc it's his first felony but I have a hard time believing that. it's a strict county. any advice? any success or fail stories? anything helps, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,359 Times in 11,854 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. There is much information about judicial release, aka shock probation, including release statistics by doing a google search for "Ohio prison judicial release"
Old 05-22-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. There is much information about judicial release, aka shock probation, including release statistics by doing a google search for "Ohio prison judicial release"
which I have done, I get how the process works I want stories from people who have gone thru it
Old 05-23-2018, 12:26 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,359 Times in 11,854 Posts

I hope you get some.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwarner49 View Post
so my fiance was sentenced 3 to 5 yrs for robbing a gas station w/ a bat between mental hospital visits, while under an influx of prescribed bipolar meds, has an f2 robbery. he's in Ohio, eligible for judicial release in oct when our baby is due, after serving 6 months. are you familiar with JRs at all? Do you think he's likely to be released the 1st time he files? judge said he's inclined to give it bc it's his first felony but I have a hard time believing that. it's a strict county. any advice? any success or fail stories? anything helps, thank you!
I did 3 years. NON violent crime. I did legal work for many guys while locked up. I NEVER had one single ticket (infraction) and they denied me! I even wrote to Federal Judge Walter Rice and he told me to contact him when I was released about the "lack of judicial releases granted". The prisons are over crowded and the only ones I saw getting released were chomos!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Willie View Post
I did 3 years. NON violent crime. I did legal work for many guys while locked up. I NEVER had one single ticket (infraction) and they denied me! I even wrote to Federal Judge Walter Rice and he told me to contact him when I was released about the "lack of judicial releases granted". The prisons are over crowded and the only ones I saw getting released were chomos!
Was it your first number? Did you complete programs and stuff?