Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Babydoll818

Red face I'm visiting TCCH June 1-3, 2012.

I just scheduled a visit to TCCH on June 1, 2, and 3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday 2012) to visit my baby. I'm making tentative plans but I do know I will fly in Thursday from Los Angeles to Memphis(TN) on May 30, 2012, and probably get a rental car for the weekend. I've read good things about the Holiday Inn in Batesville and will most likely stay there, but am still doing more research for my trip. If any of you plan on visiting that weekend feel free to private message me and maybe we can share accomodations (and split the cost so its cheaper), also i'd have a rental car so you can save on taxi fare.

I've never done this before, but im open minded to sharing the experience and maybe going sightseeing or a little shopping (or windowshopping lol) in Mississippi together since visiting is only till 4p.m. Let me know.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken..
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,”
-Rudyard Kipling.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

Hey love I moved your post to the newbie's thread. Hopefully you will get better answers and assistance

Last edited by pj663; 05-18-2012 at 08:55 AM..
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll818 View Post
I just scheduled a visit to TCCH on June 1, 2, and 3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday 2012) to visit my baby. I'm making tentative plans but I do know I will fly in Thursday from Los Angeles to Memphis(TN) on May 30, 2012, and probably get a rental car for the weekend. I've read good things about the Holiday Inn in Batesville and will most likely stay there, but am still doing more research for my trip. If any of you plan on visiting that weekend feel free to private message me and maybe we can share accomodations (and split the cost so its cheaper), also i'd have a rental car so you can save on taxi fare.

I've never done this before, but im open minded to sharing the experience and maybe going sightseeing or a little shopping (or windowshopping lol) in Mississippi together since visiting is only till 4p.m. Let me know.
I am soo excited for you!!!! I hope you have great visit!!! Wish I could tag along...How long has he been there?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Babydoll818

Thank you. :-)
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken..
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,”
-Rudyard Kipling.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Donation Award 

Question just transferred to TCCF

Quote:
Thank you. :-)
Hello everyone,

My husband just got moved from North Fork to TCCF. I've already got Securus, know the drill with Western Union, mail, etc. What I was wondering is what the visiting schedule looks like. Segregated by race? He's Black so what days are they currently allowed visiting? And I know I have to call first :} Thank you for any answers!

Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2

Hello everyone,

My husband just got moved from North Fork to TCCF. I've already got Securus, know the drill with Western Union, mail, etc. What I was wondering is what the visiting schedule looks like. Segregated by race? He's Black so what days are they currently allowed visiting? And I know I have to call first :} Thank you for any answers!
Right now its all three days fri-sun for all races
The Following User Says Thank You to hisqueenb For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (06-03-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Donation Award 

Question One more please

Books....

In Cali it was Amazon, in North Fork only Barnes and Noble. Which book company here at Miss and is it still two paperbacks per month? Thank you very much for your help and wisdom!

Blessings to you,

MJ

Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Books....

In Cali it was Amazon, in North Fork only Barnes and Noble. Which book company here at Miss and is it still two paperbacks per month? Thank you very much for your help and wisdom!

Blessings to you,

MJ
Hi MJ,

I am only a yr. into this w/ my LO but I will share what little I know.. In the past I have sent books & cds through Amazon.com and I had no problems. I sent new books b/c I wasn't sure if they allowed used ones. My babe said that I could send used ones and at the time he wanted a cd. So I sent a used one and they pulled him aside and told him 'no third party vendors' so I began ordering cds directly from the source. Now they tell him that he can't get anymore cds so I assume that he can only get books that are new. Whew..long explaination but that's just how it goes I guess. Anyways, nice to meet you and I hope that you get to see your husband soon.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Donation Award 

Smile Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzante View Post
Hi MJ,

I am only a yr. into this w/ my LO but I will share what little I know.. In the past I have sent books & cds through Amazon.com and I had no problems. I sent new books b/c I wasn't sure if they allowed used ones. My babe said that I could send used ones and at the time he wanted a cd. So I sent a used one and they pulled him aside and told him 'no third party vendors' so I began ordering cds directly from the source. Now they tell him that he can't get anymore cds so I assume that he can only get books that are new. Whew..long explaination but that's just how it goes I guess. Anyways, nice to meet you and I hope that you get to see your husband soon.
I just want to send books, new paperbacks, not CD's because I am used to those only being allowed from package vendors in quarterly packages. Thanks very much for info

Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
A Mother's Pain

Default how many books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
I just want to send books, new paperbacks, not CD's because I am used to those only being allowed from package vendors in quarterly packages. Thanks very much for info
At TCCF I would send up to 5 books sometimes and never had a problem. I always use Barns and Noble. They lost one book one time and they just replaced it no questions.

So you just came from North Fork, OK? My son just shipped out of MS to OK yesterday. I just sent him three books, do you think he will have a problem? Do they only allow 2 per month there in OK?
The Following User Says Thank You to amotherspain For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
A Mother's Pain

Default Hotels

Quote:

cancel my reply, your trip was already.

Last edited by amotherspain; 06-05-2012 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Her trip was already last week end.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Donation Award 

Thumbs up Crazy merry-go-round

Quote:
Originally Posted by amotherspain View Post
At TCCF I would send up to 5 books sometimes and never had a problem. I always use Barns and Noble. They lost one book one time and they just replaced it no questions.

So you just came from North Fork, OK? My son just shipped out of MS to OK yesterday. I just sent him three books, do you think he will have a problem? Do they only allow 2 per month there in OK?
Wow, there are sure a lot of us flipping from OK to MISS and back aren't there? This is no fun. LOL In OK, I was only allowed to send two per month, they only allow Amazon at NFCF. No Barnes and Noble, my favorite book company.

My guy is a reader and he loves getting his books, so I am thrilled maybe three at Miss? These rules for CCA prisons being different is so crazy-making. I'll answer anything I can about OK and thank you for the Miss help very much!

MJ

Old 06-05-2012, 11:45 AM
A Mother's Pain

Default Books

Quote:
Wow, there are sure a lot of us flipping from OK to MISS and back aren't there? This is no fun. LOL In OK, I was only allowed to send two per month, they only allow Amazon at NFCF. No Barnes and Noble, my favorite book company.

My guy is a reader and he loves getting his books, so I am thrilled maybe three at Miss? These rules for CCA prisons being different is so crazy-making. I'll answer anything I can about OK and thank you for the Miss help very much!

MJ
Oh no, I sent it Barnes and Noble, do you think they will just refuse it and send it back? So only Amazon for books? and only 2 per month? Yes my son is a reader too so that will be a big change for him. MS is really laid back but my son thought it was a little to much if you know what I mean...

Do they also allow Xbox at OK? any games from Walkinghorst?
The Following User Says Thank You to amotherspain For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Donation Award 

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by amotherspain View Post
Oh no, I sent it Barnes and Noble, do you think they will just refuse it and send it back? So only Amazon for books? and only 2 per month? Yes my son is a reader too so that will be a big change for him. MS is really laid back but my son thought it was a little to much if you know what I mean...

Do they also allow Xbox at OK? any games from Walkinghorst?

I am so sorry, I flipped my words by mistake. In OK they ONLY allow B&N, in Miss I am confused myself, since someone said only Amazon and now I am hoping you are saying B&N? They do allow X-Box, only from Walkenhorst. We don't have an X-Box but some of the gals in the NFCF forum here do have them and can help with that part for you. Sorry for the confusion, stressful day today, can you tell?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
A Mother's Pain

Quote:
I am so sorry, I flipped my words by mistake. In OK they ONLY allow B&N, in Miss I am confused myself, since someone said only Amazon and now I am hoping you are saying B&N? They do allow X-Box, only from Walkenhorst. We don't have an X-Box but some of the gals in the NFCF forum here do have them and can help with that part for you. Sorry for the confusion, stressful day today, can you tell?
OMG...I was freaking out and almost canceled the order. Thank GOD! Ok, in Mississippi they do allow books from B&N for sure! I send them all the time. As far as I know there is no limit that we have been told. So this will be good thing for your loved one! Take care and enjoy MS!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:

MJ
WELCOME TO THIS FORUM!!! My Love Told Me They Are Sending Out A List Of 200 People To Be Shipped Out Every Week. It Really Sucks. I Was Supposed To Be Planning My Summer Trip. Now I Have To Wait And See If He's Going To Be Moved

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisQueenLOVE

WELCOME TO THIS FORUM!!! My Love Told Me They Are Sending Out A List Of 200 People To Be Shipped Out Every Week. It Really Sucks. I Was Supposed To Be Planning My Summer Trip. Now I Have To Wait And See If He's Going To Be Moved

Hi!
Question? Did your love get approved last summer and he is still waiting for a transfer?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzante
Hi!
Question? Did your love get approved last summer and he is still waiting for a transfer?
No. They're Just Randomly Moving People From MS To Oklahoma And People From Oklahoma To MS

Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisQueenLOVE

No. They're Just Randomly Moving People From MS To Oklahoma And People From Oklahoma To MS

WHAT! Lol. My babe said the same thing but since they told him yes last year -then no, we figured he needs to wait. Thank you for the info!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzante

WHAT! Lol. My babe said the same thing but since they told him yes last year -then no, we figured he needs to wait. Thank you for the info!
Yes! Thank God He Hasn't Been On The List So Far. I Pray They Just Leave Him Where He Is.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Donation Award 

Unhappy Random for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzante View Post

My husband just had his annual and they told him he was going to be in OK for at least another year. Then with three hours notice he was gone to Miss.! He is in his fifties, his cellie also, and they sent his cellie the day before him. I was told they are switching Black inmates around, I do not know about other races. This is a big change for us.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 PM

Hello, I hope I am in the right thread. My fiance and I are planning to get married while he is at TCCF. He sent me the marriage packet a few weeks ago. I am a bit confused with the process and need some help. I've called the prison but could not get in contact with anyone. My fiance is not able to call me because of the lockdown or else I would ask him to find out some information for me. If anyone has been through the marriage process at TCCF, please PM me. Any information is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 AM

Hi ladies, well I'm new to this..my hunny is out at tccf and I just found out I got approved to go visit!!! Yay.! I live out in California. I don't know what to do as far as getting this whole trip started. Do I call the jail and make an appointment? What is the dress code there? I wanna look good for him.! As far as airports I'm aware it's best to fly into memphis tn? And as far as renting a car? What company is best? My main problem is I don't have a credit card, I don't even have a bank account due to some problems but I do have a pre paid visa debit card with my full name, and im 22 is there a certain age limit to rent? will that work in memphis? Or can I just fly out there and go to a rent a car company and get a car right then and there without having to call before hand and pay with cash? And my last question is what are some hotels that are close to the prison? It doesn't need to be high class but something decent I know this trip is costly..I'm flying out there alone so I'm already going to be nervous as it is cause I'm going to see my hunny and I want everything to go smooth.!!! Please please help me ladies!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_CC
Hi ladies, well I'm new to this..my hunny is out at tccf and I just found out I got approved to go visit!!! Yay.! I live out in California. I don't know what to do as far as getting this whole trip started. Do I call the jail and make an appointment? What is the dress code there? I wanna look good for him.! As far as airports I'm aware it's best to fly into memphis tn? And as far as renting a car? What company is best? My main problem is I don't have a credit card, I don't even have a bank account due to some problems but I do have a pre paid visa debit card with my full name, and im 22 is there a certain age limit to rent? will that work in memphis? Or can I just fly out there and go to a rent a car company and get a car right then and there without having to call before hand and pay with cash? And my last question is what are some hotels that are close to the prison? It doesn't need to be high class but something decent I know this trip is costly..I'm flying out there alone so I'm already going to be nervous as it is cause I'm going to see my hunny and I want everything to go smooth.!!! Please please help me ladies!
Hi, congrats!! when are you planning to go?
Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,950 Times in 3,184 Posts

This thread was started quite a few years ago, and there are many different issues addressed in this thread. In trying to clean up the forums, this thread is now closed. Please see the Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility - Mississippi - Out of State Transfers forum and post in the appropriate thread(s) there. There's GREAT info in the Stickys at the top of the forum. Thanks!

[/color][/size][/center]

Last edited by Renee; 08-16-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Closed Thread