Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in West Virginia should be posted here.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:37 PM

Cool PO arrested & fired. Can I petition the DOC for early release from parole?

Parole Officer has been arrested for possession and others are being investigated for other reasons in the Elkins office, I have heard that since my parole officer has lost his job that I can petition the DOC for early release off of parole. Any information that is available would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2016, 04:20 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,632 Times in 16,400 Posts

I would think that they'd either give you another PO in the same office, or possibly a different office I don't know the procedure for requesting early release from parole....but whether its granted or not is going to depend on several things: length of time on parole; no violations; restitution/PO fees etc paid in full.

Hopefully someone familiar with W.Va will be along to give you more information.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-02-2016, 06:53 PM

Thanked 11,100 Times in 6,007 Posts

I cannot envision ANY scenario where the arrest of a PO is going to serve as a get-off-paper-free card for the person under supervision. A new PO, absolutely...no further reporting obligation, not a chance in hell.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-02-2016)