Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CCWF Visitation & Dress Code Thread

If itís about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here.
This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM

Default visiting from out of state

Hi! I'm brandnew to Prisontalk and thought maybe you could help - I'm going to visit someone on DR at CCWF, but i'm from out of state and i'm sort of lost as to the details - what airport is best to fly into, and do you have any recommendations about hotels and transportation? I don't drive.
I really want to make this visit work because it's important to me and my friend inside, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to figure this out. I am truly grateful for any help you can offer! thanks in advance
Old 08-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Banned

My partner keeps asking about the kissing & if she can grab my butt. I told her not to because I read that someone lost their visiting privileges for six months for doing that. Happy to know we can hold hands and walk around outside, looking forward to that. So far our visits have been behind glass. First they said it because she was in reception, now they are saying its because she's not classified in the computer. Whatever that means.

I think the distance thing is kind of BS chowchilla is like a hour and forty five minutes from the Bay if you drive like I do. Also there is a free bus. People forgot about my partner before she went to CCWF. When she was in county a few more people when to see her but not that many. I think it's one of those things where there's gender disparity. In county the men's side always had WAY more visitors then the woman.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:59 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,081 Times in 15,517 Posts

Lbabygurl78
you are correct. Any touching outside of the first hug and last hug, would likely be considered excessive contact.
You can hold hands if they are on the table in plain view, and also if you have an outdoor area inclosed where you can walk.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 03-02-2014, 04:17 AM

I'm planning to visit a woman in CCWF. She sent me a visitor's form and I will fill it out and send it, but the question is: I had a felony class "c" Criminal Activities In Drugs, was convicted for "selling" a younger kid (15 years old) a joint of marijuana. The truth being I gave it to him, it was in my car and I didn't know that I had it there and he asked if he could look in my car for anything it have. I know it sounds funny, but true. He got pulled over and said I sold it to him. I, like a dummy, said yes I sold it to him, when in truth I gave it to him, no money was ever exchanged. Result: $500. fine and 2 years count appointed probation, which was if I got in trouble I would spend time in jail, which I didn't and it's almost 40 years latter. Question??? Will I get approved or should I bother to submitt a visitors form??? Thank Greg
Old 03-06-2014, 04:37 AM

Default Approval

Turn it in, I think you should get approved
Old 09-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,242 Times in 2,334 Posts

Wow, pretty dead around here.

I'm going to CCWF this weekend. Not sure if anyone around here has much knowledge. I'm pretty familiar with the ropes at CIW so I'm assuming the rules inside and the dress code issues are about the same.

Is there anything special I need to know about visitor parking or checking into the visitation area? Anything I can do to help process in as quickly as possible? I generally just bring in my ID and a key and a clear plastic bag with quarters.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-13-2018, 11:34 PM

I have a question my girlfriend is in reception at CCWF and I want to visit her but I have somewhat of a criminal history multiple drug charges and a felony for assault w deadly weapon but I just recently terminated my probation will any of this effect the visiting approval ?

Last edited by Ilovejellybean; 03-13-2018 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Just because
Old 03-14-2018, 05:51 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,081 Times in 15,517 Posts

When you get the visit application include any and all previous history. (dates, etc...)
And yes, it will probably be difficult to get approved.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 03-16-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
When you get the visit application include any and all previous history. (dates, etc...)
And yes, it will probably be difficult to get approved.

Thank you I I figured it would be a mess I was just hoping for the best