Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > ELMIRA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ELMIRA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons located in the ELMIRA HUB - Butler, Auburn, Five Points, Cayuga, Willard, Monterey, Elmira, Southport.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:56 PM

Default Any information about Willard?

Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I was just wondering if anybody had some general information about Willard. I know the basics, as my boyfriend has wrote to me explaining the jist of it all. I am just wondering about the finer details. Am I able to pick him up after the 97 days or does a bus take him somewhere? Do you have to be over 18 to visit an inmate without a parent/guardian? Any other information about the facility would also be greatly appreciated..thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2015, 08:06 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

You have to be over 18 to visit without a parent. You can't visit every week at Willard. It is not guaranteed you will be released after 97 days. A lot of people don't complete the program or must start over, so you have to graduate first before being considered for release. Some complete the program and go back to prison, but most get released after they finish the program.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 AM

Thank you! I didn't know about having to graduate..I figured after the 97 days they were released. Now that I have read up a little more it makes sense now! But putting aside the time..how does release work? I am still quite confused on that aspect. Also, does anyone know if the inmates area allowed to receive photos? I have read on certain websites that anyone in the shock program cannot..but then have read on others the opposite..