Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:53 AM

Default Sex offender visiting - will our kids be able to visit?

My husband has recently been wrongfully convicted of a felony and misdemeanor both considered non violent. He now has to register for life. The “victim “ admitted to lying about the accusations to CPS and the local police dept however when it came to the trial and she took the stand she started to say they were true again but her whole story changed. My question is my husband and I have 2 young daughters together, will I be able to take them to visit him? The judge didn’t put any restrictions besides a stay away order for the “victim”. My husband is currently waiting to be sent to Wasco. Does wasco allow these visits or does any California prison allow them?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2018, 06:59 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,127 Times in 15,542 Posts

Its very likely he wont be able to have contact visits with any minors.
Our son was able to visit while my hub was in reception but not once he mainlined to cci.
(the reception visits were behind glass..no contact)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (03-01-2018), gvalliant (03-01-2018), maytayah (03-01-2018), patchouli (03-01-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Would we contact the visiting sergeant for clarification on this? I don't see anything in the penal code or under a google search about prohibition of visits between the SO inmate and his non-victim children.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:52 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,666 Times in 8,028 Posts

If the charge(s) involve minors in any way, it's unlikely that he will be allowed contact visits with any minors including biological children. It is in Title 15, page 102 lists the specific charges and examples of how contact visits with minors are permitted/denied.

To give you an example-- 16 years ago, my husband was 19 when he got into a fight with a 17 year old. He is not permitted contact visits with minors including his own children because they consider him a threat to minors. He has no history of domestic violence, sex abuse or any other crime. It is up to the classification committee but they've been pretty hard nosed about it. This is a hope for the best, prepare for the worst scenario.

Last edited by miamac; 09-16-2018 at 09:59 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (09-17-2018), Sarianna (09-16-2018), sidewalker (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 06:27 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,127 Times in 15,542 Posts

Unless things have changed, if you have a sex offense (one of those listed in title 15 that mia gave you a link for) the inmate wont be able to have a contact visit.
During reception I think most if not all visits are non contact. So if the visiting minor isnt a victim they could visit.
Once mainlined and visits are contact visits, most of the time a minor wont be allowed to visit.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (09-17-2018), mareetee60$ (09-24-2018)