Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:24 PM

Question Brother in the hole at ERDCC because a C.O. claimed to know him...

I found out a week ago that my brother was put in the hole because a CO claimed they knew him, and it was for his own safety. I am new to all this and am wondering if he can still receive letters, visits, anything?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisonsis View Post
I found out a week ago that my brother was put in the hole because a CO claimed they knew him, and it was for his own safety. I am new to all this and am wondering if he can still receive letters, visits, anything?
The same thing happened to my son at Crossroads before the riot, IT SUCKS and is so unfair. All facilities are different It's best to call. My son was allowed no contact visits and mail. No phone calls. I was so happy when they relocated him. They will probably relocate your brother too. The bad part was they moved my son 5 hours away, so visiting is VERY hard now.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:17 PM

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisonsis View Post
Yes. when my S/O was in ERDCC he was in the hole because his aunt's ex-husband was a guard and said he knew him. He can receive your letters, in fact I would encourage you to write him as much as possible because that's literally all they have in there to stay sane.
He should get one phone call every 30 days as well. I think visiting privileges are either restricted or non-contact if at all.

Not to say this will happen to you, but by the time I found out about this, he was there for 60 days. I had to contact is caseworker to see why he was being held for so long to finally get him out of there. (If I have the full story, of course.)

Hopefully it is not as long for your brother. Just write, send pictures, (pictures must be sent separately from letters though and 10 is the max per envelope.) keep his & your spirits up!