Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 PM

My husband is in Lewisburg Camp. His name is on our lease and I need him to sign it for another year. The lease consists of 6 pages. I divided them into 2 letters. He needs to sign each page. Do they allow inmates to sign stuff and send it back?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 01:41 PM

Default New Here

I am thankful that there is so much information regarding Lewisburg Camp! I took my boyfriend of 8 years there on Tuesday the 5th and have not heard anything and I am absolutely going crazy waiting for a call. They were very nice when we arrived and that made me feel better, but I can't wait to hear his voice to know he is ok. By what I have been reading it could be 6 days before he calls and maybe 6 weeks before I can even visit. I thought I would be able to talk to him within 48 hours and visit within 2 weeks, I guess I was wrong. Thank you everyone for contributing your information and support on this site.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecejad View Post
I just dropped my boyfriend off yesterday for his self surrender and I was just wondering if anyone had a visit schedule, for the odd and even weekends. Thanks a lot
Hi, I dropped my boyfriend off on the 5th. I haven't heard anything yet, and I called the prison and they really couldn't give me any info. I cannot wait to hear that he is ok. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing....
Old 05-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I love him with my all!!!

Thanked 2,053 Times in 945 Posts
Default Lewisburg USP (SMU)

I was wanting to know anyone else on here have a loved on at Lewisburg USP or going thier or even in the SMU department? My man keeps telling me that is were thier sending him. I was told it was a place for gang people. And my man isnt in a gang. Can anyone give me any information to it. What is it like? What about visist? I read on the bop website that SMU inmates can not get contact vists. I really hope he doesnt go thier but I am preparing myself. Cause I know how crazy BOP is. So if anyone has any advice it will be greatly appericated. Thanks a bunches I appericate it.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:20 PM

You can always go to the facility website and you will be able to find out what the rules are about visiting and other questions you have. Good Luck!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:43 AM

Hi did you found out anything about the SMU allready? my man told me today that they are going to send him there also... I heard the program is for 3 years and they are not allowed to have contact
Old 05-23-2009, 06:44 AM

I'm sorry i was a little to fast.. so they are not allowed to have contact visits.. I also checked out the bop website but they are not saying much about it.. it's stressing me out also
Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 AM

My man was put in the SMU at the beginning of the year and has just now reached Phase II and definitely does not fit the criteria to have been put into the program in the first place. The program lasts from 1-1/2 to 2 years and is a complete joke. They are kept in 23 hr lockdown with nothing...no privileges and 1 phone call a month. The visits are no-contact and family only. I was able to visit only after they went on a hunger strike (even though I was approved and we gave them a month's notice (2 weeks notice required). If you email me privately I can send you the SMU statement, visiting regulations and personal information that I have.

This program is NOT working and will end with disastrous results if they don't discontinue or ammend it. More buses are coming in and inmates are responding...food strikes...one whole block was torn up taking all the plumbing out. Even the cops are not in favor of the program as it puts them on the frontline.

Some possible good news, though...they recently replaced the AW...SHE seems to be pretty nice so there is hope that things will get a bit better. Please feel free to email me and I will try to answer any questions you have.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuzieCue For This Useful Post:
Hypothermia (05-25-2009), Joeyslady (01-31-2010), lala2679 (12-14-2009)
Old 05-30-2009, 03:35 PM

Well a little update on the SMU prorgram my man is in. Oh goodness the program is a total joke in my oppion. Wow he got in one fight long time ago. Wow we better run he is so violent. It doesnt make any sence to lock a man or woman for that matter for 23 hours a day. And then he can not have nothing in the SMU program for the frist 4 months. And then in September he is allowed to take pictures. I was excited about that cause it has been a hot minute since he has taken a picture. But the program to me really sucks. Your just caging people up and making them madder and madder. I hope they see that this program doesnt work.

I also know were not allowed to vist now it want be till next year with contact vists. But I do get 2 phone calls a month so that is better than nothing. but all in all my man and his cellie say first hand it really does suck.

He also sent me the handbook so if you want to anything about program or anything like that let me know I will be more than glad to help anyone...
Old 06-05-2009, 04:57 PM
faith, hope and love

Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,317 Posts

Sounds terrible, I think to lock up inmates for 23 hours a day only makes them angrier, more violent. What does the bop expect when they treat human beings this way? For them to act nice????? What is wrong with America and the system? They are crazy to no end and it just disgusts me that they treat human beings this way and get by with it, right here in America!!!! Their rehabilitation is a joke and they can expect nothing but anger and rage by locking them in cells, no contact with family and making them feel as if they are worthless. This shouldn't be happening!!!!!

"THOSE WHO DESERVE LOVE LEAST NEED IT THE MOST"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heartbrokenmom For This Useful Post:
boflipflops36 (06-05-2009), cyrsu (12-28-2009), LadyKisses (06-09-2009)
Old 06-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Donation Award 

If anyone has anymore information on the SMU program I would really appreciate if you would PM with information about it. My friend received a letter with an SMU recommendation so he was asking for any details I could provide.
Thanks
Old 06-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKisses View Post
Well a little update on the SMU prorgram my man is in. Oh goodness the program is a total joke in my oppion. Wow he got in one fight long time ago. Wow we better run he is so violent. It doesnt make any sence to lock a man or woman for that matter for 23 hours a day. And then he can not have nothing in the SMU program for the frist 4 months. And then in September he is allowed to take pictures. I was excited about that cause it has been a hot minute since he has taken a picture. But the program to me really sucks. Your just caging people up and making them madder and madder. I hope they see that this program doesnt work.

I also know were not allowed to vist now it want be till next year with contact vists. But I do get 2 phone calls a month so that is better than nothing. but all in all my man and his cellie say first hand it really does suck.

He also sent me the handbook so if you want to anything about program or anything like that let me know I will be more than glad to help anyone...
Does the Handbook say anything about the magazine subs they are allowed or how many they are allowed??? I know only 2 books per week...between me and his mom we don't want to be "over-subscribing" to stuff he won't be allowed to have. And are the "Level" progression strictly a time thing or does their behavior and ability to complete steps progress them to the next level? Thanks for any info!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hypothermia For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-28-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

I just heard that, at the Lewisburg Special Management Institution, they now have converted some housing units to segregation units due to placing so many inmates in the SHU. They have over 700 inmates in SHU!!! The way they're handling things, I wouldn't be surprised if it essentially becomes another supermax.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-28-2009)
Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothermia View Post
Does the Handbook say anything about the magazine subs they are allowed or how many they are allowed??? I know only 2 books per week...between me and his mom we don't want to be "over-subscribing" to stuff he won't be allowed to have. And are the "Level" progression strictly a time thing or does their behavior and ability to complete steps progress them to the next level? Thanks for any info!

Well my man said alot that is in the hand book they dont go by anymore like it said that the inmate couldnt have but 10 letters and 10 pictures. As far as the magazines my baby has 6 magazines and they been coming to him. I know my baby got the 2 year program and it has like months like the first 4 months they can't have any of thier property no radio nothing like that and then go to the next step and they are able to take pictures and it is a step down progress..But thier is also a school course in thier and my baby already has graduated and everything. To me the program is crazy it really is..No contact vists for awhile. I am like someone shoot me. It really does suck but hey what can i do.....TO me the program is a joke. But as far as magazine I order 6 for my man and he has been getting all of them..
Old 06-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Donation Award 

Default 'Bout time!

Wow...I'm surprised you guys finally made it! I was beginning to doubt that US "loved ones" of the FBOP's "Worst of the worst" would ever hook up!
My name is Malia and my man is part of this SMU science experiment. It is truly unbelievable and personally I think
it has been set up to be deadly...
I have been around PTO for several years and have been watching the FEDS try to ruin my man for 16 years. Its, to say the least, the most infuriating part of my life. What "THEY' are doing at SMU USP LB is deplorable and stupid
and if I thought it would help, I would raise public awareness. Unfortunately, this would only make it worse for
my Man. Been there done that (USP Victorville 2005) and thats not what I 'm trying to do.
If you want to "chat" about it feel free to PM me.
Hi Zelda,,,remember me? You do soooo much here at PTO.
Thankyou!!!
Nice to meet y'all....
ALOHA

Malia Lynn
The Following User Says Thank You to Malia Lynn For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-28-2009)
Old 06-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Donation Award 

I see you're still hangin' in there!! The ACLU just filed a lawsuit about the BOP's "Communication Management Units." Maybe they'll go after the "Special Management Institution" at some point - though that's a bit more difficult if the BOP is using disciplinary violations to place people there; that would be more "due process" than the CMU inmates get. It's just too bad to see the BOP moving toward creating more and more "supermax" segregation prisons when the research is coming out that isolation units just don't work. Z.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
faith, hope and love

Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,317 Posts

The bop ruins many inmates lives by locking them down in the SHU, some for many months, even years, it messes up their minds. Everyone needs human contact. They destroy people with their tactics and harsh treatment, taking away family contact and all human contact. It destroys a person's spirit. The article I read on the aclu website said the lawsuit was in Indiana. Wonder if they could file a lawsuit to do away with the shu completely? Locking inmates in there for minor punishment is cruel and inhumane. This happens right here in America. They let the some of the prisoners out of Gitmo and they went to Bermuda and are free. And right here in our own country, right under our very noses, they are getting by with cruel punishment. It doesn't help or rehabilitate. It should be stopped. Then they want to know why there is so much violence. When you cage up an animal and let them out, how do they act. This is worse than an animal to treat a human this way, lock them up in a concrete cell for days, years at a time. It makes me so mad that this is happening. Pure torture is what it is!!!!!

"THOSE WHO DESERVE LOVE LEAST NEED IT THE MOST"
Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 PM

Default Horrible

Reading all of this breaks my heart I hope the ACLU law suit will bring to light what is happening in other prisons. Sen. Webb's investigation most likely will touch on what happens in SHU.

The wheels of justice are slow. While they are investigating what they already know, people are suffering. The investigations will inform the public and hopefully change minds and soften hearts towards our own, not just those in Gitmo.

Its amazing the outrage the public had for foreigners, yet are so hard on prisoners right here in the good o USA
Old 06-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Busy Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,085 Posts

Hello everyone. I just found out today a friend of mine was moved from the federal prison in Adelanto to this place in PA. I've been reading the posts and they are making my stomach turn. If anyone can direct me where to find more information please let me know. Thanks!

CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
The Following User Says Thank You to LuvandLaughsCA For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-28-2009)
Old 06-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Donation Award 

Well, I do have to say, in response to the comments about foreign prisoners and their release to Bermuda. At least our American prisoners are not being water-boarded and tortured and denied lawyers and access to the Courts, without convictions, and then released after six years of that - when they find they have no evidence against them. Just had to add that. That doesn't mean I don't think the isolation units in U.S. prisons are not a form of mental torture - they are.
cyrsu (12-28-2009)
Old 06-28-2009, 05:32 PM

Wow my thread has really been picking up. I think personally the shu and all these crazy programs were thier throwing the inmate in a cell for most of the day is crazy. A person needs human contact with other people not to be talking to walls and loosing thier minds. And they wonder why the inmates act up after coming out of programs like that. Cause they dont know what to do. I feel really sorry for the men whom dont have anyone to write whom spend alot of time to thierselves with no friends. It is very sad to see. I dont even treat my dogs like this at all. They need to be amongst other people for socail interaction.

My man says the place sucks no air conditioners no heat. It gets so darn hot in the cells. And then thier is the cockroach and rat problem it is just gross he says on an average day him and his cellie will likely kill over a hundred cockroaches. I think that is gross. He said the food is okay. it is not home cooking that is for sure. The program is okay. But to me and him it does suck. I mean goodness gratious. No ac goodness I hope they give them plenty to drink being as it is so hott thier. Or get some cool showers to help cool thier bodies dont want anyone to have a heat stroke....No no

So I hope soon something is done for these inmates that get thrown in the shu and the segergation is crazy!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Donation Award 

I read about PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) protesting fishmarketers throwing DEAD fish. They should start worrying more about the human species in these isolation units. Maybe if someone informed them that they're killing cockroaches, they might spring into action... Here's where you can report cruelty to animals to PETA:
http://www.peta.org/about/c-email_peta.asp

Last edited by Zelda50; 06-29-2009 at 12:59 PM..
cyrsu (12-28-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM

Well my husband is on his way there now, They have him in FTC Oklahoma, so Im waiting to see how the vistiting thing play out......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKisses View Post
I was wanting to know anyone else on here have a loved on at Lewisburg USP or going thier or even in the SMU department? My man keeps telling me that is were thier sending him. I was told it was a place for gang people. And my man isnt in a gang. Can anyone give me any information to it. What is it like? What about visist? I read on the bop website that SMU inmates can not get contact vists. I really hope he doesnt go thier but I am preparing myself. Cause I know how crazy BOP is. So if anyone has any advice it will be greatly appericated. Thanks a bunches I appericate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to zawjutalrasool For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-28-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 PM

My man says in a couple more months the staff and his unit team manager says thier going to move him to a fci maybe closer to me. I hope so . I want him away from SMU program it is a joke sersiouly it is ...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Soon to be @Lewisburg FPC

Default Self Surrender JULY 17th.

I appreciate the information you posted. I too will be self surrendering on July 17th '09.

I happened to do 5 weeks at the MCC / MDC & FDC while awaiting bail and release to await trial. So, I got a basic feel for the whole commissary situation etc. I would love to see a copy of the commissary sheet though!! If you could email me a copy at BrooklynBornNYC@Gmail.com I would SO appreciate it!!

How about the showing situation? has your friend mentioned if they are "stalled" or completely open? Sounds like an odd question, but it seems to be the only privacy you get since there are no cells.

Was he looking to get into the RDAP program? If so, did he? How long did it take for him to get in? What type of job was he able to get himself?

Overall, what does he think of the place?