Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Utah - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Mail ,News & Information, etc.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 AM

Default Moving to SLC but getting turned down b/c of his record

Hey guys!
My boyfriend and I are relocating to the Salt Lake City area in Utah very shortly. It is due to my job moving out there. We have fair credit but he has a criminal record unfortunately. We tried applying to some apartments but are getting turned down because of his record.
Amy ideas or suggestions would be awesome!! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2017, 02:17 PM

There are a ton of apartments in the downtown Salt Lake area. Whether places will rent to you will depend on what his record is for.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceam View Post
There are a ton of apartments in the downtown Salt Lake area. Whether places will rent to you will depend on what his record is for.
He does have a violent felony on his record unfortunately. It has been about 6-7 years since the arrest/conviction and he has not been in trouble once since. He holds a dull..time job and we lead a quiet life. It just stinks that no one seems to want to give us a chance. I don't want to to try every single place because it's like $35 per application per person.. Very expensive to throw money away.
That's why I was hoping someone may have experience and know some.good suggestions.