Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,189 Times in 497 Posts
Default Visiting Information for SCI Muncy

Hours:

Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Visiting Room is closed on Wednesday and Thursday. All visits must be processed by 3 p.m.

Rules:

Inmates may have two visits per week from anyone on their approved visiting list, with only two weekend visits per month.

No more than four adults and four minors will be permitted on one visit; weekend visits will be two adults and four minors per visit only. Anyone over 18 will need photo identification. ALL visitors must be on the approved visiting list. Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minors require prior approval/permission to visit an inmate except immediate family.

No tobacco products are permitted in the visiting area.

Inmates in the Diagnostic Classification Center shall not receive regular visits during their first 10 days in the institution. Attorneys and spiritual advisors shall be permitted.

Visitors will park outside the Gatehouse in the parking area marked for visitors (on the lower left as you drive up the lane). Minors may not be left in the vehicles unattended.

Visitors will register inside the Gatehouse. Only one visit will be processed at a time; often visitors will need to wait outside the Gatehouse.

There will be no loitering outside the Gatehouse, Visiting Room, or holding a conversation by calling across the compound to inmates. Limited shelter is available; older persons and children should have your consideration.

Please do not litter the parking lot of entranceway. Place trash in the containers provided.

Chewing gum is not allowed on grounds, nor is medication. Should medication be required within the visiting period, advise the Gatehouse Officer.

Infants should be fed prior to the visit in order to keep food coming in to a minimum.

General visiting information:

All visitors must be on the approved visiting list. It is recommended that you arrive as early in the day as possible so proper arrangements can be made in time for your visit. It may take time to locate an individual inmate for a visit, so please be patient.

Proper identification is required for all visitors. One (1) photo ID (driver’s license, employee ID, school ID, or other photo ID) will be acceptable. Expired photo identification will not be accepted. If a photo ID is not available then two (2) forms of non-photo ID will be accepted. Examples of a non-photo ID are; Social Security Card, Voters Registration Card, Vehicle registration, Birth Certificate, etc. You will not be permitted to visit without proper identification.

A visitor who cannot produce acceptable identification will not be permitted to visit unless approved by the Facility Manager/designee. A visitor who falsifies identifying information will be suspended/barred from the facility for a period of time determined by the Facility Manager.

Please be sure to sign in upon your arrival and sign out before you leave. If you travel by private vehicle, you will be asked to register the year, make, model and license number.

All visitors are subject to search upon entering the institution, while at the institution, and before leaving the institution. Visitors may be selected for scanning by Ionscan equipment officers. These devices detect the presence of drug traces on persons, property, and clothing. A K-9 crew, dogs and handlers, may also be present. If you refuse to be searched before entering the institution, your visiting privileges may be denied. If you refuse to be searched while in the institution or upon leaving the institution, you may be detained until the appropriate law enforcement authorities arrive.

Any visitor appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance will not be permitted to enter the institution.

Visits are a minimum of one hour in length; however, this may be increased depending upon the number of visits for that day. Visits are especially heavy on weekends, so visiting during the week is sometimes better.

Inmates placed in disciplinary custody status will have one, one-hour noncontact visit each month.

Visitors may bring up to three plastic bottles of formula or white milk, original unopened jars of baby food, three loose diapers, and factory-sealed baby wipes. These items must be hand carried or in a clear plastic bag only. All items are subject to search, and all vacuum sealed containers will be opened.

Please use good judgment and discretion in dress and behavior so as not to embarrass others in the visiting area. Keep children under control. Failure to do so may result in early termination of your visit.

Ex-offenders must have prior approval from the superintendent to visit any inmate.

Do not bring any kind of gift to the institution. Inmates are not permitted to take anything from the visiting area.

Snack items and soft drinks may be purchased and consumed where vending machines are provided. A one-dollar bill changer is available; however, it is recommended you bring change.

Cameras and recording devices are not permitted on institutional grounds. Radios and handbags are not permitted in the visiting areas.

All inmates are informed of changes that may occur in visiting regulations. It is the responsibility of each inmate to inform visitors of these changes.

Please remember that any violation of visiting regulations may result in the suspension of visiting privileges.

Virtual Visitation:

Family Virtual Visitation program at SCI-Muncy started in July, 2003. The visitation site is located in the Project IMPACT mother/child visiting center and visits are facilitated by Parenting Department staff. Inmates may schedule visits on weekdays and weekend days in both the daytime and evening hours. Currently, Virtual Visits are available for inmates from the Philadelphia area.

Interested families can contact:

Eric Jenson
PA Prison Society
245 North Broad Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia PA 19130-3805
or by phone at 215-564-4775, ext. 103.

Directions to SCI Muncy:

From Harrisburg:

Take Route 11 & 15 North. Follow Route 11 North to Route 147 North.
Follow Route 147 North to Route I-180 West (Williamsport Exit). Exit
Route I-180 at Route 405 South (Muncy Exit). Proceed 2 miles to the
institution on Route 405 South.

From Pittsburgh:

Take I-79 North to I-80 East. Follow I-80 East to I-180 West
(Williamsport Exit). Follow Route I-180 West to Route 405 South
(Muncy Exit). Turn left onto Route 405 South and proceed 2 miles to
the institution.

From Philadelphia:

Take I-76 West (Schuylkill Expressway), to I-276 East (Pa Turnpike),
to I-476 North (Northeast Extension toward Allentown-Scranton).
Exit Northeast Extension at the Pocono exit to I-80. Take I-80
West, to I-180 West (Williamsport Exit) to Route 405 South (Muncy
Exit). Turn left onto Route 405 South and proceed 2 miles through
Muncy to the institution.

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread