Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to the Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Alabama.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM

Angry Bibb Correctional Facility - questions about waiting on SRP

I am new to this forum. My ex-husband is in bibb correctional facility. His EOS is 04/09/2009. He signed up for the SRP Program almost 7 weeks ago, and has not heard anything!! Does anybody know what the hold up is? He has had a 7 month clear record. I tried calling the classification officer, and she was rude, she told me that they have hundreds of request that come in day to day, and they ill get to it when they get to it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,529 Times in 1,246 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with this and especially sorry (tho not surprised) to hear about the rude DOC employee.

I don't know what could be holding it up other than ADOC has a long history of taking their own sweet time and dragging their feet about most anything, so for them to be slow on something like this is not very surprising either.

I hope you hear good news soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lysbeth For This Useful Post:
lovebug34 (11-17-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM

It seems we will not hear anything. It has been 7-8 weeks since he applied for the SRP program. He is in bibb correctional facility, and some guy died last night from a fight that occured over a bar of soap. He was stabbed int he back...some of the inmated there have LIFE sentences...because most of the prisions are overcrowded. No one seems to help...
Old 11-13-2008, 08:39 PM
LiL JoNs Mom

Question Lovebug?

A friend is at Bibb and he has not called his wife in over 2 days now. She is very concerned as this is not like him. Do you know if they are in lock down due to this incident? Please let me know something as soon as you hear, or if anyone else knows what is going on there.
Thanks.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 PM

Default Haven't heard about that incident

I talked to my husband last night and tonight. He is in the crime bill dorm though. He didn't mention anyone dying. I will say I have been told that the classification department at Bibb doesn't get in a hurry about anything. I am still waiting to find out if we can get transferred closer to home for our last 6 months because his mother is in no physical condition to continue the 3 1/2 to 4 hour car ride one way every other week for the next 6 months. I have even written ADOC to ask for help. No response yet. I won't give up trying.

It is not about the pain we endure. It is about the power within us to overcome it!
The Following User Says Thank You to frontlinelady For This Useful Post:
lovebug34 (11-17-2008)
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 AM

My Ex advised that the person that was stabbed was sent to the hospital, he is on life support. My Ex is in A dorm I think.They seem to not do nothing at that facility. His EOS is 04/06/2009...but he had a disciplinary 7 months ago, but now he has a clear record and has petioned to get his good time back. cause on the site it still shows 09/28/2009 release date. Hopefully that will be changed soon, and if he does not get released by the SRP program, then he will EOS in 4 months! It seems like that is forever!
The Following User Says Thank You to lovebug34 For This Useful Post:
frontlinelady (12-24-2008)
Old 12-01-2008, 03:33 AM

I talked to someone (inmate) at Bibb in D dorm. They told me the inmate died. The person who did this was placed in the wrong facility by ADOC. He was serving 2 life sentenances. If you go to the ADOC website and click on statistics, you can see what has happened in each facility for that month..they just put up oct.08. its a lil slow but you can get an idea of whats going on in each facility I've just started watching the postings and noticed they post oct. 08 the very end of Nov.08 so they will probably post Nov.08 the end of Dec.08
One thing I do wonder is if the family of the victim knows that the person that took the life of their loved one was serving 2 life sentenances and was in the wrong facility.
The Following User Says Thank You to Intruder For This Useful Post:
frontlinelady (12-24-2008)