Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Fort Dix FCI
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Fort Dix FCI Topics and discussion specific to FCI Fort Dix in Fort Dix, NJ.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:42 PM

Default Ft Dix question on changes in visitation rules

Hi everybody,
It seems to me this place changes rules like the weather. I want to write to someone regarding officials not updating their website, auto message or even when you call in. Any suggestions? My mom who is 81 drove 2 hoursto hear she was 5 minutes late. New timeframe (check in) started on 3/4. She was devastated. Iím really upset and want to channel that in a constructive way but not sure where to write. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,494 Times in 11,920 Posts

Unfortunately this is the way the bop operates. If you find any way to initiate positive changes, be sure to let us know.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:49 PM

Thanks and will do.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJean For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-01-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 06:16 PM

The best way to get the Ft Dix administration to stop ignoring you, is for them to receive a phone call from your senator or congressman. Your loved one may not be able to vote, but you, your friends and family certainly can.
The Following User Says Thank You to 99mtg00 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-01-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mtg00 View Post
The best way to get the Ft Dix administration to stop ignoring you, is for them to receive a phone call from your senator or congressman. Your loved one may not be able to vote, but you, your friends and family certainly can.

Hi 99mtg00,
In theory that is awesome however Iím in Virginia. So Iím not a constituent. My mom is the type who usually avoids any type of confrontation. I do not think what I would have to say from here w/ legislators there would be of any help. I can try. Thank you for your input. I checked all the messages they put up and nothing has been changed since 2017.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:04 PM

There's always changes at Ft. Dix. I visited one day this past summer and had on open toe shoes I went back in a month and couldn't where open toe shoes. This winter I wore a coat with a hood and had to put the coat in the locker went back in less than a month with a coat without a hood and they was allowing people to wear hooded coats. The sitting arrangement changed in March and the visitation rules changed back to having visits on the weekends instead of the inmates number. I am ready for my husband to be away from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky81 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-01-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky81 View Post
There's always changes at Ft. Dix. I visited one day this past summer and had on open toe shoes I went back in a month and couldn't where open toe shoes. This winter I wore a coat with a hood and had to put the coat in the locker went back in less than a month with a coat without a hood and they was allowing people to wear hooded coats. The sitting arrangement changed in March and the visitation rules changed back to having visits on the weekends instead of the inmates number. I am ready for my husband to be away from there.
I hear you Nikki. When I last went I had a shirt, (not a sweatshirt) a shirt with a little hood. Two months before when I went up to take mom (Iím in VA) there were people there barely dressed and that wasnít a problem. Another time after checking in the place went on lockdown (someone was stabbed) and we were rushed out of the Bldg. The warden has serious staffing issues and I donít know if you heard but several COís have been busted (no surprise). Itís not a place that helps anyone get or be better. The place is loaded with whatever anyone wants. Buck their system and your in a world of shó. To me even as a visitor itís like walking into hell. The visitors are the ones behind bars and quite frankly the taxpayers and inmates pay their salaries.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJean View Post
Hi 99mtg00,
In theory that is awesome however Iím in Virginia. So Iím not a constituent. My mom is the type who usually avoids any type of confrontation. I do not think what I would have to say from here w/ legislators there would be of any help. I can try. Thank you for your input. I checked all the messages they put up and nothing has been changed since 2017.
Fine, call your Virginia congressman or senator. The warden won't ignore his call, just for not being from NJ.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mtg00 View Post
Fine, call your Virginia congressman or senator. The warden won't ignore his call, just for not being from NJ.
Thank you so much!
Old 05-06-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJean View Post
Thank you so much!
Are you able to visit? Last time I was there two weeks ago, they were having some strike and I was told they were locking them down. I've been calling to see when I can visit and they just tell me he is restricted. I'm trying to figure out if it's just him or everyone. He was supposed to disposition to another prison for his program but that hasn't happened either. I haven't received any calls or emails. Just wanted to see if your person is on the camp and if you talked to them lately?
Old 05-06-2018, 06:12 PM

Hey Ggirl,
Visitation is Mondays cutoff for check in is 10:30am. None Tues or Wed. Thursday, Fri., and Sat no check in deadline. That’s what they told me yesterday. Maybe he’s restricted? If he’s in gen population maybe my brother could find out. He was in RDAP which has changed (not in a good way) and is now in gen population till a camp assignment. I haven’t visited in a bit as I am in Virginia. Mom is in NJ. When I go up end of the month if there’s no lock down I will attempt to visit.
I did learn another new rule....the birthday card I sent was rejected. It’s on its way back. Only white envelopes. The CO I talked to said it’s because of drug smuggling. Another new rule. If you want pm me your persons name and I’ll see if my brother knows him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJean For This Useful Post:
DameGrenouille (10-20-2018), Fallen1700 (07-15-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 06:31 PM

Ok. I will pm you
Old 05-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,494 Times in 11,920 Posts

I just read the current Ft Dix visiting rules, and the East & West compound's visits on Monday are only from 8:30 AM to Noon, instead of 8:30 AM to 3PM. Noon to 3 PM on Monday is reserved for SHU inmate's visits.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I just read the current Ft Dix visiting rules, and the East & West compound's visits on Monday are only from 8:30 AM to Noon, instead of 8:30 AM to 3PM. Noon to 3 PM on Monday is reserved for SHU inmate's visits.
Looks like another change . Thanks for posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJean For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-07-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 06:37 AM

Hi everybody! My husband just got transferred there (West side) and I plan to visit in November. Does anyone who visited here recently has advices?

How much money can I bring in? Can I take $5 bills or only quarters and $1 bills?
My first visit will probably be on a holiday (Thanksgiving), I guess it will probably be crowded; at what time do you think I should arrive to be sure to be allowed in before the count?
Thanks a lot for any advice you may have!
The Following User Says Thank You to DameGrenouille For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-20-2018)