Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida News & Events News, Events & Information relating to the Florida DOC, Criminal Justice, Prison Reform, Activism & Support, etc..

Old 01-30-2004, 04:23 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/starke/aramark.html
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2004, 04:36 PM

Send a roll of toilet paper to Jeb Bush marked:

"For The Prisoners Of Florida:
To help prevent diseases in prison today
from becoming epidemics in our society tomorrow."

Jeb's address is:
Florida Governor Jeb Bush
The Capitol
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
Old 02-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Always and Forever!!!

that article was great! Thank you for sharing it! we should have a newspaper to diplay all of our feelings about the wonderful DOC

Old 02-15-2004, 08:02 PM

Found this glowing sales pitch at the Aramark website......does it disgust any of you as much as it did me? My man's at Union, and the thought of food poisoning to save a buck makes me sick.

Correctional Institutions - Food ServiceAt ARAMARK Correctional Services, we know our trade. Since 1976, we´ve provided comprehensive, cost-effective food service programs to correctional facilities of all types and sizes. ARAMARK works with more correctional facilities than any other food service company, providing hundreds of thousands of meals a day to inmates in correctional facilities all over the United States.

ARAMARK has earned its position as a leader in correctional food service management by understanding that our mission is to support your public safety and fiscal responsibilities. We continually help our clients find ways to improve service while reducing costs and adhering to the key security aspects of your facility.

This means you can count on the most professional service for each food cost dollar you spend. Our quality meets or exceeds RDA standards recommended by the American Correctional Association.

Properly trained inmates can be productive additions to our food service staff. For this reason, we provide inmate vocational training in the food service industry. You´ll find our flexible programs are a valuable addition to your existing rehabilitation program, benefiting your inmates as well as your facility.

To learn more about other services we can provide to your correctional facility, select from the list at left. To contact someone directly, click here or call 1-800-ARAMARK.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:14 PM

Count me in let me know if I can help....I will...
Old 02-17-2004, 07:08 PM

This is a womderful idea. I have been wanting to do something like this for 11 yrs. My son was locked up when he was 21 and told my the states att. that he would never be able to be a productive citizen. How can a free country as The U.S is supose to be tell a 21 yr old, who had a drug problem and needed help this? All he did was steal from peoples home. They call them the victims of his crime. Do not get me wrong I believe that he needed to serve some time but 25 yrs it is a little to much. The system has no way for the young to be perpare for the outside world. The return rate to prison is very high(%?)if there was education present for the inmate to be able to find a job when they return to the free world I believe the return rate to prisons would be greatlly reduced. My son is not doing time alone with the help of my God.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:57 PM

Default Changing DOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
Anyone have any suggestions how to begin?
To begin with we need an Ombudsman to represent the Inmates to DOC and DOC to the Inmates. As is true with the Youth Corrections system where an Ombudsman has all ready been proposed so we need one for the adult population. He must be an ex-inmate who knows the system, have free access to any prison at any time and be answerable only to the State House and Senate Judiciary Committee. Thats only the beginning but its where we can start
Old 02-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Registered member

Yes, a list of those willing to participate and a letter to Montel or 60 minutes...Miss Oprah....I have contacted myself, via e-mail, but no response. Her show no longer accepts letters thru ordinary 'snail-mail', which, I believe, tend to be more effective, because the computer is often too un-personal and e-mails are often mis-read.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I MISS MY DADDY!!!

i used to work for CCI I knwo what yall are talking about and the way they treat the guys. and i left because of fallin for an inmate and now i have to worry if he's gonna get my letters

Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
MIA

I am in!!!!! Let me know what to do - Lets tell the world how there is so much unjustice in the justice system

Married On
September 22, 2005
Old 04-30-2008, 02:29 PM

Please count me in. Great. I'll be thinking about ideas.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Please count me in. I may not be a wifey yet to my inmate but I will be to him one day. I am willing to do anything to expose the corruption in the system.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:59 PM

Is anyone still working on this? Have you all given up? Please don't give up. If you're still going wityh this let me know. I am willing to do whatever I possible can to make a change. Change has to come to the prison systems in out country. Our loved ones are getting sick, becoming ill with no treatment, and dieing because no one is doing anything.