Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of South Carolina.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:49 AM

Default Anyone have a love @ McCormick?

Does anyone have a love @ McCormick? My bf is there and they be on lockdown all the time but I understand it's kind thur the state but not all are hmmm. Wondering is this even good for the inmates due to the constant isolation with a roommate or without. I know they dont have enough guards but wonder are they really trying to hire anyone. Mcmaster's nd his crew only gave a lil to hire. Scdc putting on a Visage and not upholding their duty and the Columbia upholding the bs instead of treating them like humanbeings.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 11:47 AM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,349 Times in 2,354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheluvdaocean View Post
Does anyone have a love @ McCormick? My bf is there and they be on lockdown all the time but I understand it's kind thur the state but not all are hmmm. Wondering is this even good for the inmates due to the constant isolation with a roommate or without. I know they dont have enough guards but wonder are they really trying to hire anyone. Mcmaster's nd his crew only gave a lil to hire. Scdc putting on a Visage and not upholding their duty and the Columbia upholding the bs instead of treating them like humanbeings.
McCormick has been one the 21 institutions that's been on 23-hour lockdown since 2017. Trust me when I say many of the men there are used to this. The staff shortage is statewide and has been that way for at least 10 years, that's not new. Is it right or just, no but that's how SC is allowing things to happen. I say allow because the General Assembly can hold a special session to address the problems with the prison system but they're waiting until the 2019 legislative year begins.