Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > The Club House
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Club House The gathering spot for PTO's clubs. *Now Closed* Visit PrisonVille.com

Old 11-30-2005, 12:24 AM
My whole life has changed

Default 5%er

My soon to be husband is a 5%er a. k.a Nation of the Gods & Earths. What would youlike to know?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2005, 02:04 PM
his4life

Default 5%

MsMecca, I have never heard of the 5%er. I spoke with my husband's Imam and he was explaining that the 5%er was originally part of the Nation of Islam. My question to you is why 5%. This may sound like a stupid question but do they only believe in 5% of the Quran?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Boss

I have done some research on the web about them because of what I heard. The reason why I am interested is there is a lot of negative talk about them, specifically that there are more of a gang than anything and that they participate in crimes in the name of Islam, and they believe in being accountable only to self, not God. In some prisons, 5 percenters are officially classified as a gang. Please do not take what I am saying as offensive, these are not my words or beliefs, only what I have heard and read.

Mrs Mecca- the 5 percent applies that only 5 percent (them) of the world is righteous, all others are dumb and blind. You are right that it is an offshoot of NOI, and it was formed during the time of Malcom X, although I don't think he had any part of them, they do follow some of his teachings. However, like NOI, it is my understanding that they are gender and racial supremacists.

When I have time, I will post some of the scholar writings I have found. Everything that I have found so far is biased and is either for or against.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Nation of Gods and Earths

mrskarama- 5% represents the poor righteous teachers of the 85% that are deaf, blind & dumb (do not take that too literal). 10% are the oppressors aimed to keep the 85% oppressed and in darkness, (deaf, blind, dumb)

one_luv- there is a lot of information online that is not factual. For good information, check out http://www.cs.elon.edu/an/. or http://www.thetalkingdrum.com/nge.html

True, lots of prisons at one time had marked 5%ers as a "gang". this was a violation of their 1st ammendment right and many of the decisions were appealed in court and overturned. I am sure there are still some prisons that consider 5%ers gangs. Fact is -there will be many people that affiliate themselves with "religious" organizations that are not good people. Please believe, THOES PEOPLE DO NOT REPRESENT THE NATION OF GODS AND EARTHS. They still represent the 85% that are deaf blind and dumb.

In the Nation of Gods & Earths, Islam is not a religion but a natural way of life. Religion comes from the greek/latin words religery /religio which means to bind in. When one become religious you become binded into one way of thinking.

Nation of Gods & Earths teaches one to be a free and individual thinker. The black man is the original man on earth. All black men are the manifestaion of God and the power of God is within. (this is a real broad description and not necessarily bringing justice to the topic but if you have more questions I can get descriptive PM me or check out the web )

This along with many other lessons was taught by Clarence 13X a.k.a Father Allah in his lesson "who is the original man?" This was supported by Elijah Muhammad. If you have a chance, pick up his book Message to the Black man and go to chapter 29, "who is the original man"

ANy person can be refined and become a 5%er...black or white. There are white 5%ers, latino, etc...

We are not race or gender supremasist. Hope that helps

Salaam.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:10 PM

Anyone Celebrate Kwanza?

Old 12-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Closed

Has anyone caught Sleeper Cell on Showtime? I was wondering what everyone else thought of it.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Havent heard of it...

Old 12-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Boss

Thanks for the links. The edu one did not work. Since I work in research, I have access to research databases that aren't usually available on the web. I tend to go with the non-profit and educational web sites because they are objective and research-based. However, there is very little info out there that I've located that isn't persuasive. Here are a few intersting points from thetalking drum:

"Let's take the time now to look back at the life of Allah: the man history has yet to remember. Allah was born Clarence Smith on Friday, February 22, 1928 in Danville, Virginia.

The Black woman is symbolic to the earth in many ways the earth is the only planet in our solar system that is capable of reproducing life the moon, the earth's counterpart, reflects the light of the sun in much the same way that the woman reflects the teachings of her man."

"He knew from his lessons while in the temple that the Original Man (Blackman) was the Supreme Being, God. Supreme means the most high, being means to exist."

Last edited by one_luv; 12-12-2005 at 05:24 PM..
Old 12-12-2005, 08:05 PM

Yes this deals with another aspect of the science which is called the Supreme Mathematics and Alphabets. Sun= black Man. Moon= blackwoman's mind/wisdom reflected from her Sun (black man). Each woman is reflection of the man ....it gets real deep and if all information is not understood and clearly taught by a wise man...

this is just a simple description and it takes Knowledge from a wise God to interpret the wisdom that will bring forth a clear understnding. I am just coming into the knowledge of 120 so i have to say if you have any further questions I have to consult with my man.. he is a good teacher and often speaks at Taleem service, and is respected for his knowledge and his spirituality.

Salaam

Old 12-12-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Tookie

I Have been praying for him all day

Old 12-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Boss

Do you and/or your man celebrate Christmas?

I love all holidays and Christmas has always been a big deal in our family. I was rasied penecostal but no longer claim a religion. My husband didn't really celebrate it before he was with me, but now he does because it means so much to me. It is not so much about Jesus to us, but just celebrating life and all we have been blessed with. What about you?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:00 PM

We both enjoy the spirit of Christmas just as you do. We do celebrate Kwanzaa.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 AM
his4life

Hello to all, just wanted to share that me and my man finally got married on Saturday. We had both a Muslim and Civil ceremony. It was wonderful.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Boss

Congratulations!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:30 AM

congrats

Old 12-23-2005, 05:18 AM
Closed

Congratulations on your marriage.

Yes, I celebrate Christmas and he does too, but he always preferences it with, "even though i dont believe in Christmas..." LOL
Old 12-23-2005, 05:35 AM

Count me in
Old 12-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Boss

Welcome to the Connected to Islam Community, Big Juicy.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Pen Pals desired?

Does anyone have penpals? Know anyone interested in a penpal? My man sent me photos and a brief description of a few good brothas in his unit. I posted on lostvault.com but two of them specifically are looking for a woman who is "conscious" or open to Islam. Pm me for info

Anyone know some good sites to post on?

Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskaram
Hello to all, just wanted to share that me and my man finally got married on Saturday. We had both a Muslim and Civil ceremony. It was wonderful.
Congratulations.

"And among His signs is that He created for you mates among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts.Verily in that indeed are signs for a people who reflect."
(Al Quran, Surah Ar Rum 30: 21)
Old 12-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Boss

Happy New Year, sisters!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:39 PM

happy new year

Old 12-31-2005, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmecca
Does anyone have penpals? Know anyone interested in a penpal? My man sent me photos and a brief description of a few good brothas in his unit. I posted on lostvault.com but two of them specifically are looking for a woman who is "conscious" or open to Islam. Pm me for info

Anyone know some good sites to post on?
You may want to post their ads in places where the readers may fit what they're looking for. Try Muslim websites / publications.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Loved & Committed

Default S.w.a.t.

What does this mean?

My friend wrote me a couple of letters hoping that I would understand something (that I knew was beyond his control). Right by his name he wrote S.W.A.T.

What does this mean??

The devil plays checkers. God is playing Chess.
The enemy tries to get you to see the present and get discouraged. God is seeing you and your future for generations to come. When God makes a move, it's with your future in mind. Stay focused on the future. Don't let today break you, no matter how bad it might look
~John Gray (June 2009)
Old 01-03-2006, 11:24 PM

Default Swat

Sealed With a KISS!
ROTFL.....