Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Groovin' for Life
Donation Award 

Default FCI--Herlong

I did a search on FCI Herlong and there was not too much information. I was just wondering does anyone here know anything about it? My loved one is there, he just arrived today from a USP and we want to go see him soon, mom, cousins, etc... Just kind of wondering where it is and what it is like. We saw him at the USP and that was easy, but just wondering what things are like up there.

Thanks for any info that you can provide.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2007, 01:39 AM
johnswoman

the only thing i know about it is that it is a fairly new prison. you can go to the fbop website and check it out. my guy is in atwater and he figures he will be going to herlong soon. good luck
Old 06-02-2007, 11:10 PM

My husband is at Herlong right now, he has been there since July of 07, I use to go up every other weekend but have stopped it now because of the Staff. My husband was one of the first set of inmates to be transfered there. what would you like to know about the prison
The Following User Says Thank You to VanillaKimmy For This Useful Post:
LOVE*FAITH (06-18-2012)
Old 04-30-2008, 01:57 AM

Smile

My friend is at Herlong. I make the trip with a friend of mine. If you go to Herlong you have to be there no later by 9:15am or you'll have to wait till 11:45am to go in. Vists start at 8am and last till 3pm. They have visitations on weekends and some holidays. For me to get to Herlong from Sacramento, CA i have to go to Reno, NV then take Reno to Susanville which takes me back into California. Weird i know! Will be looking for a ride soon, so if you know of anyone looking, i am looking to hitch a ride.
Robin
Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM

Default Son going to FPC Herlong

Can you give me any info on programs offered at Herlong for inmates. Like leatherworking, classes, fire programs, etc. Any other infor would be great.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
WhereEverUGoI'llFollow

Question Need info on Herlong Federal Institution Please

My brother was moved from arkansas to Herlong, CA, sadly to say i havent seen my brother in over 18 years. We have talked over the phone, just not recently. He's a lifer who has served 18 years so far at the age of only 48. i love him to death but can stand the pain of him never coming home, i should also mention that my husband is currently waiting in the Alameda county jail in Calif.to serve a sentance of 4 years . anyway it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could share some info on Herlong. is there a way to get a one time visit before im approved? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
danabro

son is goin there..wonderin if u ever got any info on Herlong? Thank You, Dana
Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 AM

if you plan on visiting anyone in herlong make a weekend of it in reno nevada. herlong is about 45 minutes north. Often you can get a visitor to come on friday, sat and sunday. Since its in the middle of nowhere, try to visit your lvoed one for the 3 days.

Take money for the vending machnes. Herlong gets crap recycled military food, so anyting from commisary or vending is much better.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 PM

Great.. my man's been going from one shitty place to the next. good thing he's got money on his books when he finally gets there!
So, how exactly does the visiting work? How long does it take to get approved? It took me about 3 weeks to get approved for the State Prison.. what's different between state and federal prisons? How many visits can you get and how long are the visits?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Donation Award 

Herlong is all new to me i am lost but have had some great help from some people on here... Today is our 1st day of fed prison.... But have had good feed bank and postive things about herlong.... Thank god for wonderful people on here for the info and support
good luck and god bless
Old 09-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks i will be going to ca. To see him it's a long trip but i will br going
thanks for the info !!!!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 02:50 AM

Smile FCI Herlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_Manda View Post
Great.. my man's been going from one shitty place to the next. good thing he's got money on his books when he finally gets there!
So, how exactly does the visiting work? How long does it take to get approved? It took me about 3 weeks to get approved for the State Prison.. what's different between state and federal prisons? How many visits can you get and how long are the visits?
My son is at Herlong. The visiting hours are from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday, Sunday and Federal holidays. They are thinking about adding Friday one day a month so people having to travel long distances can have more time. You will not be allowed to enter the visiting area from between 9:15 and 10:45 as that is the time a count is done. Either arrive before 9:15 or after 10:45. I have found the staff at Herlong to be very nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ireys For This Useful Post:
Lonelywaiting (05-23-2010), Waiting510 (10-18-2013)
Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 AM

My fiance is there now and he likes it. He says the food is good and it's all you can eat. He told me he doesn't even have to buy commissary.. So whoever says it's crap recycled foods obviously doesn't know.. My fiance has had crap, and he says this is good. Tomorrow they are having a barbecue (steak and ribs) and the prison band is playing. He's pretty excited. The guard told my fiance they don't care about tat's and smoking as long as you stay out of trouble. They are working on getting the RDAP program and they also have the Unicore Program (working). They say if you're white it's a lot easier. The white boys stand united. They work out together and chill together.. They have different types of classes such as oil paintings, psychology, marketing (these are what my fiance is getting in to). There is probably more, but I am not sure of what. We are thinking about getting married while he's in there and if so we'll get an extra long visit, I can have some family, they'll let us take pictures, I can wear my own dress, and after wards he was told they will help me financially because I am 19 with an 8 month old baby.. It's free range, so you get to go about where you want.. Most people prefer the yard obviously.. They have email there; it's 5 cents a minute but it's cheaper then calls. They have satellite TV and radio. Uhh, yeah can't think of more right now, but.. my fiance likes it there, and he says the guards are nice and it's laid back and not much violence.

The Following User Says Thank You to Momma_Manda For This Useful Post:
luquemarino (08-26-2010)
Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM
danabro

You really said all of that well and im sure your a great comfort 2 alot of people..Thank u Manda 4 getting it all out there..Its been a real blessing
meeting u and Tammy..Our guys r fine...Thank the good Lord..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danakurt For This Useful Post:
MOTHER OF HIM (02-13-2010)
Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 PM

Thanks Manda for the info! My fiance is going to be flown there this coming Wednesday, and I've been searching the web for more info and couldn't find much. He'll be staying at the camp. This is comforting to know that he will be able to do more and eat better than at county jail where he's been stuck for 9 months.

Btw, you mentioned getting married there.. do you have to be married to visit? We have two kids together, but not sure if I'll be able to visit..
Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
WhereEverUGoI'llFollow

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_Manda View Post
once my visisting form was recieved it took a week and my brother called and said i was approved. good luck!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 PM

Question Herlong SPC

My boyfriend and his brother will both be going to the Herlong SPC in November. We would appreciate any info. They will be going in about 2 weeks from each other. How many inmates are at the facility? What are the chances of them being housed together. Can they watch football? (seriously, that is what will keep them sane)
Old 10-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Sent you a private message.
They will be housed together. its just one camp.
100 inmates, bunk beds, warehouse like place.

Its boring, but there is TV. can watch all the tv that they want.
Its a shit hole, but as brothers they will be ok.

If you are close you can visit fridays, sat and sunday!
every week if you want.
just get a hotel room in herlong, susanville or reno.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Donation Award 

Hi, my son is in herlong fci it's a new pretty new prison ... I'm not to sure what spc is ? I do know my son has told me it's a camp next to the prison.
At the prison they have tv's jobs, internet. I think the prison holds about 1.500 people when full.... We live in nc and my son was sent to ca.. ! As i only know of the fci.... But it seems to be ok ... He's just so far away.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:35 PM
*****man's Wife

My husband just got to Herlong FCI been there about two weeks, he says its pretty nice for prison that is. He said its new and clean he has orientation next week and will find out about the education progams and sign up for a job. So far so good
Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 PM
*****man's Wife

My husband is there and he said the food is good. He had ribs the other day and says that being there is not bad. The only thing we hate is the 15 min phone calls we use to have 30 at the other place. BTW they only get 300 min Jan through October and 400 min November and Decemeber so use them wisely.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Default Herlong FPC

Does anyone have info on Herlong Camp. What is it like, any info would be appreciated. I know it is in the middle of no where - just like to know what the camp is like.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Donation Award 

my son is in the FCI in Herlong it is in the middle of no where, he said the camp is next to it. it's very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter

good luck
Old 01-13-2010, 04:18 AM

Do they allow conjugal visit there
Old 01-23-2010, 09:55 AM

No federal prisons allow conjical visits