Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Pets & Animal Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pets & Animal Discussions Man of us have furry (or other) loved ones at home with us. Please use this forum to talk about anything and everything relating to them, hobbies relating to them, etc.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

Default A Pet's 10 commandments

1) My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2) Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3) Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4) Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5) Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6) Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7) Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8) Before you scold me for being lazy or uncoopererative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9) Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10) On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

This was given to me by one of the ladies I work with. I had to pass it on to you guys here.
Live as if you'll die today
~James Dean~
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rottn For This Useful Post:
Babydoll123 (06-15-2010), barbie16118 (06-16-2010), Big Sis #1 (04-27-2009), kylee23 (04-09-2010), LilPinkWitch (05-16-2009), Michelle89 (11-14-2014), Mikesgirl73 (11-13-2014), mooshy (04-06-2014), nimuay (11-01-2014), paradise soul (04-12-2012), plmodel (06-15-2010), PTO-92958 (03-30-2010), seeyouin10 (08-03-2011), Shackle Dodger (04-21-2015), Stephen's girl (06-28-2010), sucker4mylove (02-18-2010), txsapphire (03-20-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Closed

Thanks for your post. I wish everyone that thinks they want a pet would read and take it to heart before getting an animal.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottn View Post
1) My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

4) Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5) Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

7) Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8) Before you scold me for being lazy or uncoopererative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

10) On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

This was given to me by one of the ladies I work with. I had to pass it on to you guys here.
That is a wonderful post. I wish more people followed it.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

Awwwwwwww...I am soooo fighting back some tears right now.
Thanks for this, rottn, I hope everyone takes it to heart before making a commitment to a dog or cat (or any pet, really) sooo eye opening.
They do feel and understand more than we could know.
I'm not a "dog person", but I got Sadie for Marina about 6 years ago, and I am amazed at her understanding of our language. She's my "Baby-duck" and she follows me everywhere.
She has an amazing "vocabulary"...she understands so many commands, requests, praises and even some accidental stuff on our part...(We didn't mean to say "ride" or "snack" so loud. )
Thanks for this thread.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:45 PM

I love this! i have 3 dogs that I love with all my heart and don't know what I would do without them!!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Home for Good
Donation Award 

What a wonderful post.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM

Oh! I have a lhasa apso pup and I appreciate this post very much
Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Mailman Stalker :D

that made me cry; i'm soo happy you posted this
Old 06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
1 love....1 God

printed and frame this have in hanging in my living room. i have 2 pups and a kitty but when asked i usually say i have 6 kids (my 3 girls, my taz, my scooby and my lighty).

I am the author of my life and unfortunatly im writting in pen and cant erase my errors

SAVE A LIFE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

Justice is only served when the one whom injustice was done to is satisfied
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Missing my baby

Thanks for sharing

HOLDFAST BABY!!!

~Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 PM
~N love with my June Bug~

I have a little chihuahua named Kookie, she is tiny, adorable, and a very loving little doggy... and strong too!! She's given me a ton of scares, but the worst by far was when she got sick with parvo a few weeks after I got her. I felk like my heart was sinking with her health, she didn't want to eat or drink or even get out of her bed! I didn't know what to do at first but I researched online and read that I should keep her hydrated no matter what, luckily my boyfriend helped me, especially when he saw how much of my hope got shattered every time I heard someone say "your dog looks like she's gonna die" He would tell me "she's not dying damn it, we just have to help her!" and together we would give her water and pedia-lite with a syringe!! We also gave her a couple doses of childrens antibiotics, and chicken broth. My heart leapt with joy the first time I saw her get up for water all on her own. I jumped up and down and immediately ran and told my boyfriend, he hugged me and said "we saved her, we did it!"

Moral of the story is that when pets get sick people immediately want to send them off to a vet or isolate them in a corner, I didn't have money for a vet and I sure as hell didn't want to leave her to suffer all on her own. I spent every minute I could with her and when I had to do something like shower or go somewhere I left her with my boyfriend. I'm positive it was our love that saved her!! Never underestimate the power of love. Most of us don't realize we need to love our pets, which is very sad considering how much they love us!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aidan_Kookie.jpg (37.9 KB, 3 views)

"The Best use of Life is Love
The Best Expression of Love is Time
and The Best Time to Love is Now"

Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 PM

That is so beautiful and soooooooooo true. It got me pipi in my eyes..........I love my dog!

It is not that life gets more easy, but much more that we get more strong.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:

This made/makes me tear up....how true it is.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:39 AM
One day at a time...

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Quote:
Cried my eyes out at number 10. I could never NOT be there! I love my dogs!!!
Old 11-13-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:

Awww, I love it! Thank you for sharing!!! :-)
Old 09-21-2018, 04:29 AM

I didn't know that there are a 10 Commandments for pets. I'm surprised