Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:47 AM

Default How long does it take until he can call me, and the visits?

Hi, can someone please give some details. Im so worried but put all my trust and fait in Jesus. My son transferred to Jamestown 3 days ago but I haven’t heard from him. How long does it take until he can call me, and the visits?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruz For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (07-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2019, 07:40 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,115 Times in 15,535 Posts

Phone calls are difficult. I know since my hub was in, that things have changed a bit as he was not allowed to use the phone while he was in reception.
Is your son in reception? Cause things a bit different from *mainline*
If he's not in reception he is probably in orientation. He may need a few days to adjust and soon he will be able to call. As to visiting, have you been approved for visits already?
If so you can try to make an appt to visit via Vpass.
If you have NOT been approved yet, he will have to send you a visit application. (make sure he signed it) then you fill it out send it back in, and wait. It can take a good while for approval. (say 4-6 weeks)
They will let him know you are approved.

Hope that helps a bit.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (07-26-2019), Patrickj (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 08:50 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,571 Times in 1,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruz View Post
Hi, can someone please give some details. Im so worried but put all my trust and fait in Jesus. My son transferred to Jamestown 3 days ago but I haven’t heard from him. How long does it take until he can call me, and the visits?

If he is a transfer they make you do 10 days orientation. He maybe able to call you after he goes to Classification which is towards the end of the ten days. Depends on the officers in charge of orientation could before then My guess would be ay least a week after he arrives but don't take this as factual
gvalliant (07-26-2019), sidewalker (07-25-2019)