Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the South Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 PM

Angry Make sure to register with Embarq to receive calls from Kirkland.

I'm not sure about all the prisons in SC but Kirkland R&E only work with Embarq the number is 1-888-664-7839. I set up and account with Securus when he was in Lexington county and Securus told me that they worked with Kirkland, they put me on hold to "check" he's been there for 2 weeks and i hadn't recieved a call so i called around today and was told to make and account with Embraq, Embraq told me that they could see that my boyfriend has made several attempts to call my phone, but since i had securus my number was blocked. When i called to cancel my account with Securus they want to wait and refund my money in FOUR WEEKS and they arent going to refund it all because they have to take "fees" out.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM

So what is your question? Or is you making a statement.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 PM

just making a statement for those who are new to the prison thing and got wrong information like i did.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brannonsgirl View Post
I'm not sure about all the prisons in SC but Kirkland R&E only work with Embarq the number is 1-888-664-7839. I set up and account with Securus when he was in Lexington county and Securus told me that they worked with Kirkland, they put me on hold to "check" he's been there for 2 weeks and i hadn't recieved a call so i called around today and was told to make and account with Embraq, Embraq told me that they could see that my boyfriend has made several attempts to call my phone, but since i had securus my number was blocked. When i called to cancel my account with Securus they want to wait and refund my money in FOUR WEEKS and they arent going to refund it all because they have to take "fees" out.
For all those out there new to the system, Embarq is the ONLY prepaid phone company that works with SCDC. This is true for ALL SCDC prisons. My husband was transferred from Aiken and I got the same speech about Securus working at Kirkland et al. They DO NOT. They have contracts with county jails, but not SCDC.

Just FYI so you are not shocked when your inmate tries to make calls to you and you are not able to receive them. It's Embarq or nothing.