Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Alabama that do not fit into any other Alabama subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:29 AM

Default Still Looking

I still haven't found someone willing to talk about their situation. Can anyone think of someone who lives in Alabama and is in a relationship with a man they met post lock-up? Hearing what you have to say makes me more certain this will make an incredible story. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2004, 10:47 AM

I think ladyinwaiting that if you read into these posts by these brave and unusual women, wives..soulmates..that they fear retrobution towards their mates should they go public with some of the things they have had to endure. If you browes thru the forums on treatment of all prisoners because a wife, girlfriend, Mom or any of us you will find that if we, as the outsider, try to get help for our loved one, eventually something bad happens to the inmate in a bad way. Your human interest story can not have anoniminity as I don't think your boss could present a story in that fashion. Having lived in your telecast area for over 15 yrs and knowing how welll your station is, unless they would agree to keep the individuals names and prison they are in your will not find anyone to come forward freely. I may be off the wall here, but we have enough negativity from outside because we have a loved one in prison, but to have it put out there for others to see...not understanding for one minute how we feel...is not exactically what we want. We want them home! They have served their time as the courts have sentenced them, but they can't come home because of this excuse and that excuse. They must continue to live in overcrowed conditions, with CO's that don't care as long as they punch a clock and get a check at the end of the week, they live in unhealthy, overcrowded facilities, places not fit for your family pet to live in, poor to non existent health care, in one of the cheapest run prison systems in the entire United States! The people who run this state should spend a week in one of these facilities and I am sure their tongues would wag the loudest...get help! Do something now.

Sorry to rattle on but although your story idea is great and I am sure would garner the sympathy you want...there are more pressing issues on each and everyone minds here on this Forum.
Moderators if I am out of line in anyway please feel free to delete all or part of this post

GSPack
Old 02-04-2004, 12:54 PM

GSPack you are so right! There are more pressing issues with our prison system to bad no one wants to keep these issues in the public eye and try to resolve them. I would love to see Bob Riley in one of Alabama's prisons for a week. Or maybe one of the news reporters could stay a week. Now that would be a report all of us would love to see! But of course ADOC would not have that!
Old 02-04-2004, 01:05 PM

my thoughts are....Ladyinwaiting...pick any and I mean any state prison and go there on visitation day. Get there early...watch the women and children smiling and laughing as they wait for hours with there little clear bags of coins that they have saved all week to visit with their men.......then wait and watch them as they come out only a few hours later...children with there heads hung down most of the time crying not wanting to leave their dads, mother's trying to be strong and comfort them or parnets so old and weak that you wonder how in the hell they made the drive to start with, You don't need any of us to tell you anything about what we go though...its written on our faces every other weekend for those of us that are lucky enough to affort the trip to visit to start with.

as i mention before...Kenny and I decided that we didn't want to be a part of any news story reguarding inmates and their wifes...I can't believe any good would come of it
Old 02-04-2004, 06:54 PM
happy pto member

Denice Is So Right. No One Knows The Feelings Of The Day Before A Visit, Nor The Sheer Pain Of Walking Out Those Doors And Leaving Our Loved One Behind.
We Are Brave Women, But We Are Not Willing To Scrafice Our Husbands Well Being Nor Safety. We All Know The End Results Of Saying Or Doing The Wrong Thing.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:47 PM

I dont think anyone could have said it better than those who go thru this week end and week end out. Its not easy, I think you can see that. I see their pain and their tears and their frustration each time they post and I see their love. The love the have for each and everyone of us here on PTO. That love gives some of us the strength to go on each day to the next. /To get up each morning with new hope. I have not experienced that pain as I am one of the few unfortunate that can't go see their loved one. I have no way to get to her prison...i haven't seen her smiling face since Easter of last year. But each time she calls or she writes I feel the lonelyness and pain for her and me and for her 4 yr old daughter who asks each time they talk, "Are you still in jail , Mommy?"
Old 02-04-2004, 10:02 PM
happy pto member

Gspack, I'm So Sorry That You Haven't Seen Your Daughter Since Last Easter. I Can't Imagine How Hard That Is, But I'm Sending You And Her Little Girl A Hug. (((((hugs)))))
Old 02-17-2004, 11:57 AM

Well everyone I have decided to be a voice for all of us. After long talks with Michael , taking my children in consideration, we have decided to hopefully shead a brighter light to our daily dilemma. I ask for your prayers that our relationship isn't exployed as promised, and that the ones viewing our story opens their hearts and realizes prison life touches almost all families one way or anther. I will be meeting with Melissa on Thrusday of this week.

vicki
Old 02-17-2004, 12:03 PM

Vicki,
I like how you said "After long talks with Michael , taking my children in consideration..." because it shows you have given it much thought and I think when anyone is talking with the press, this has got to be the first priority. I know that I for one will be praying for all to go well and for what NEEDS to be reported will come forth in the article. I trust you will let all of us know when you go to press!

Care
Old 02-17-2004, 12:09 PM

OH Vicki.....I'm surprised at you...grateful...but surprised just the same. I'll be saying LOTS of prayers for you, your children, michael and... Melissa..

You have always given me and other here much support, helpfull hints, and advice and I hope that Melissa and her program does as promised.

I spoke with Kenny about this and we both were very scared to do anything. I'm proud that you have come forth and found the courage to do it. I'm look forward to see the out come...PLEASE keep us posted on it..

Best of luck and prayers being sent....daily...

Melissa, please don't abuse the trust that Vicki has shown you. We all are here for support and understanding and I pray you stand for the same pricinpals as we do.

DeniseJ
Old 02-17-2004, 04:40 PM

My Prayers go out to you and Micchael in that this will be the "Story of the Year"! You have been a valuable asset to many of of newbies here on PTO and I am very thankful for you! God Bless and by all means please keep us posted on this!

You have courage and strength! Far More than I would have.

GSPack
Old 02-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Keeping The Torch Burning

vlcoffman--I also like that you have thought this through. You and Michael are both brave people and I support you 100%. I see that you still have some very valid fears, but I will be praying that those fears are never realized. Now I can't wait to see that report!
ladyinwaiting--here's another woman asking that you don't "give the people what they want" and try to inform them out of their complacency. Please give our PTO sister vlcoffman the respect that she deserves and don't do anything that would be harmful to her or hers.

"Because you're mine, I walk the line." Johnny Cash (The Man In Black)
Old 02-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,527 Times in 1,245 Posts

Vicki, wow. Good luck with it and please keep us posted how things go, I wish you the best, my friend
Old 02-18-2004, 05:30 AM
happy pto member

Vicky,
I Stand By You 100%. I Admire Your Courage. You And Your Family Is In My Prayers As Well As Melissa.

may the lord bless you and keep you Num 6:24
Old 02-19-2004, 04:03 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just had our interview and I truly feel really good about what we discussed. We decided to tape the story by the beach, it was such a beautiful day . The story is suppose to air Monday night on ch 48. Melissa and Blake were really nice, they are suppose to send me a copy of the story because I can't get that channel here in Mobile. Now we need the prayers on how it turns out and hope it puts all of us in a different light.

vicki
Old 02-19-2004, 05:44 PM

Vicki I must say you are truly a brave woman. No one unless they've been there can truly know the pain and hardship we all go through daily having a loved one in prison. I admire you and wish the best for you both. I will anxiously be waiting for your story and hope your story is portrayed in a way that you want it to be. God bless you both for being so courageous.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:10 PM
BeBe~n~DaWn

I met jose after he had served three years in the feds, what info you need ?
Old 02-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,527 Times in 1,245 Posts

Glad to hear it, Vicki - hope they do y'all right with it!!!
Old 02-22-2004, 07:02 PM

Just saw a clip from Vicki's interview with channel 48 news. They said the story will air tomorrow night at 10:00. Can't wait to see how everything turns out.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:17 PM

Oh Gosh I am so glad you had a good interview....I so wish I could get up north to watch the interview..I cant wait for reactions from those lucky enough to see it!

GSPack
Old 02-24-2004, 03:33 PM

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=0hBBL3UE

HERE'S THE STORY......
Old 02-25-2004, 12:14 AM

Awe Vicki that was so sweet and touching..it had me crying with your devotion to Mike. I just wish I could have seen the live story.

GSPack