Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:00 PM

Default Board voted FI-5 / IPTC: But he isn't up for parole until 3/21.

I am hoping someone can help me. My BF got a paper last night and it said that parole voted and he needed IPTC. He is not up for parole until 3/21 so I am confused. Has this happened to anyone else's SO?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,462 Times in 12,936 Posts

Here's what the TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE PAROLE DIVISION says about IPTC. My guess is that unless he completes the program, he won't be granted parole.
https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/documents...ole_policy.pdf

Last edited by fbopnomore; 08-10-2019 at 03:03 AM..
Old 08-10-2019, 07:41 AM

I thought they did not start looking at files until 6 months prior to parole? He still has 19 months until Parole date. He said everyone he talks to has never seen that paper before and his teacher that has worked there for 20 years hadn't either. She pulled up his file in the computer and it said nothing about IPTC on his plan. The paper did say "parole voted".
Old 08-10-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy903496 View Post
So my BF got a letter last night that said "parole voted" and that he needed IPTC. The crazy thing is that he does not go up for parole for another 19 months. Everyone he has asked, including a teacher that has been there for 20 years, has never heard of someone getting this paper. I am hoping someone out there is familiar with this. Its just extremely weird that it says "Parole voted!"
Suggest you go to the TDCJ or Board of Pardons and Paroles Website and check parole status using his TDCJ Number. If he was voted IPTC, this is a FI-5 vote. Since it is related to drug treatment, the screen will show parole approved pending completion of a program. Institutional Parole Officers (IPO's) normally deliver parole status letters in person-the IPO should be able to clarify why he was voted early-if in fact that is the case. If this wasn't his initial review, he may have qualify for a Special Review.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ump For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-10-2019), Firebrand (08-10-2019), Wendy903496 (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ump View Post
Suggest you go to the TDCJ or Board of Pardons and Paroles Website and check parole status using his TDCJ Number. If he was voted IPTC, this is a FI-5 vote. Since it is related to drug treatment, the screen will show parole approved pending completion of a program. Institutional Parole Officers (IPO's) normally deliver parole status letters in person-the IPO should be able to clarify why he was voted early-if in fact that is the case. If this wasn't his initial review, he may have qualify for a Special Review.
The parole website says he is not up for parole until 3/2021. I will call them tomorrow and will also have him talk to the counselor or whoever the IPO is. Thank you!!!!
Old 08-11-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
It was mailed to him from TDCJ
Old 08-11-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
It was mailed to him from TDCJ
Perhaps he received his Individual Treatment Program (ITP) that should have be provided to him by TDCJ. Parole votes are delivered in person by an IPO. Additionally, the website updates each evening around midnight and would have reflected a vote. The website is pretty darn accurate in terms of parole voting. He can send an I-60 to the IPO requesting clarification; however, some are better than others in terms of responding in a timely fashion.
The Following User Says Thank You to ump For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Perhaps he received his Individual Treatment Program (ITP) that should have be provided to him by TDCJ. Parole votes are delivered in person by an IPO. Additionally, the website updates each evening around midnight and would have reflected a vote. The website is pretty darn accurate in terms of parole voting. He can send an I-60 to the IPO requesting clarification; however, some are better than others in terms of responding in a timely fashion.
It was his ITP. Question is: What to do now? From my understanding you cannot get into this program until you actually go to parole review and they give you the F1-5. So any suggestions would be helpful. He is in Beto.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
It was his ITP. Question is: What to do now? From my understanding you cannot get into this program until you actually go to parole review and they give you the F1-5. So any suggestions would be helpful. He is in Beto.
He has about 1 1/2 years until his initial parole review. Remember that even though the ITP suggests IPTC, this does not mean he'll automatically get this vote. He may; however it might not be on his first review. A similar type vote is the FI-6R which involves substance treatment.

In preparation for his review you should encourage him to; participate in as many programs: vocational, AA, NA, Changes; remain disciplinary free, and prepare his own re-entry plan. The plan should include employment prospects, a secure and supportive place to reside, how he will deal constructively with both the highs and lows he will experience upon release without reverting to ways that may find himself back in prison. About 4 months prior to review he should write a one page letter to the parole panel detailing what he has learned while incarcerated to put himself in a better position to be successful upon release and his re-entry plans/support that he has worked on. You may also request to meet with the lead voter several months in advance to share your thoughts on why he would be a good candidate and what support he will have from yourself and others. If he remains at the Beto Unit, he'll fall under the Palestine Board Office.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
I was late replying to your PM. I got the same thing on Beto. That paper is your ITP, it lists the things that are recommended for you to take as part of your individualized treatment plan (not the things have already taken). Basically, if you wanted to satisfy your ITP it shows you what you need.