Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona

Old 05-18-2018, 01:49 PM

Post Looking for information on Lawrence Correctional Center

Hi! Does anybody have a loved one incarcerated at Lawrence? My boyfriend is about to be transferred there and we'd like to know how is like. He was told the guards are quite bossy and the place is like a boot camp. I'd also like to know how fast are they handling the mail & if there's any plan about getting mp3's so the inmates can send messages.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2018, 03:19 PM

Hey there! My guy is no longer there but he was there for about 2 months right after Statesville.It is listed as a Med security but it operates as a experimental max. they are locked down for most of the day. they get out about 2 hours a day. one day it will be an hr or so in the morning then the same at night. the next it will be around noon till 2. kind of deal. the guards on the visiting side of things were always very nice and helpfully, as for inside he said it was not bad. you had your bad ones but that's everywhere. Mail wasn't to bad sometimes it would take a while, others just a few days after they get it. so really just hit and miss. They are doing visiting Pix now, they started that right He left ugh lol. haven't heard when the mp3 will be there but I do believe the keous where in. I hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to Andy&Me For This Useful Post:
nenyures (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 05:32 PM

I'm glad to read this. He's thrilled because he's getting out of Menard, but out of the four options he had for medium, Lawrence was his least favorite. It's great to hear it's not that bad. I'm from overseas and it's difficult to find out clear information about it. So thank you so much
Old 05-19-2018, 05:53 AM

no problem, glad I could help. feel free to ask with any questions you may have!