Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:19 PM

Default phone calls from chino, and forwarding calls to cell-home phone blocked-for collect

how often are they allowed to use phones at chino, he is in minimum main line...

so receiving a call on your cell through call forwarding, is important for convience, however, if i understand correctly the collect call will be charged to your home phone for accepting the call and however long you talk....

also i have a block on my phone for collect calls so even if i put my home phone on call forwarding, if he trys to place a collect call to my home phone--will still send him the msg that it is blocked or will by forwarding to my cell get around the block....

one last question, my boyfriend is at chino, does anyone know a cheap inmate phone service that can be used at chino..

thanks for the input....i am so glad i found this board....these are not questions the average person knows how to answer...=)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2003, 09:52 PM

My fiancee is in Donovan and I use Inmate calling solutions I have a virtual service line through SBC and the calls are forwarded to my cell. It cost about $3.75 per 15 minute call and it is prepay service so you know how many times he can call. Good luck. I love inmate calling solutions.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:51 AM

thank you for the help!! so if i use sbc it will go directly to my cell, and thus even if there is a collect call block on my home phone..i still can recieve the collect calls through sbc and inmate calling solutions...

hope you and your fiance are doing well!
Old 12-14-2003, 12:45 PM

I have Verizon for my home phone and AT&T for my cell phone. If I forward my phone to the cell I can accept the collect calls. My home phone is billed for the collect call and I use up minutes on the cell phone. If there is a collect call block on your home phone than the calls won't forward to the cell. Sorry........
Old 12-15-2003, 01:45 AM

but, what if i get one of those inmate phone services, like the person who posted before yours, said she uses imate solutions....then my home phone wouldn't be involved, i would have inmate solutions forward to my cell or is that not possible....on mon during buisness hours maybe i can sort this all out, with one of the inmate type phone providers...

thanks for your help!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:08 PM

You have to call inmate calling solutions first and set up an account. then they will give you a number that only your boyfriend will be able to use then you tell them that you want the calls fowarded to your cell phone number and the rest is history. I love it because the $$ is put to my account and then subtracted after each call. Call the guy his name is Dwayne and the number is 1866-563-0008. Pm me if you still have questions.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:53 AM

oh, my gosh, how cool!!

thank you, he will be even more appreciative for your help..

best to you and yours-
francis
Old 02-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Lovin Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yattaboo
My fiancee is in Donovan and I use Inmate calling solutions I have a virtual service line through SBC and the calls are forwarded to my cell. It cost about $3.75 per 15 minute call and it is prepay service so you know how many times he can call. Good luck. I love inmate calling solutions.
thats's crazy $3.75 per 15 min??? wow, you guys are getting rippped off bad in cali!!! it's only $155 per 15min here in mn!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Closed

iduring the summer when i am out with the kids i foward the calls to my cell, and it does work....but like every one else says if u have a block for collect calls it wont work, even if he has a pphone card i dont think it will work ..but i dont know if you have calling cards where he is at...my husband is in mahanoy in pennsylvania and sometimes when money is tight my husband buys a calling card with the money he gets from working and he calls me...so then i dont see it on my phone bill which really helps sometimes.....
Old 02-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Closed

In california, dont mention your on a cell when your loved one calls, 3rd party calling is not allowed. check it out on title 15.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Register
Donation Award 

Check out Richard at Tel-net he can get around the block on your home phone. He is wonderful and many of us here at PTO use his service.
When you call him just tell him you are from PTO 1-888-925-1400

I use to pay 18.45 for a 15 min phone call from NC to Washington State, with richard that same phone call is 4.67

softie