Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 07:33 AM

I know right!? 12th year anniversary is coming up quick!! But, just a grill out and fireworks with the fam as usual! Full house including the 6 dogs!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!
The Following User Says Thank You to 4orSmilez For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-04-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2016, 01:35 AM

If I'm to understand this right, this forum here is for anything but prison related? I ask because I need to vent big time!! And have no one to vent too!! Let me explain, I have a daughter who has decided that she is going to divorce her husband. They have been married 13 yrs and for whatever reasons, which I do know there alot of them, she made this decision last month and told him to leave. You see this daughter of mine, is somewhat reserved and has never let anyone know her personal business, yet we pretty much guessed what was going on behind close doors. I have lived with them for the past year, I did not want to get put in this nor be a part of this yet here I am. There are kids involved in all of this and they are mine primary concern. I stay because of them and I also know my daughter needs the moral support and her mom. I was not around since she was little. And in her childhood well, plans for visits were made and broken. Since I have been here, we have become very close and I have become a very central part of my grandkids lives now. I understand that it is hard on all involved, tensions become high. Her husband is becoming someone that none of us in our family would ever have expected to be so nasty and rotten. He got her phone, got into all of her accounts and passwords, put things very mean and nasty on social media. It has gotten out of hand with him. No, I am not saying by any means is my daughter innocent in somethings but the one thing she consistently tried to do, is be civil towards him because he is the kids dad, she did love him at one time and even though she has lost all respect for him, she will never say nothing bad in or around their kids but again this respect she gives him is not returned.We left the house one weekend so that he would have a place to be with the kids all weekend. She left her SUV so he would have a safe car to drive them in as his car is far from safe for all the kids. He has tried to get me to tell her I will not sit for her when she wants to go out....WTF seriously this fool has got me twisted, first of all my daughter is a grown a$$ woman, I couldn't control her at 15 let alone at 30 something!! So, now he has talked crap to me because he couldn't get me to side with him, of course not she is my child right,wrong or indifferent, she and I almost died when I had her. When she is wrong I tell her but when we are alone and talking.I see so much of me in her and all this that she is now enduring, I have been there and it almost feels as though I'm reliving it again. I was her age when her dad and I broke up, he hurt me in the one of the worse ways possible, he denied her, said she wasn't his yet she's the spitting image of him and his family. He has since passed away but I only found out a couple of years ago. I and my family really never allowed him to see her but the are reasons behind it all, at the time we felt were best. Then today, they agreed to be civil and go to their kids orientation for school then they were going to buy school clothes, which I understand her reason for this, he has not given her money for the kids or offered to buy food nada. She wanted the kids to understand that no matter what, even though mom and dad are not together, they can still do things for the them as civilized people, well, that theory went out the window. He talked crap to her in front of them etc. I never thought it was a good idea just yet but it's her decision. Then they come back and he drops this on her, the girl he was caught cheating with some years back, well she had a baby by him and its a girl and she's about the same age as their youngest one. Then he proceeds to go and tell the kids they also have another baby sister.......Are you freaking kidding me....where in God's name is this fools head, how do you just go and blurt something like this to kids who are only 12,10.9.8 and 3 yrs old????? The kids I'm not sure what their thinking, they've been with me all night only the oldest is acting out. My heart dropped for her and the kids, I know that felling all too well. The pain well could he have stuck that knife any deeper into her chest, maybe twisted it just a lil more?????? He and I have had it out a couple of times lately, he got my phone one day when I dropped it and threw it and broke it. He has come at me but I'm not the one to mess with, I will have a surprise for him and trust in that, I have no fear of him. He may have pulled the wool over others eyes but not mine. I always kept my mouth shut and treated him as one of my own sons. But, all bets are off now and all he is to me, is the father to my grandchildren. I thank you for letting me write this and vent, I really had no place to do this or talk with anyone about it.

Last edited by Francis213; 08-25-2016 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: corrections
Old 08-30-2016, 07:33 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,118 Times in 15,537 Posts

Yes you got it right. This is the spot to talk about things not prison related.
Tho at some point the son in law may find himself there if he keeps doing crap like you are describing (throwing phones, not paying child support etc)

I think I'd probably be suggesting that your daughter get some help thru the county as far as child support etc. Its so hard when its all fresh. She will need to put her emotions on hold around the kids and the husband. Just focus on what is best for them (kids)
And for you too. You never know she could end up back with him and you dont want to be the one who badmouthed him to her.
Just try to be as supportive of her and the kids as you can.

And if he ever destroys any more of your property I'd consider calling the police on him.
jerk.
as to the kids finding out about another sister.......well......Im sure it was not the best way to handle that. Kids are pretty resiliant (sp) with that type of info, but Mom may want to see about talking with a counselor either at school (if they start acting out at school) or thru her medical.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-22-2016, 07:25 AM

Donation Award 

Ok first day of Fall.
It will be a bit cooler here today but they say the heat is coming back and should be in the 100 degree range Sun/Mon.
Good gawd. I like heat but not that much heat.

Sort of looking forward to fall, not not winter.
(I work outside so, any extreme weather sucks for me)

Whats your favorite season?

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-22-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,077 Posts

55F where I am today. Definitely a summer person, but the older I get the more I like this time of the year; crisp mornings and evenings, leaves turning yellow and red....ahh. It's a different story two months from now though when temps turn freezing and the snow starts falling...yikes

Glad to know CA is getting a bit of a break of the heat though

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-23-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,251 Times in 4,675 Posts

Coming home to the UK I really miss the California sun. Our weather here seems to be a constanst year around grey drizzle with some sun and snow thrown in. The met office predict our coldest winter ever with heavy snowfall and temps below freezing for 4 months.Yikes I need to rebook my plane ticket as soon as possible. The onlyplus for a snow filled winter is Christmas.There is nothing better than snow at Christmas.

Although having spent a few weeks in Las Vegas mid summer I was praying for Uk cool . Guess I am never satisfied.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.

Last edited by maytayah; 09-28-2016 at 10:57 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-28-2016), sidewalker (09-29-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,281 Times in 791 Posts

We are in the middle of a heatwave. Since Sunday, the temperature is between 99-101*. The nights are muggy. Today was a bit cooler at 93*. This is the start of fall, I could have sworn summer was over. The Los Angeles area can start cooling down now. Can you hear that Mother Nature.

I can hear the low 70's whispering.

I'm ready to wear my Ugg's lol...
Old 09-28-2016, 11:57 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,259 Times in 2,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
We are in the middle of a heatwave. Since Sunday, the temperature is between 99-101*. The nights are muggy. Today was a bit cooler at 93*. This is the start of fall, I could have sworn summer was over. The Los Angeles area can start cooling down now. Can you hear that Mother Nature.

I can hear the low 70's whispering.

I'm ready to wear my Ugg's lol...
Waiting for those cool late-autumn nights....because that's when she's coming home

What's interesting is that our summer was mild, in fact most of last week, mostly cool weather. Then suddenly 104 out of f---ing nowhere!

Supposed to get into the 70's this weekend. Ahhhhh! Much better.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-29-2016, 07:15 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,281 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Waiting for those cool late-autumn nights....because that's when she's coming home

What's interesting is that our summer was mild, in fact most of last week, mostly cool weather. Then suddenly 104 out of f---ing nowhere!

Supposed to get into the 70's this weekend. Ahhhhh! Much better.

Blessed indeed. Enjoy and enjoy some more . I'm sure it will get hot and steamy lol...

I sure hope so, the box to my Ugg's is getting dusty lol. Yes, you're right we had a mild summer.

I love the Fall 🍁🍂🍃🌾. It's my FAVORITE season.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Donation Award 

I swear we have bipolar weather.
Since sunday its been ungodly hot. 100's to upper 90's.
Yesterday was warm but very doable 80's
Now they are talking a cool weekend and possible rain on Sun Mon.
Unreal.

At least soon I will be able to use the oven for cooking dinner.
Been using the bbq this whole week.
I will miss the sunshine tho. Not the extreme heat tho.

Cant believe its already the end of Sept.
smh.
This yr flew by!

That's my dog's nose art

missingdee (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I swear we have bipolar weather.
Since sunday its been ungodly hot. 100's to upper 90's.
Yesterday was warm but very doable 80's
Now they are talking a cool weekend and possible rain on Sun Mon.
Unreal.

At least soon I will be able to use the oven for cooking dinner.
Been using the bbq this whole week.
I will miss the sunshine tho. Not the extreme heat tho.

Cant believe its already the end of Sept.
smh.
This yr flew by!
Definitely a weird weather year.

Highs in Chowchilla top out at 80 on Saturday and 70-something on Sunday. Going with a long-sleeved shirt on Sunday because I think I can get away with it. I'm looking forward to my visit. Dee's excited too

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-30-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:50 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

So.....does anyone know anything fun to do in Merced on a Saturday night? Aside from cow tipping....Ha!

-Thomas Jefferson
sidewalker (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 07:55 AM

Donation Award 

hahaha, I just checked this
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...alifornia.html

You could go to the post office!
(oh dear god, really?????)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Oh awesome, I go to the post office a lot. LOL! Actually I was going to write Delmy a letter today and I thought maybe instead of mailing it off from here I'll just slip it at the Chowchilla Post Office.

Or I could walk in on Saturday afternoon after visitation and say "hey! You know those guys who write girl inmates? I'm one of those! Just thought I'd introduce myself so you'd see we really exist!"

-Thomas Jefferson
sidewalker (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 09:03 AM

Donation Award 

lol. too funny!
well just thought I'd let you know.........I hope the Dodgers get swept.

Still tryin to BelEVEN.
(yeah, aint gonna happen but then again, you never know. Its always torture for the Giants)

Enjoy your trip to the Post office. (still shakin my head over that bit of advice from trip advisor. Really? The PO?)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 22,663 Times in 8,027 Posts

Ok, ok you two...that post office actually looks really cool. LOL

I'm admittedly a bit of a PO fan so I do like going into new ones. When I saw that there were reviews of one I got sort of excited. And not just a random review, but several!! Looks like it's because it's a historic landmark and has a lot of murals and architectural significance.

I may have to start writing PO reviews now.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (10-01-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 08:29 PM

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,258 Posts

We stay in Merced when we visit SCC. Looks like we'll have to visit the PO the next time we go. Sounds more exciting than anything we've seen so far!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-30-2016), sidewalker (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 06:53 AM

That post office has "kind clerks" but a "small parking lot." Now the very least I need in my US postal office choice is a large parking lot as when I am in the US I rent the biggest SUVs I can find.
The reason being in the UK gas (we call it petrol) is very expensive we currently pay up to £1.28 per litre not a gallon a litre so about $7.50 a gallon.
So we tend to have small and hybrid cars over here . An SUV is a novelty for me, so I need a huge parking lot to put my massive gas guzzling vehicle in.

I wouldnt recommend anyone visting my home toiwn postal office for the fun of it. Although if you do Shelley the clerk is very sweet and also asks how my penpals are.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (10-01-2016), Sarianna (10-02-2016), sidewalker (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 08:47 AM

Donation Award 

Some of the older post offices ARE actually pretty interesting. The buildings that is.
I'd bet its a bitch to work in tho. Ours is a medium size one but dang we are crunched in there. Especially with all the parcels we have been getting. You can barely get out without knocking into something.
but this tops it all. Cant imagine trying to sort mail in a moving train
http://postalmuseumblog.si.edu/railway-post-office/

That's my dog's nose art

Sarianna (10-02-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 22,663 Times in 8,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Cant imagine trying to sort mail in a moving train http://postalmuseumblog.si.edu/railway-post-office/
Obviously pre-Amazon pantry delivery.

My hometown PO (well, the "real'' one, not the one under constant threat of closure) has no parking lot at all. I learned to ride my bike to it or walk over from the transit station when it was convenient. But, the clerks there (Hi Mike and Chris!!) are the best folks. I actually made a point of going to say goodbye before I moved. And if I visit home, I'll for sure stop in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-02-2016), sidewalker (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 12:50 PM

I think mail trains are quite romantic, we have them in the UK although I believe they are being phased out . They used to run at night across the country and mail would be sorted on board.
In 1963 a mail train was robbed in one of the UKs most famous crimes The Great train Robbery. The gang responsible stole millions from the train the money was in mail sacks aboard and they were eventually all arrested and given long sentences. Ronnie Biggs and several other gang members escaped prison and fled to Brazil.
Who says the mail is boring?

Now amazon want to deliver parcels by drone... just not the same.

Last edited by maytayah; 10-02-2016 at 07:17 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-02-2016), sidewalker (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 08:21 PM

Donation Award 

rofl. I get a kick out of amazon saying they will use drones.
Ok yeah, right.
When people dont even know where they live.
cant tell you how many letters, parcels etc, I deliver to the CORRECT address instead of the one they put on the parcel/Letter.
Swear to God they walk outside, look across the street and say YEP I live at.....and give the across the street neighbors addy as their own. Insane.

I just wonder how many business' will go out due to people NOT going into a store.
Not kidding here.
They buy water, dog food, toilet paper, paper towels and who knows what else thru the mail. SERIOUSLY? you cant make it to the store?
I can see if you cant drive, or have a hardship. But the stuff folks are ordering online?
It CANT be cheaper. It just cant.
and yeah. I just LOVE lugging your 50lbs of DOG food across your diveway to your door.
(not)
Just dont tell me what you got. lol.
crazy people.

Now......how about them Giants??? Let's go Giants!!! Hooot!

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
miamac (10-01-2016), Sarianna (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 07:21 AM

I dont know how the delivery drones will work, its not like they can knock your door! I guess they will drop your parcel on the grass front or back and hope it doesnt rain or that the local tea leaves dont steal it?

I can never see me buying everything on line , I like stores I like to and see things and try things on.I like to know what I am buying.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:30 AM

Donation Award 

I also prefer to go to a store to buy things.
Tho lately hubs been doing all the buying. I dont like to go to the store either lol.

I was laughing the other day. We were talking about the mall. I was trying to remember how long its been since Ive been to one.
Got to be 3 yrs now. hahaha.
It used to be that we'd go maybe once a month or so. Not anymore.
They really dont have anything I want.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 11-29-2016, 09:45 AM

Donation Award 

Dang, another year down.
With Christmas looming it means my work load will be increasing. Yuck.
I do have a vacation coming up to looking forward to just hanging out at home.
but I dread having to come up with gifts for everyone.
So I dont usually. No money really to get stuff I want to get.
Didnt even put up a tree last yr. I dont want to again this yr, but may have to.
(my son's new gf is sort of suggesting it, strongly)
We shall see.
Hub asked me what I want, and I told him nothing. I want nothing.
Then rephrased and said I want to fix things around the house.
(dishwasher, bathroom repair as much as we can afford)

Anyone else sort of feeling the blues over the holidays?
I did manage to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving. It turned out ok.

That's my dog's nose art

Closed Thread