Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM

Default HELP! Ankle bracelet..will job know?

I will be going on house arrest soon. I have a full time professional job and upon reading some of these threads it looks like sometimes your employer has to be told that you are on the ankle bracelet...is that true in CA???? I can't afford to lose my job over this.
I also ihave two roommates, one who works for the prison system...do I have to tell them?
My fiance is the only person around that even knows this is going on. My direct family knows, but they are across the country. We also have two roommates living with us right now---will they have to find out? How involved in your day to day life are these counselors or whatever the person in charge of you is?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am extremely scared and need someone to give me some advice and guidance.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2008, 05:45 AM

There is a good chance that you will have to let your employer know....but I do have one friend that was on it for a year and her employer never found out...you will have to have verification of the hours you are at work...you will have to tell your roomates, I don't think there is going to be anyway around it....because of the phone situation...

Last edited by melisa_559; 11-26-2008 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 11-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Mrs.Trent714

Hi Smarier,

I am currently on house arrest and everytime I go to work I have to get a form signed by my boss verifying that I was there. I also have to print out my time card and have my boss sign that as well. The program is really up in your business. I work for a bank and they were pretty cooll with it. My boss is even married to a cop and she can't believe all of the stuff they have been putting me through.

I wish you best of luck and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I am on house arrest and all I have is time...lol. :-)

He's my drug and I'm addicted!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 PM

hello my boyfriend was on house arrest, and like mentioned before it would be hard for your roomates not to know. They give you a box that is connected to your phone line so it knows when u leave and return to your house. As for your job it depends on your profession. If it is job where you have set hours maybe you can get away with it, but if your schedule is flexable then you need to inform them because you will have a set cerfiew. Hope this helped =)

Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,469 Posts

It would be difficult to hide the monitoring equipemt from roomates unless there's little contact and you have your own hard-line phone.

If teh monitor program is run by a local probation dept. then your employer will almost certainly be contacted to make sure you really work there. The PO wants to be able to call to confirm you made it to work.
If it is a private company that monitors the program, sometimes they aren't as diligent.
In short, you'd be very fortunate if your employer was unaware of the monitor; and you'd need luck, laziness, or lack of diligence to be working for you.