Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > The Club House
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Club House The gathering spot for PTO's clubs. *Now Closed* Visit PrisonVille.com

Old 10-21-2006, 06:37 AM

my son is in hazelton which ison lockdown again does anyone know why and i think the visiting rooms are so noisey it sucks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 08:09 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Be S Mom welcome to the Hazelton Club! Yes the visiting room is very noisy, it is like that at every prison I believe.
Tom your information sounds the same as what my brother said. I hope it is not two weeks like the last time.
Hope everyone has a good weekend! WE are going to take a drive and look at the trees, they are about at their peek for color right now. Friends of ours are having an art show in an old barn and we are going to go to that, I would rather visit my brother but that is the way it goes sometimes.

CATHERINE
Old 10-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Donation Award 

Announcement concerning growth in the Federal Prison Forum of PTO!

Under the basic entrance, you will now find:

The Federal Forum Lounge

The Federal forum's lounge... general chit-chat and things unrelated to the Federal prison system go here!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=982

Under Federal Prisons, you will now find:

USP Hazelton

Topics and discussion specific to USP Hazelton in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=971

FCI Morgantown

Topics and discussion specific to FCI Morgantown in Morgantown, West Virginia.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=972

Terre Haute Federal Prisons

Topics and discussion specific to USP Terre Haute and FCI Terre Haute in Terre Haute, Indiana.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=973

Other Federal Prisons

All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=974
Old 10-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I wish George was home

I got a letter yesterday as well, dated the 16th. The incident didn't happen in George's unit either. He said "I'm not sure what happened, but I think someone got hurt pretty bad" At the end of the letter he said "I heard a little bit ago that we were going to be down for probably two weeks. I hope not, but we'll see."

tomd ~ Thanks for coming in and sharing the information you had with us! It's times like these that are the very reason this group was started!!! Too bad we don't know more, but at least we're not completely in the dark. Thank You!

babe s mom ~ I have actually come to like the noise of the visiting room, but only when I'm visiting alone. When the noise gets to a certain level it feels like it just kinda mixes together, and we tend to talk and laugh more. When it gets quiet I tend to get quiet as well. Weird now that I think of it. But, when other family members are visiting as well, it's really hard to hear each other. So that part sucks. How often do you get to visit? Maybe we've met before!? It's always good to have familiar faces around, especially while we're waiting for our loved ones to come out.

Atalie ~ I had originally scheduled off this weekend to go up just so I could drive through the mountains at their peak. He got moved there last October, but by the time he could have visits everything was pretty much dead and bare. I had been looking forward to this trip all year!!! Oh well!!! I get to see lots of it on my daily commutes back and forth to work though. Hopefully it will still be some good colors in two more weeks, and hopefully they're off lockdown by then.

kintml2u ~ I'm off to check it out now!!! Thanks!!!

Angie

I'd rather live in his world
Than live without him in mine.

OK, I'm going to try this again...
Please pray for me to lose weight!!!
Thank you!!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:46 PM

Hi y'all
I must be the only one without a letter yet, mine always takes so darn long. Since you guys have letters dated the 16th means I should get one early next week (I hope).

Atalie ~~Can you take some pics of the colors for me since I'm pretty sure when I get there I would have missed it all.

I only have another 32 days to go before my feet touch West Virginia ground, I can't wait to get there and see my man and meet y'all.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:47 AM

Brie - I see you're in London. The letters my brother is sending me to Germany usually take 5-6 days to reach me. Some travel faster and arrive after 3 or 4 days already but some also take longer and need over 10 days to get here. From the postal stamps I can tell that most letters taking longer got delayed by the mail room though. My letters take considerably longer to reach my brother. Usually 6-10 days - I guess because incoming mail is checked more thoroughly. I'm now waiting impatiently for the next letter, hopefully on Monday, to see what's up with this current lockdown.

There seems to be a new warden at Hazelton. Does anybody know more?

I wish I also could come to see my brother again but he got a visiting restriction at his previous place which is not up yet and so I have to wait some more before they will let me in. Sigh!

Tom
Old 10-22-2006, 04:38 AM

Hello.

I know of a new warden but know nothing about him, I guess they are all pretty much the same though.
I hope my letter arrives monday, it's hard to play the waiting game especially when you know things are bad at the prison, but given I have no choice but to wait I will do so with a possitive attitude or at least try.

Tomd~~When is your brothers visiting restriction over?

LOST ANOTHER 4 POUNDS : )

Last edited by majik; 10-22-2006 at 04:41 AM..
Old 10-22-2006, 07:36 AM
I wish George was home

tomd ~ Wow, you can receive your letters in Germany in 3-6 days?!?! I just live 5 hours away from the prison and it almost always takes at least 5 days for me to get mine!!! But, he says he usually gets mine within 3. I wish you could come visit soon as well!!! When the restriction lifts, make sure and let us know when you're coming, maybe we can meet.

Brie ~ Congratulations on the 4-pound loss!!! (I think I found them!) I don't know anything about the new warden either.

Angie

I'd rather live in his world
Than live without him in mine.

OK, I'm going to try this again...
Please pray for me to lose weight!!!
Thank you!!
Old 10-22-2006, 11:38 AM

Hi.

Todays is our little mans 9th b'day and I know O will be extremely upset that he couldn't talk to him, I took some pics to send him anyway.
I got him a lovely chocolate cake knowing full well my boys are not big on cake (but I am) so I guess that 4 pounds will be back on my belly in no time, as waste is such a terrible sin I MUST eat it : )