Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons Post all letters, stories and information from inmates and ex-convicts here. Share their perspective with the rest of us who have not been on the inside.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:25 PM

Default !*UPDATE*!Letter from Jenny Shenaider (KAPARA)

I wrote Jenny for the first time a week ago and I just recieved my first letter from her. She is at the Coleman FCC where I am going to be going soon and her husband is in Edgefield where my husband will be going soon. I will wrtie the following from her letter here. Also she sent me a commisary list from in there it was so nice of her.

Dear XXXX,

It was nice to get your letter. I hope I can provide you with info, so it's not to be so frustrating for you. I am in camp which is adjacent to the medium facility. It's not so bad in here, all depends how you look at it. It's a resort compared to county, if you ever spent any time in county. But it's still prison without fences. The food is bad. Some days are better than others, but it's the same food over and over again. The breakfasts are actually good and I mean GOOD. But the lunches and dinners are bad. We do have a salad bar and you can buy tuna frmo the commisary so if the food is extremely bad on a certain day you can always bring your tuna and have it with a salad. This is a working camp so you will be assigned a job which is usually 7:30am to 3:30pm There is a walking track, Recreation room, good library, education. I am taking a spanish class. There are wellness classes such as yoga, step...etc... and also craft classes such as crochet, drawing and painting. In education you can take Microsoft office typing resume. Don't bring nothing with you. Only small religious neckless and wedding band. There are 4 units here and each has about 120-130 inmates. Bring a postal money order with you. Your monthly spending limit is $290.00 .

I am attaching a commisary shopping list.

Good Luck, Be Strong, It's not so bad.

Write to me

Jenny.

I thought this was very nice of her to do if anyone reading this is going to coleman pm me I will be glad to share the information I have learned or forward you a copy of the commisary list in the Coleman Camp.

Hope this helped someone!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2004, 12:29 PM

Who had any contact with Jenny before she left??!??