Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Parole revocation hearing?

Does anyone know about a parole revocation hearing? Husband was on parole got into a fight charged with aggravated assault with weapon took plea of aggravated assault was sentenced to a year in county will be up this month was told he will be sent back for this type of hearing. What about the year he served in jail will he get credit for that? And it seems they are trying to send him back on the original charge of assault with a weapon an alleged gun involved but he was not in possession of a firearm the other person he was allegedly to have the gun in possession. Thank you need help and how to prepare and where will he go once he leaves county?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
we are FREE xoxox
Donation Award 

From what i understand after reading what you posted...the parole revocation hearing will happen after he is "released" from county jail. He will be sent to Charles Egeler Reception and Guidance Center. Go through intake, be assigned a cell and after about 14 days of being there be given a date for his parole revocation hearing. He can have a lawyer, either paid or apointed by the state.
He can have witnesses. Most parole revocation hearings are done via satellete from your local parole office.
After the hearing, i believe, the parole board has 30 days to respond with a guilty or not guilty verdict.

Good luck and if there is anything i can help with, let me know.