Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GREEN HAVEN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREEN HAVEN HUB - Green Haven, Downstate, Fishkill, Beacon, Taconic, Bedford Hills.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:36 PM
This is my heart.

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Yes, it is always good to see the one you love. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Anyone from NJ that will carpool to Greenhaven ? I visit weekdays and A-L please help ... or do you know a bus or van service ?

Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM

HI LADIES, I am going to be staying in Fishkill for 4 days from the 31st March till the 4th April and will going to Greenhaven all four days.
If anyone would like a ride to Greenhaven from Beacon train Station, I do not mind picking you up.
I KNOW IT'S ONLY FROM THE STATION, BUT HAVING READ SOME OF THE THREADS ABOUT THE PRICE OF TAXIS I THOUGHT THIS MAY BE A OPTION FOR SOMEONE.
PM IF ANYONE WANTS A LIFT...
THANX
Old 04-12-2010, 09:29 AM

Default Re-united bus service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzanita View Post
Who here can "share a ride" for other members? please post...

who needs a ride? please post...

please add some dates if you can, for the times you are available to share a ride for future reference

PLease do not REPOST the same request or offers more than once
Unless it is a NEW request or offer.

Members read through and will respond

Please do not POST email addresses, PM members to get together
HELLO TO EVERYONE, I AM ALSO JUST LIKE MOST OF YOU, A WIFE OF AN INMATE. MY HUSBAND WAS IN GREENHAVEN FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS UNTIL JULY 2009, SO IF YOU ARE A REGULAR M-Z VISITOR AND HAVE BEEN GOING FOR A WHILE YOU WILL KNOW WHO I AM. I AM STARTING A NEW VAN SERVICE TO GREEN HAVEN, FISHKILL AND DOWNSTATE. I PICK UP IN MANHATTAN, BRONX AND WESTCHESTER COUNTY $40 PER PERSON. 914-513-7688 jU-jU
Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju0313 View Post
HELLO TO EVERYONE, I AM ALSO JUST LIKE MOST OF YOU, A WIFE OF AN INMATE. MY HUSBAND WAS IN GREENHAVEN FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS UNTIL JULY 2009, SO IF YOU ARE A REGULAR M-Z VISITOR AND HAVE BEEN GOING FOR A WHILE YOU WILL KNOW WHO I AM. I AM STARTING A NEW VAN SERVICE TO GREEN HAVEN, FISHKILL AND DOWNSTATE. I PICK UP IN MANHATTAN, BRONX AND WESTCHESTER COUNTY $40 PER PERSON. 914-513-7688 jU-jU
Too bad you donlt leave from Long Island to Downstate, I'm looking to go on Saturday!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Jason's Wifey

If anyone goes to Green Haven on wednesdays, please PM and let me know ASAP. I need a ride out there on 7.14 and 7.28 pertaining to my marriage. I usally go on fridays and I know most van services dont go there on wed. Thanks!!

Mr. and Mrs......Officially married on July 28, 2010. Yayyy!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 AM

Congrats mamaz !
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM

hello to all, I'm going to start my route to fishkill again as of the weekend of sept.11, please pm me and I will pm you all the info. Only picking up in the bronx and westchester county.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju0313 View Post
hello to all, I'm going to start my route to fishkill again as of the weekend of sept.11, please pm me and I will pm you all the info. Only picking up in the bronx and westchester county.

Hello

Anyone going to Great Meadow please PM me

Thanks
Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Default i am in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyne View Post
I'm in Schenectady,and I go every two weeks minimum. Usually Thurs., Fri. or alternate A-L weekends. When $ permits, I'll go weekly, so sharing a ride could get " us both" there more often.

Going on Friday...I too live in schenectady...plan on going this sunday too...sound good?

Last edited by posswife; 09-29-2010 at 10:36 PM..
Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 PM
A proud NYS Prison Wife!

I go to Greenhaven every weekend for the A-L visits, if anyone is in the Poughkeepsie area and wants to ride with me for $15 I am available.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 PM

i've been kind of out of touch with pto since i just started a new job but it was great to come back and read a bunch of what you guys had to say. PTO has already helped me out by providing information on Green Haven and letting me know how to get there. My honey just got transferred to Green Haven but he's in keeplock he got a visit on sunday but know i'm a little confused.... does anyone know how visits work for an inmate in this facility under keep lock? i have an idea but i want to make sure!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:08 PM
A proud NYS Prison Wife!

If he is just in keeplock and not in the box he can still have visits everyday it will just be in the old visiting room and he will have to sit close to the CO desk. Now if he is in the box he will only have one visit per week.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:12 AM

Themrs thank you for responding....he's in keeplock under punishment so i was informed his visits are just once a week. But once they throw in the fact that their week is friday-Thursday it throws me off a little
Old 10-08-2010, 02:48 PM
A proud NYS Prison Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigifes View Post
Themrs thank you for responding....he's in keeplock under punishment so i was informed his visits are just once a week. But once they throw in the fact that their week is friday-Thursday it throws me off a little
They do that so that you can't visit on a Friday and then turn around and visit on Sat. or Sun since that is not the next week, but you could visit one Thursday and then Sat. or Sun (whichever is his day) cause that would be considered two different weeks.

He should be considered SHU or BOX time not just general keeplock because regular keeplock visits are the same (everyday).
Old 10-10-2010, 02:13 PM

thank you. Yea i went yesterday and had a wonderful visit thank God. Since i work full time i can only go on weekends so basically it's alternating wkend days depending on his last name. I can't see him as often as i'm used to here but its better than other possibilities so i'm feeling blessed!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:26 PM

Default New to this

Hi everyone I'm new in this site and was wondering if being on probation for unlicensed driving prevents me from visiting Greenhaven facility?

If anyone has any info, please let me know...

So lost...
Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 AM

Default Could defintely use a ride to green haven

I live in Manhattan and try to go up to see my babe as often as possible but paying for the van service definitely is pricey and it adds up. So if anyone is willing to become my buddy for a car pool i'm wlling just PM me
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigifes View Post
I live in Manhattan and try to go up to see my babe as often as possible but paying for the van service definitely is pricey and it adds up. So if anyone is willing to become my buddy for a car pool i'm wlling just PM me
HI I'm new to this site and i'm not too sure what PM means but I too live in Manhattan and my man is or will be transferred to Downstate and am looking for ride or car pool as well however I don't own a car but can gain access to one.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissez View Post
If anyone goes to Green Haven on wednesdays, please PM and let me know ASAP. I need a ride out there on 7.14 and 7.28 pertaining to my marriage. I usally go on fridays and I know most van services dont go there on wed. Thanks!!

Congrats but can you let me know of the van service? My man is being transferred to Downstate and is Green Haven the same? THX
Old 11-03-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Havok View Post
HI I'm new to this site and i'm not too sure what PM means but I too live in Manhattan and my man is or will be transferred to Downstate and am looking for ride or car pool as well however I don't own a car but can gain access to one.

Thanks
PM = private message no worries i was new not too long ago. If your man's going to downstate chances are he won't be there long my man was only there for a couple weeks. I hope they keep him somewhere close for you though! Downtate, fishkill, greenhaven, and a couple more who's names i can't remember are all very close to eachother. If anything just let me know!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Hi im from newark will like to go to green havent do any body knows a bus that will travel from jersey thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM

Hi I live in md and I am trying to get to greenhaven asap. I come to ny on a coach but then I'm kinda lost from there. The vans are $45 & up per person and I need to get my son to see his dad. The $90 is pretty pricey and even if take the metro north, apparently I'd still spend about $50 on a cab to the facility (so I've heard) so if anyone is willing to carpool I have no problem contributing financially. I'd rather give it to someone going on a visit, than to someone financially raping me for an hours drive (especially since it's the sameprice I paid to get to Auburn which was like 6 or 7 hours away.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 AM

Hey I'm from albany and is looking for a van service or to share a ride wit someone to Downstate. Will pay half the expenses or does anyone know how to get there wit public transportation. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:44 PM
THAPRYNZESS

I am intending on going up to GREENHAVEN President's day. Which is Feb. 21st, does anyone know if there is any special visiting schedule because of the holiday. I don't want to drive ALL the way from Brentwood, Long Island, NY. Please let me know!

Thanks!