Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
pj663's Avatar
pj663 pj663 is offline
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: I.E. Cali
Posts: 6,726
Thanks: 3,696
Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility Visitation - Mississippi 2014

If it's about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here. This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY

Visiting Thread 2006-2012
__________________
[B][COLOR=pink][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by pj663; 01-02-2013 at 07:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Biznessgal2's Avatar
Biznessgal2 Biznessgal2 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 600
Thanks: 959
Thanked 564 Times in 282 Posts
Thumbs up Info to share

Hello TCCF friends,

Just want to pass along some lodging info in case anyone interested.

I fly in on Thursday and fly out on Monday, from Memphis airport. I can recommend staying in Tunica at Bally's Hotel 1-800-382-2559. This is a small simple motel about 1/8 mile from the Bally's casino in Tunica, owned by them but not attached. There is a shuttle running back and forth between the little hotel and the casino continually. It is very simple and not fancy. The best part is that Sunday through Thursday it is only $19.99 per night! I have stayed there several times now travelling alone and can share that it is safe, clean, and friendly. There is a frig, no micro. I stay there my first night in and my last night out.

Also, this time I was finally able to get into Comfort Inn in Clarksdale which has been full when I tried before. This was an excellent hotel, but like all lodgings which are decent in Clarksdale, steep for me at 99.95 per night.

But, I stayed two nights, Thursday and Sunday, at 19.99 and two nights,Friday and Saturday, at 99.99 and it averaged out a whole lot better.

One more thing. If you stay in the Bally's, be sure and go next door and register for one of their player cards in the casino. They will send you marketing material in the mail and I got a wonderful free buffet dinner both nights this stay.
__________________





Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020

Last edited by Biznessgal2; 02-05-2013 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Biznessgal2's Avatar
Biznessgal2 Biznessgal2 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 600
Thanks: 959
Thanked 564 Times in 282 Posts
Angry visiting room irritation..hand holding of all things

Ladies,

Just a note that this weekend they were up in arms about HAND HOLDING! We were told by visiting room staff we could not hold hands at all. We all raised an uproar, we were all obviously upset, and this brought in a senior officer who said of course we can hold hands!!! They tried it again next day with same result. Remember to stand up for your rights, we certainly can hold hands and they know this.
__________________





Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
Malo's Babee (04-09-2013), PrincessSinohui (02-06-2013)
  #4  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 PM
HlovesG HlovesG is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Downey
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Can you give me some info on what to wear and what not to wear? Can we wear jeans?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HlovesG For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (02-06-2013)
  #5  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Biznessgal2's Avatar
Biznessgal2 Biznessgal2 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 600
Thanks: 959
Thanked 564 Times in 282 Posts
Default clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlovesG View Post
Can you give me some info on what to wear and what not to wear? Can we wear jeans?
When you make your appointment Miss Cruz will give you more info than you will ever need or want on clothing haha. Basically, no blue or khaki period. So you could wear black jeans but for sure NOT blue jeans. No underwires, shoes no higher than 2 1/2 inches, no jewelry of any kind except wedding rings (yep no earrings), not much more.
__________________





Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
dachosen1 (03-31-2013), PrincessSinohui (02-06-2013), SmashleyAnn (02-20-2014)
  #6  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM
PrincessSinohui's Avatar
PrincessSinohui PrincessSinohui is offline
TriCky'sWif33
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anaheim, Califas...
Posts: 693
Thanks: 836
Thanked 145 Times in 114 Posts
Default

kewl..skinny black jeans & small heels..& wow that really sucks no hoop earings then? just my wedding ring...how does it work for pictures...are we allowed to get them do they even have them in visiting room?
__________________
*P@ti3ntly In LuV*
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Biznessgal2's Avatar
Biznessgal2 Biznessgal2 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 600
Thanks: 959
Thanked 564 Times in 282 Posts
Default pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSinohui View Post
kewl..skinny black jeans & small heels..& wow that really sucks no hoop earings then? just my wedding ring...how does it work for pictures...are we allowed to get them do they even have them in visiting room?
Yes we can have pictures. Your guy has to buy them off his books in advance. Forget the cost but it isn't much. Then you have to remind the visiting staff and wait until whenever the picture dude shows up. He's an inmate and he is nice. You get them right then and can take them home with you.
__________________





Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:37 PM
debkeo40's Avatar
debkeo40 debkeo40 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

[quote=Biznessgal2;7066574]Hello TCCF friends,

Just want to pass along some lodging info in case anyone interested.

Hi there, My name is Debbie

I hate to bother you but I was wondering how to go about going to Tallahatchie prison. I am flying there from Los Angeles to Memphis, TN but I do not have a drivers license so how do I get from Memphis, TN to clarksdale, MS. I know its like 1 hour and 20 minutes, is their a bus? I am getting married for the very first time and it will be my first time visiting my hubby over there. Its been about 5 years I haven't seen his face and we want to marry. I guess I need to get a cab and drive back and forth the court right to register for my marriage license? Please help, leaving next month on the 25th of april.

Scared to go but I love my husband
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Biznessgal2's Avatar
Biznessgal2 Biznessgal2 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 600
Thanks: 959
Thanked 564 Times in 282 Posts
Question well...

I hardly know how to reply, there is a lot to tell you.

No there is no bus from Memphis to Tutwiler. Two states, long drive.

Have you made marriage arrangements with the prison? They control ALL of this process and you need to have arranged it all either with them or planned to have a proxy marriage without your husband.

What are your plans?
__________________





Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
M.NAVA (01-16-2014)
  #10  
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Vago's gal Vago's gal is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

[quote=debkeo40;7106601]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
Hello TCCF friends,

Just want to pass along some lodging info in case anyone interested.

Hi there, My name is Debbie

I hate to bother you but I was wondering how to go about going to Tallahatchie prison. I am flying there from Los Angeles to Memphis, TN but I do not have a drivers license so how do I get from Memphis, TN to clarksdale, MS. I know its like 1 hour and 20 minutes, is their a bus? I am getting married for the very first time and it will be my first time visiting my hubby over there. Its been about 5 years I haven't seen his face and we want to marry. I guess I need to get a cab and drive back and forth the court right to register for my marriage license? Please help, leaving next month on the 25th of april.

Scared to go but I love my husband
Hi I wanted to let you know that there is a bus that comes from Memphis to Tutwiler. The bus station is across from the Memphis airport - Grayhound and it stops in Clarksdale town close to Tutwiler. It is a taxi ride of 15 minutes to Tutwiler.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vago's gal For This Useful Post:
CROW&VERO (04-01-2013)
  #11  
Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 AM
debkeo40's Avatar
debkeo40 debkeo40 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
I hardly know how to reply, there is a lot to tell you.

No there is no bus from Memphis to Tutwiler. Two states, long drive.

Have you made marriage arrangements with the prison? They control ALL of this process and you need to have arranged it all either with them or planned to have a proxy marriage without your husband.

What are your plans?
I am planning to go see him on the 26th of this month April...I am so excited I have not seen him for almost 6 years ever since he got transferd out their from cali...I am kind of scared to go by myself but I am willing to because to see him...we might get married but not sure...Just as long I get to see him. So hopefully my trip goes well...I was wondering if Clarksdale is safe for me to stay in? My honey does not want me to take the taxi, so is there a place where I can rent a car? I am taking the plan from L.A to Memphis on a Thursday so I can be rested to see him on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and heading back home on sunday evening....

Scared individual....Debbie
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Biznessgal2's Avatar
Biznessgal2 Biznessgal2 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 600
Thanks: 959
Thanked 564 Times in 282 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeo40 View Post
I am planning to go see him on the 26th of this month April...I am so excited I have not seen him for almost 6 years ever since he got transferd out their from cali...I am kind of scared to go by myself but I am willing to because to see him...we might get married but not sure...Just as long I get to see him. So hopefully my trip goes well...I was wondering if Clarksdale is safe for me to stay in? My honey does not want me to take the taxi, so is there a place where I can rent a car? I am taking the plan from L.A to Memphis on a Thursday so I can be rested to see him on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and heading back home on sunday evening....

Scared individual....Debbie
Clarksdale is safe. If you have racial concerns, the town is majority African American. The people are nice and have all been wonderful to me in Clarksdale. It gets a lot of tourists since it is on the Blues Trail and has a lot of historic blues music places. The motels are expensive and book up early though. I like the comfort inn myself, the other ladies here have different faves. I always rent my car at the Memphis airport so I do not know about renting a car in Clarksdale itself. Remember, no jewelry including earrings, no underwires, closed shoes not higher than 2 inches. No blue, no khaki. Bring quarters only $30 per day. Clear plastic baggie or small purse only. You will have fun I'm sure. Good luck!
__________________





Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-14-2013, 01:45 PM
debkeo40's Avatar
debkeo40 debkeo40 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

[quote=Vago's gal;7109401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeo40 View Post

Hi I wanted to let you know that there is a bus that comes from Memphis to Tutwiler. The bus station is across from the Memphis airport - Grayhound and it stops in Clarksdale town close to Tutwiler. It is a taxi ride of 15 minutes to Tutwiler.
Hi, Thanks for the information. I would like to know if taking the taxi is safe over there and which one is good for me to take? I am leaving on next week on thursday the 25th from L.A to memphis and taking the delta bus lines from there to clarksdale, ms...And do you know how much would it cost from clarksdale to the prison? Thanks a whole lot
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
CROW&VERO CROW&VERO is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SANTA ANA TO SAN ANTONIO
Posts: 84
Thanks: 45
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

[quote=debkeo40;7119713]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vago's gal View Post

Hi, Thanks for the information. I would like to know if taking the taxi is safe over there and which one is good for me to take? I am leaving on next week on thursday the 25th from L.A to memphis and taking the delta bus lines from there to clarksdale, ms...And do you know how much would it cost from clarksdale to the prison? Thanks a whole lot
Hello girl just wanted to let you know that there's only one cab that you can call in clarksdale he's an older man that I can personally say he's a safe person to ride with.. let me know if you need more info (:
__________________
always and for ever...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 AM
debkeo40's Avatar
debkeo40 debkeo40 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

[quote=CROW&VERO;7120045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeo40 View Post

Hello girl just wanted to let you know that there's only one cab that you can call in clarksdale he's an older man that I can personally say he's a safe person to ride with.. let me know if you need more info (:
Thanks girl! Do you know the number for him? I want it on hand so I don't need to look for it later....So you rode the taxi there in Clarksdale, How much was it from Clarksdale to Tallahatchie county prison in Tutwiler? I want to make sure all my expenses is good and also, Is their a place where we can put our purse in the prison? or we have to leave it in the hotel? Is their lockers?

Thanks girl, much needed info

First timer going to Mississippi
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 PM
CROW&VERO CROW&VERO is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SANTA ANA TO SAN ANTONIO
Posts: 84
Thanks: 45
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

[quote=debkeo40;7120288]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROW&VERO View Post

Thanks girl! Do you know the number for him? I want it on hand so I don't need to look for it later....So you rode the taxi there in Clarksdale, How much was it from Clarksdale to Tallahatchie county prison in Tutwiler? I want to make sure all my expenses is good and also, Is their a place where we can put our purse in the prison? or we have to leave it in the hotel? Is their lockers?

Thanks girl, much needed info

First timer going to Mississippi
Your welcome and yes I do here it is (Jolly cab 662-624-9256) he charges 50$ to take you to the prison and pick you up.. no there's NO lockers for you to leave your purse so just take your key and 30$ in quarters.. ohh and call him 2 days before you get there OK
__________________
always and for ever...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-17-2013, 05:44 PM
EugeneOnlyWoman EugeneOnlyWoman is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lightbulb Tallachatchie and North Fork @ $125

[quote=CROW&VERO;7120658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeo40 View Post

Your welcome and yes I do here it is (Jolly cab 662-624-9256) he charges 50$ to take you to the prison and pick you up.. no there's NO lockers for you to leave your purse so just take your key and 30$ in quarters.. ohh and call him 2 days before you get there OK
that lady scrape kay carpool sent me a email with Tallahatchie and North Fork, you could've added $75 more dollars, which would've included your entire trip from California, to and from the prison, take you to get food after the visit, plus your room and board. And they have sign ups for free visits free even out that way. I'm signing up for all they stuff, hopefully it helps someone, kuz I know they honestly helped me. We're able to talk more on the phone since this savings, visit more and it's been really improving our relationship. Big thank you to this company, real talk.

__________________
Loving him always.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EugeneOnlyWoman For This Useful Post:
B's Lady (05-08-2013)
  #18  
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM
short_stuff91's Avatar
short_stuff91 short_stuff91 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi i was thinking about heading over in September or October with my son but he will be just under 24 months.... is it a good idea to bring him? i mean will he get bored? Can my boyfriend hold him and play with him? Ive only seen him once with my daughter but it was in California and through glass we could not touch him... any advice would be much appreciated thank you
__________________
WE FOUND LOVE IN A HOPLESS PLACE
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Biznessgal2's Avatar
Biznessgal2 Biznessgal2 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 600
Thanks: 959
Thanked 564 Times in 282 Posts
Default Probably bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_stuff91 View Post
Hi i was thinking about heading over in September or October with my son but he will be just under 24 months.... is it a good idea to bring him? i mean will he get bored? Can my boyfriend hold him and play with him? Ive only seen him once with my daughter but it was in California and through glass we could not touch him... any advice would be much appreciated thank you
Well, I have seen some children visiting when I have gone. There are a few beat up games in boxes, nothing else. Depending upon which officer is on duty, some have allowed dads to hold and play with their children and I have seen other officers enforce a no hold no play policy all throughout the visit. I cannot be too positive, because there really is nothing for children to do there. Sorry
__________________





Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-08-2013, 04:53 AM
B's Lady's Avatar
B's Lady B's Lady is offline
Never Giving Up On You
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 80
Thanks: 65
Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
Default

My recommendation will be to NOT take Ur baby. Visit is from 8:30a-4p. It's a long day & kids get bored easily. There is hardly anything for entertainment there. I say you go see everything yourself first then make the decision on taking Ur baby the next time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_stuff91 View Post
Hi i was thinking about heading over in September or October with my son but he will be just under 24 months.... is it a good idea to bring him? i mean will he get bored? Can my boyfriend hold him and play with him? Ive only seen him once with my daughter but it was in California and through glass we could not touch him... any advice would be much appreciated thank you
__________________


Many Have Promised Me The World...But Only He Has Been Able To Give It To Me
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Malo's Babee's Avatar
Malo's Babee Malo's Babee is offline
♥ Solid Love Affair ♥
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 26
Thanks: 38
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have some questions about visiting over here in Mississippi.. How do you go about making an appointment? I am planning on going in September to marry my man.. How are they on dresses over there. We were supposed to be married in California but they moved him out from under us and I already have my dress. It's below my knee it is 4 inches wide at the shoulders it is Taupe (a shade of brown) and I am worried about them confusing it with Khaki.. can you wear open toed shoes? Do you need a visiting appointment on your wedding day (some California prisons don't require a appt. on wedding days)?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 PM
dachosen1's Avatar
dachosen1 dachosen1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 64
Thanks: 3
Thanked 35 Times in 21 Posts
Wink Visiting in June

Hello Ladies,

I was wandering if anyone is going to visit in June. I am making arrangements and will be going down within the next 2 weeks or so.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-11-2013, 12:41 PM
vjquiroz's Avatar
vjquiroz vjquiroz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Cali
Posts: 78
Thanks: 26
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Hey ladies i have a question? Have any of u ladies been having any problems making appointments lately? All I've been getting is sorry we're booked, we're over booked & sorry we're full. It's been so frustrating!!
__________________
my luv bug
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
lxreyes's Avatar
lxreyes lxreyes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ca
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjquiroz
Hey ladies i have a question? Have any of u ladies been having any problems making appointments lately? All I've been getting is sorry we're booked, we're over booked & sorry we're full. It's been so frustrating!!
I booked my appointment like 3 weeks ago and they were booked til end of July so I made it for then
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-25-2013, 11:41 PM
vjquiroz's Avatar
vjquiroz vjquiroz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Cali
Posts: 78
Thanks: 26
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxreyes View Post
I booked my appointment like 3 weeks ago and they were booked til end of July so I made it for then
I was kinda stocked by it but i was lucky enough to have gotten an appointment for the weekend that just past due to someone canceling I just got back yesterday and it was nice to see alot more people visiting now a days
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
boyfriend in prison, visit approvals, visit problems

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics