Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM

Unhappy Need help.....special condition of parole

MY HUBBY WAS GIVEN A SPECIAL CONDITION OF PAROLE THAT HE CAN NOT BE AROUND ME DUE TO A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE THAT HE WAS NEVER CONVICTED OF...MIND YOU IT WAS THE 1ST TIME EVEN BEING ACCUSED OF IT. I HAVE WRITTEN LETTERS AND GIVEN THEM TO THE PAROLE OFFICER ALONG WITH 5 LETTERS FROM MY FAMILY REQUESTING THAT HE BE ALLOWED TO RETURN HOME WITH US AND THAT THE SPECIAL CONDITION BE DROPPED.... HE SAID HE WILL THINK ABOUT IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I DON'T WANT TO BREAK OUR KIDS HEARTS AND TELL THEM THAT DADDY CANT COME HOME..... WHAT ELSE IF ANYTHING CAN I DO TO BRING HIM HOME????? I FEEL LIKE I'M LOSING MY FAMILY AND I'M FIGHTING SO HARD BUT WHAT CAN I DO????
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Thanked 1,700 Times in 850 Posts

Yeah, this seems to happen more and more often. It doesn't even matter whether or not he was convicted of domestic violence or not. Just the hint is enough to send up red flags.

I doubt that the individual PO has the authority to change the conditions of release. that may have to come from a supervisor or even the board itself. Paroles board have extremely wide leeway in terms of conditions that can be imposed. Parole is considered an extension of your sentence, so they can more or less do whatever.

Of course, if he doesn't want to play by those rules, he can do what I did and just go discharge the sentence.