Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

BUCK is inmate made alcohol. You use any type of juice, sugar, yeast, and make a concoction with it!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Getting better everyday!

That's the ingredients he explained to me! LOL, does it work? He didn't even get a taste! I laughed, sorry to say, but I told him "man, you got in trouble for something you couldn't even taste yet, that sucks!"
Old 07-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

I heard that they confiscated two GALLONS of that stuff and that it stunk so bad when they dumped it in the yard the guys in the other area could smell it.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Getting better everyday!

He got his official RVR this evening...kinda fast...now I'm real worried they're gonna go after his visit this weekend and take it away. All I can do is call tomorrow and Saturday before I get on the plane. Don said something about going to the disciplinary board tomorrow? Is this fast? What should we expect? Thanks for any advice
Old 07-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Yes it worked quiet well - would give you a hangover from hell and back - but hey you had to get your kicks at times where you could.

If he goes for disciplinary tomorrow you will know what he gets. They may take away canteen or phone privledges. OR visit. You will know tomorrow for how long or what.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Getting better everyday!

He told me there's an inmate willing to sign something saying it was his, not my husband's. Said there's a possibility that they'll drop it. The story doesn't add up to me, and Don wouldn't go into detail over the phone. If anything, I hope they take the phone, it's costing me a fortune anyway. He needs his canteen for snacks, smokes, etc. I need this visit, I miss him like crazy.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

CJ, sending good thoughts your way that you still get your visit.
D

Old 07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned

Hi everyone. i'm fairly new to this and I recently found out a friend of mine was locked up in SMCI in unit 2. I really want to write him but I dont know what information I need. I have his name and MDOC number. Can you please help me? Thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Donation Award 

NisyB
I will send you a private message.. Maybe I can help.. I have the address for SMCI 2 but not his building number..
Old 07-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Hi and welcome.

Friend's name MDOC#
SMCI 2, need unit number, bed number
PO Box 1419
Leakesville, MS 39451

You can call them and they will give you the unit number. I'm at work but can send phone number later if you do not find it in one of the other threads here.

DAM311

Old 09-11-2006, 10:05 AM

My son was sent of SMCI July 7, 2006 from Rankin which is 6 hours from us. I am caring for his 2 small children. My question: Is there anyway to help him get transfered to a regional facility or any place closer to us? If so who do I contact etc.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Donation Award 

lionessden.. There are several factors that I am aware of to get a transfer. #1 the inmate must request this not the familiy. #2 I think they cannot have any RVR'S ( write ups) and #3 They must have money in their canteen to pay for a tranfer ( gas and guard's salary). All three of these are just things I have HEARD to be true. We have never been through a transfer ourselves. Maybe others will comment more..

Good luck. This is a TERRIBLY long way from home.. HORRIBLE situation.

Oh I also think it makes a differecne in what custody they are as well.

God Bless,

"I-Care"
Old 09-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Getting better everyday!

lionessden-

I'll share my personal experience as far as we've gotten with it... I-Care is right, no RVR's, your son has to put in a written request with his case manager, and he has to find out what the cost is. Once the transfer is approved, they'll withdrawl the funds from his canteen. However, keep this is mind...the transfer could take a long time to actually happen. MDOC doesn't give an actual time frame, and during the wait, if your son gets an RVR for anything, he'll lose his transfer, and the money you invested to pay for it.

You can visit the MDOC website to search which facility is closest, and also see what facility will take his classification.

SMCI's main phone number is 601-394-5600. You are allowed to speak to his case manager and he/she can guide you.

In the meantime, there's a bed and breakfast in Leakesville, if your traveling is lengthy. There's not much else there. But, if it makes ya feel any better, I fly from Ohio to Alabama, then drive over on the visit day, then fly back the next day, every month. Every other month, I fly with my 4 year old son.

If I can help anymore, please feel free to PM me. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:25 AM

Default Smci

My son was just transferred to SMCI, Saturday from Forrest County CWC, I don't know why yet but How long before he will be able to write to me? And do you know if he would have been able to take his property with him?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryss
My son was just transferred to SMCI, Saturday from Forrest County CWC, I don't know why yet but How long before he will be able to write to me? And do you know if he would have been able to take his property with him?
Hi,

He should be able to write immediately. When my guy was transferred from another facility to SMCI his property went with him.
You can call SMCI to get his unit number and start writing to him right away. The phone number is: 601-394-5600
My guess is he is in Area 2 to start so address will be:
your son MDOC#
SMCI 2, Unit #, Zone, Bed #
P.O. Box 1419
Leakesville, MS 39451

D

Last edited by Mrs.Glamma; 09-25-2006 at 06:45 AM..
Old 09-27-2006, 01:05 AM

Thank you all for your kindness. It really helps to have others who understand this nightmare. I got a letter yesterday and he has been moved back to the same building he was in. Which relieves my mind a lot even though I know he can be moved again. I am so new to this but would be happy to do all I can to help anyone. If I don't know the answer I will help search till we find it. thanks again lioness
Old 09-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessden
Thank you all for your kindness. It really helps to have others who understand this nightmare. I got a letter yesterday and he has been moved back to the same building he was in. Which relieves my mind a lot even though I know he can be moved again. I am so new to this but would be happy to do all I can to help anyone. If I don't know the answer I will help search till we find it. thanks again lioness
They move people quite a bit there. Hope he gets to stay put for a little while. Take care.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:38 AM

My son is there now he just got transferred there last Saturday and I need to know a few things:
Do I get to send him packages from the outside?
WHen can I visit him? Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-27-2006, 10:41 AM

Can I send him packages or does he have to go through the store? I am fairly new at this and I need help to know what to do.;
Old 09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryss
My son is there now he just got transferred there last Saturday and I need to know a few things:
Do I get to send him packages from the outside?
WHen can I visit him? Any help would be appreciated

Mississippi has a special holiday Package Program. This is the link to it: http://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/main.html. The deadline is end of October and the goody bag will be delivered the last week in November.

Other than that you can not send in packages. Everything is purchased off the canteen. So you can see what is on Canteen, here is the link to it on the MDOC website: http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/Commisar...ice%20List.htm. It has not been updated yet this year, and I know for instance that noodles are now .43 not .26...and we in the free world complain about price increases!!!

Your son needs to let you know his visit schedule. It is likely twice a month, a Saturday one time and Sunday the other. but each unit has a set schedule. He also needs to send you a visitor form for approval. I remember I needed to send a new one in when my Hon was transferred.
This is the link to visitation information, just scroll down to South Mississippi: http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/visitation.htm. You can contact Ms Reeves with visitation questions if your son does not send it soon.
QUESTIONS/CONTACT
Ms Becky Reeves
601.394-5600 ext 1200
breeves@mdoc.state.ms.us
It technically is up to your son to notify you though and to send you the visit rules and all. I go there 1 to 2 times a month so ask away.

I got a lot of info off the MDOC website, actually still do. http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/ Scroll down the main section of the page to Inmate Information, click that, then click family information. Neat that you can read their handbook too.

I likely have posted lots of info in this thread and the visit thread about SMCI visits/mail/phones, etc.

Feel free to contact me anytime, I will be more than happy to assist you.
I promise to get back to this later.

Hugs
D

Last edited by Mrs.Glamma; 09-27-2006 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 AM

Smile Getting In-touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorib
ok, I think I finally got my info right this time ... ( I hope) and I am hoping that someone may be able to give me some addl info on SMCI rules and regs... He was just transferred there on the 18th... is there a wait time for him to receive letters? i saw that phone numbers can only be updated every 6 months... is this correct and how much do they generally cost from this facility. I am anxious to meet others with loved ones in this facility just to get a jist of how everything works, feel free to PM me or respond on here!!! thanks again EVERYONE for your help ... I'm gonna get in contact with him sooner or later!!!
Hello! Did you finally get in-touch at Southern MDOC? I have a loved one in there also and I live about 22 miles from that facility. I can answer just about any question you have or tell you who to ask for to get your questions answered. The people are NOT FRIENDLY, but you just be persistent and don't let them scare you. They have to tell you certain things. I visit my loved one twice a month there. Please just let me know if you need anything at all?
My regards, taryn
Old 10-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Hi Taryn
I was surprised and sorry to see you had problems with SMCI staff being "not friendly". I guess that I have been very fortunate in that everyone I have dealt with there in person, by phone and email for almost three years has been nothing short of respectful, courteous and helpful. Actually at Parchman and CMCF as well.
Hope you have a better interaction next time.
D

Old 12-27-2006, 10:05 AM

hey how r u. i would appreciate it if u could get in touch with me. i have seceral questions...thank you Email Address removed per PTO Guidelines. Please PM Member

Last edited by Mrs.Glamma; 12-27-2006 at 12:07 PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Hi and welcome to PTO and the Mississippi forum.

Ask away. We are here to help. If your questions are private you can PM me.

Dam311

Old 03-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Default Transferin

What can an inmate do in order to get transfered to a new facility??? Someone please help me on this