Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Nevada that do not fit into any other Nevada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:03 PM

Unhappy Son assaulted by correction officers

Hi! My son was recently attacked, maced and cuffed by 5 correction officers. After being cuffed and maced he was repeatedly beaten by 5 correction officers. Now is in solitary confinement and has not received any medical attention. I have called the prison and played the transfer game. No answers or help. My son was sentenced as an adult just after his sixteenth birthday. He will be 20 this month. I live in Arizona now and am unable to visit with him. After 4 years and two parole denials I am broken. There have been many incidents and illegal actions since he has been incarcerated. My son has asked me to leave things alone for years, but now they have gone too far and he is begging for help. All he wants is to do his time and come home. HDSP has to be one of the worst prisons I have seen. If anyone has any info that may help to get him help or get answers I would truly appreciate it. We are so lost as to what to do at this point.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2018, 03:06 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,517 Times in 12,966 Posts

I answered your other question too. If your Son says don't do anything, it's likely because he fears another beating by the same thugs if anyone does complain. My advice is to trust your Son's judgement about his situation.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:11 PM

I understand that. He no longer wants to remain quiet. He wants to fight back. He wants them to be brought to light and everyone to know what really goes on behind those fences.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:48 PM

Thanked 4,050 Times in 1,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkulka7 View Post
Hi! My son was recently attacked, maced and cuffed by 5 correction officers. After being cuffed and maced he was repeatedly beaten by 5 correction officers. Now is in solitary confinement and has not received any medical attention. I have called the prison and played the transfer game. No answers or help. My son was sentenced as an adult just after his sixteenth birthday. He will be 20 this month. I live in Arizona now and am unable to visit with him. After 4 years and two parole denials I am broken. There have been many incidents and illegal actions since he has been incarcerated. My son has asked me to leave things alone for years, but now they have gone too far and he is begging for help. All he wants is to do his time and come home. HDSP has to be one of the worst prisons I have seen. If anyone has any info that may help to get him help or get answers I would truly appreciate it. We are so lost as to what to do at this point.
I read your post on the parent's forum, but it has been moved here. HDSP is located in Susanville, CA and not in Nevada. I don't know if that makes a difference, but you might try posting on the HDSP forum here in CA and see if you get any responses.

With that being said, I am very sorry to hear about your son's situation. I don't have any advice on how to get some answers, but I hope you are able to get the help you all need. Wishing you the best of luck.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:27 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
HDSP is located in Susanville, CA and not in Nevada. I don't know if that makes a difference, but you might try posting on the HDSP forum here in CA and see if you get any responses.
There is a prison by the same name in Clark County, Nevada as well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (03-28-2018), tglsmom (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 03:33 AM

Thanked 1,019 Times in 571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
I read your post on the parent's forum, but it has been moved here. HDSP is located in Susanville, CA and not in Nevada. I don't know if that makes a difference, but you might try posting on the HDSP forum here in CA and see if you get any responses.

With that being said, I am very sorry to hear about your son's situation. I don't have any advice on how to get some answers, but I hope you are able to get the help you all need. Wishing you the best of luck.
There are 2 HDSPs and this one is near Las Vegas NV
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
tglsmom (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 03:43 AM

Thanked 1,019 Times in 571 Posts

High Desert is a horrible prison, my husband is there and thank god he hasn't had any trouble. You could try calling the Warden Williams office where you can talk to a lady called Lorraine who might be able to suggest what to do. You could also try writing or calling James Dzerunda who is the NDOC Director - 702 486 9906. You could also call Family Services 775 887 3367. I hope you can get the help/advice that you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (03-28-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 10:58 AM

Thanked 4,050 Times in 1,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
There is a prison by the same name in Clark County, Nevada as well
I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction!
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (03-28-2018)