Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in Florida facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,421 Posts
Default Where To Stay in Region II

THIS INCLUDES:

Major Institutions

•Baker CI
•Columbia CI
•Columbia Annex
•Cross City CI
•FL State Prison
•FL State Prison - West
•Hamilton CI
•Hamilton Annex
•Lake City CF
•Lancaster CI
•Lawtey CI
•Lowell CI
•Lowell Annex
•Lowell Reception Center
•Madison CI
•Marion CI
•Mayo Annex
•Putnam CI
•RMC-Main
•RMC-W
•Suwannee CI
•Suwannee Annex
•Tomoka CI
•Union CI

Re-Entry

Region 2

* Baker Correctional Institution (Male)

WORK CAMPS, FORESTRY CAMPS AND ROAD PRISONS

Region 2

Baker Work Camp (Male)

Cross City Work Camp (Male)

Gainesville Work Camp (Male)

Lancaster Work Camp (Male)

Lowell CI Boot Camp (Female Youth)

Lowell Work Camp (Female)

Madison Work Camp (Male)

Marion Work Camp (Male)

Mayo Work Camp (Male)

RMC Work Camp (Male)

Suwannee Work Camp (Male)

Tomoka Work Camp (Male)

WORK RELEASE CENTERS

Region 2

Bridges of Jacksonville WRC (Male) (Contract facility)

Daytona Beach WRC (Male)

Dinsmore WRC (Male)

Lake City WRC (Male)

Re-Entry of Ocala WRC (Male) (Contract facility)

Santa Fe WRC (Male)

Last edited by Anjewel; 03-16-2013 at 01:01 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,421 Posts
Default Cross City

Carriage Inn

352 498 3910

16872 S E Hwy 19
Cross City Fl

It's RIGHT on the same Hwy the prison is, that's the selling point for me. The GPS 'MAPS' on my iPhone take me right to the place with that address.

I always take my own pillows and quilt, no matter where I go because the usual cardboard pillows and poly bed spreads make me itch. The pillows aren't too bad here....it just seems like using someone else's wash cloth is all...(my hang up, may not be yalls). And, I have no idea why the bed sheets don't bother me...it's just my little quirk.

They have non smoking rooms and I have never had an asthma attack so I think it's legit. Also, the bathrooms are a good size. And, all the rooms I've stayed in have a microwave and small fridge. ****TRY NOT TO STAY IN ROOM 1, THE SHOWER HEAD IS SHORTER THAN ME AT 5'1"****

The ONLY drawback is the nearest Walmart is about 40 miles back towards the interstate. But, there's fast food and little convenience stores and the Inn has a little restaurant right in the parking lot and it's not half bad.

I went with mom and our 9yo son and they charged 64 a night. I go by myself and they charge 54 a night. No mention of any discount but I don't have AAA or any other program that I know of....

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
lavonsonya (08-28-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 AM

Default Motels in Lake City

I'm still looking for a recommendation for a motel in Lake City and hoping someone has found a decent one there. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:34 PM

There is a white hotel just off the exit 75....sorry I dont remember the name that was always good. There is a smaller less expensive motel next door to the fish restaurant (across the strret from Super Walmart). Again, I cant remeber the name it has been a while since my son was up that way. But the fish restaurant is good.

I never had a problem getting a room at the last minute as long as there were no local things like the Olustee Battle recreation or mudding.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:16 PM

I went ahead today and just reserved a room at the America's Best and will hope for the best. It was only $43 with tax and if I don't like it, I'll look around before I leave till I find something better to reserve for next weekend. A friend warned me about labor day weekend and there being a Gators game which she said usually fills up motels even in Lake City. I'm so excited as we only have 63 hours to go after waiting for a year and a half. This is so far going to be the greatest day of my life and I've been waiting so long to finally hold this man I love so much.
Since I plan to be up there on a regular basis I will make up a list of motels with prices etc and post it in the appropriate place. Thanks for your help and I'll check out the ones you talked about. Also thanks for the tip on the fish restaurant as I love fish.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:15 PM

I know it is not Lake city but does anyone have any good motels in Ocala my grandson is on his way to work release there should be there around sept 5 hope to visit soon after to take him clothes, etc. All I know is we get off I-75 at exit where rt 27 is but any suggestions would help, thanks simonsezfl
Old 08-22-2013, 05:52 AM

America's Best is next door to the white hotel I mentioned. Hopefully they have remodeled when I used to go up that way it was a dump. Try the one next to the fish restaurant.....it used to be in the same price range and was clean. There is another post somewhere about motels in Lake City that gave names...

Last edited by Charlie's Mom; 08-22-2013 at 05:53 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 03:03 PM

I'll just hope for the best and if I don't like it I'll find another one before I leave on Sunday and reserve a room for next weekend. I'm so ready to see my angel as this will be our first visit after waiting a year and a half for me to move here etc etc. I have 16 hours to go before I become one very happy lady.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

I've stayed at the Ramada and Red Roof Inn that is next to the interstate and they were both fine. I've also stayed at the Super 8 that is 1 exit down. There is nothing at this exit but it's quiet only a couple of miles to the previous exit where Walmart, etc is. There is also a movie theater there that I went to when I visited over a long weekend.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:47 PM

I stayed at the America's Best Value at 3835 West US 90 which is just west of I 75 and it was great with the lowest price I found. I paid $39 plus tax, the staff were very nice, the room was very clean with no smoke smell in it, the bed was in very good shape, and the premises were immaculate. I made reservations for next weekend (Labor Day) and they gave me the same price. I really lucked out and this will be my weekend home in the future. I didn't see the fish restaurant but Pizza Hut is my favorite and was right down the street and they deliver as well.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsezfl View Post
I know it is not Lake city but does anyone have any good motels in Ocala my grandson is on his way to work release there should be there around sept 5 hope to visit soon after to take him clothes, etc. All I know is we get off I-75 at exit where rt 27 is but any suggestions would help, thanks simonsezfl
Hi Simonsezfl! Ocala isn't far from me, but I'm not familiar with that area. Wish I could give you some suggestions. Maybe check on reviews from hotel.com or Travelocity.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:32 PM
Always keep your promises
Donation Award 

Where can I stay close to Lawtey?
Old 12-31-2014, 06:03 PM

Thanked 5,989 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenglover View Post
Where can I stay close to Lawtey?
Call the prison and ask most of them know the closest and the best places to stay. Also try travel services online.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:50 PM

Default Hotels in Region II

I see that this thread is old and I thought I would update it with the info I obtained this past weekend. My husband is currently in Suwannee Work Camp in Live Oak. My daughter and I rented a room at Econolodge off of Exit 283 (I10). It was an older motel, however, they have done renovations and it was very clean. The staff that I spoke with was very nice and helpful also. I felt safe there and would have no problem staying there alone if I needed to. It is also about a 15 minute car ride to the facility.

Hope this can help someone out there.