Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:07 AM

Thanked 1,462 Times in 799 Posts
Default Origami books to minimum security?

Before I even ask my pen pal if she would like one, what are the odds it would be permitted?

FMC Lexington's satellite camp, Atwood Hall, is where she is now.

Specifically, would something like https://www.amazon.com/Origami-Fun-B...ywords=origami be allowed because it's a book, forbidden because it has blank paper in it, or is it impossible to say ahead of time?

If I send something, can someone decide it's against the rules after it's delivered? I mean, could a C/O get my pen pal in trouble over something that the mailroom thought was OK? Could "in trouble" mean getting transferred to someplace worse than a camp?

Should I be asking her about this? She has a unit team and hundreds of other prisoners that might have solid information.

Am I overthinking this? Is she especially at risk because her conviction was related to contraband in the first place?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,035 Times in 12,727 Posts

Mail rules are prison security level specific, with minimum security camps having much more leeway. If it is a paperback book, you can send it directly to her. Hardback books still have to arrive in the US Mail from either the publisher, or a bookstore.

Blank pages don't matter, but if it is considered to be a kit (with supplies included) it will be rejected. The only way for a bop inmate to get art supplies is to have the recreation department CO order them for her, which will be charged to the inmate's commissary account..

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-24-2017 at 08:06 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (02-24-2017)