Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Valley State Prison (VSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Valley State Prison (VSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Valley State Prison (VSP), located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default VSP Phone Q & A

Anything regarding phones & calls should go here..

**Please do not post things like :"I didn't get a call today, I'm so sad"..this should go in our monthly chat thread

Questions about how to receive calls, how to set up your phone etc should go here!

Effective November 26, 2012 GTL is changing its billing system from Direct Billed to AdvancePay Accounts.

Click on the PDF below to learn the steps you need to take.

English

Spanish

Offender Connect Brochure Friend-Family revised
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 12:35 AM

Default phone call appointments

Is anyone else having difficulty with the phone appointments that our men have to set up? It is never a fifteen minute phone call, if my Honey is signed up for on the hour till fifteen past he has to hang up before the fifteen minutes are up , so the next guy could go on because that guy is signed up for the fifteen past the hour ect. If they dont release them out to the day room on time and he signed up for the time it is too bad, if he is at school or visiting or at an appointment he misses the time for sign ups, and more than half the time I dont even know when his phone call appointments are. I dont want to just vent I want to know who I can take this up with.

Last edited by Joy Juego; 03-17-2013 at 12:40 AM..
Old 03-17-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Juego View Post
Is anyone else having difficulty with the phone appointments that our men have to set up? It is never a fifteen minute phone call, if my Honey is signed up for on the hour till fifteen past he has to hang up before the fifteen minutes are up , so the next guy could go on because that guy is signed up for the fifteen past the hour ect. If they dont release them out to the day room on time and he signed up for the time it is too bad, if he is at school or visiting or at an appointment he misses the time for sign ups, and more than half the time I dont even know when his phone call appointments are. I dont want to just vent I want to know who I can take this up with.
This is on the IFC agenda because we have received numerous complaints. You seem to hit all the problems!! Please let me know what yard your Loved One is on. We are trying to find out how widespread the problem is. If others are having the same problems, please let an IFC member know or send an email through the website at www.vsp-ifc.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brigitte For This Useful Post:
Joy Juego (03-18-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
This is on the IFC agenda because we have received numerous complaints. You seem to hit all the problems!! Please let me know what yard your Loved One is on. We are trying to find out how widespread the problem is. If others are having the same problems, please let an IFC member know or send an email through the website at www.vsp-ifc.com.
He recently moved from c to D yard and it is still the same. I cant figure out when he is going to call.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 AM

My husband s n B yard n we have the same problem !!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:41 PM

My husband is on C yard also and this is a huge problem. He wasn't able to call me at all today. I am sure due to this phone sign up mess.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlainnocence View Post
My husband is on C yard also and this is a huge problem. He wasn't able to call me at all today. I am sure due to this phone sign up mess.
I haven't noticed any sign up mess or break in his calls. Mine is also on c yard and tends to call anywhere from 4 to 10 times a day. He has the normal times he calls usually around 3 and then again after 7. On the weekends he always calls more than that though. I know he has complained a few times that he only gets like 1 or two calls a day but normally during certain times he seems to be able to call alot. No matter what prison he has been in, he really hasn't ever had a problem with calls.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 PM

Unfortunately it depends on who is on duty. Some of the CO's go strictly by the phone list. They do get to sign up for 2 calls a day but if someone easygoing is in the booth they are able jump on the phone if they are open.
The Following User Says Thank You to CloaknDagger For This Useful Post:
mrsbaldizan (08-19-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 10:29 PM

Default strange phone call?

Well, wait and wait for that special phone call from our loved one, as all of us do. But Just a quick reminder to listen to who is calling before accepting the call. My daughter in law always rushes to the phone and Tuesday she picked it up and it was either a prank call or who knows what??!! From global tel deducted from her account. Jerry is in Valley, but she thought the recording said North Facility??!! Anyway this caller called 2 times, then at 1:30 in the morning using a inmate line, with a recording?! The call was referring to someone needing help and that it was her son. It upset her for 2 days! Then Jerry called. He said everything was fine and didn't know what it could have been. Just wanted to put this out to everyone.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 AM

Is anybody else having problems with the phone today? This morning while I was talking to my husband the line went silent. The call didn't disconnect until I hung up, and he still hasn't called back. Does anybody know anything???
Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 PM

The phones are working again, for some reason they shut off. But now it seems like the phones are extra sensitive or something. One of the things that my husband and I enjoy doing is listening to music while we're talking, and today while we were listening to a song, "3 way detected" alert came on. Was very frustrating.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:27 PM

Has everyone been receiving calls from C-yard? Specifically C3?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloaknDagger View Post
Has everyone been receiving calls from C-yard? Specifically C3?
I spoke with my LO and he is on C3.

Last edited by ms.garcia.; 10-08-2013 at 10:09 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 03:36 PM

Default Concerned and worried - he hasn't called

My boyfriend is in a California prison in chowchilla California. For the past 6 months we have talked everyday, 2-3 times a day never missing a day. All of a sudden I haven't heard from him in a week. I'm scared something is wrong. How do I find out? Other than writing and waiting weeks.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:50 PM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,580 Times in 1,814 Posts

Call the unit. They probably wont tell you how he is, but ask if there is a lockdown or if the phones are working.

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

Old 12-21-2013, 03:58 PM

You must be worried sick... I'm very sorry to hear that. Have you checked the PTO forum dedicated to the prison system in California (I'm assuming that your boyfriend is in state prison)? It can be due to a lockdown or other unforeseen reasons. Also, do you know how to get in touch with his family? They might know. I usually don't encourage anyone to call the facility because I've personally never been able to get the staff to tell me anything. It seems that there're certain ways of asking a question, but I haven't mastered that skill yet, lol. I might give them a call, if I were you. I hope that everything is okay with your boyfriend...
Old 12-21-2013, 03:59 PM
He's home!!!!

Maybe his phone account has no money on it.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:07 PM

Phone account has money, yes he is in a state prison, I have talked to several of his family members and they haven't heard from him either. It's frustrating cause I'm so used to talking to him everyday. He's at valley state in chowchilla ca. I don't believe it's on lockdown....going bananas
Old 12-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,229 Times in 4,669 Posts

Hi , I know its hard not hearing from a loved one, I feel for you. Is it possible he could be in the hole, bearing in mind they don't necessarily have to have done anything wrong to be in there? Maybe the phones aren't working and at this time of year the mail can be very slow . Stay strong I am sure he will be in contact soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
jessicaswing (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 06:28 PM

I hope he's not in thre hole :-(
Old 12-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Account Closed

You can call the prison records on Monday and ask for his current housing, if it's different then what it was I would ask the person you're talking to if that is their Ad-Seg unit. That could answer any lingering questions as to why you haven't heard from him. If he's in Ad-seg he isn't allowed phone calls and when they get sent to the hole they take all of their property. I don't know how long it takes before they're given their stuff but I know they aren't allowed to have a whole lot. So if he's in Ad-Seg he may or may not have writing supplies in which case send him some just in case.

Just a thought and hope you either hear from him soon or you find out what's going on. Best of luck.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:42 AM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamor View Post
You can call the prison records on Monday and ask for his current housing, if it's different then what it was I would ask the person you're talking to if that is their Ad-Seg unit. That could answer any lingering questions as to why you haven't heard from him. If he's in Ad-seg he isn't allowed phone calls and when they get sent to the hole they take all of their property. I don't know how long it takes before they're given their stuff but I know they aren't allowed to have a whole lot. So if he's in Ad-Seg he may or may not have writing supplies in which case send him some just in case.

Just a thought and hope you either hear from him soon or you find out what's going on. Best of luck.
When they are in the whole and if they are indigent they have to give them some postage and materials to write. I forget how much postage but a leas enough for a couple letters a week.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:00 AM

lots of lockdowns during the holidays , due to whatever short of staff , stuff happens stay strong
Old 12-22-2013, 11:47 AM

Thanks so far I have found out they are on lockdown thank you
Old 12-28-2013, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the posts. I hadn't received calls in few weeks too. Now I know there is some sort of lock down. Someone please post when they get a call. Thanx happy holidays to All