Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:08 PM
AmyLynn

Smile How Did You Meet Your Loved One? How long have you been together?

Just curious how did you and your LO meet? How long after knowing each other did you officially become a couple? Who said I LOVE YOU first?

I love hearing other's stories. Talk to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2018, 11:10 PM
AmyLynn

Smile How long have you been together

Just curious how long you and your LO has been together? How did you guys officially meet? For the ones not married, any plans on marriage? What made you fall for yours? These stories are always fun.
Tinker8ell55 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 05:43 AM

Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,575 Posts

Met my husband through a friend she wanted him and he wanted me. Once we met there was no going back I knew we were meant to be. We are no longer friends with her. She tried to kill herself when he chose me. Wow.
I said I love you first and he immediately said it after We always celebrate our first time saying I love you our first kiss and the first time we made love ( I send him cards) But when he is home we actually go back to the very spot we had our fist first kiss and do it all over again
We've been together over 8 years and have been married almost 6. He is my best friend and the love of my life. I would do it all over again.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:01 AM

Me and my LO are MWI.

We are actually from the same town and prior to his arrest we lived only ONE MILE apart, but I didn't cross paths with him until browsing a prison pen-pal site (WAP) out of pure curiosity after watching a few too many hours of the show Lock-Up. Wasn't planning to write anyone but came across his profile and saw he was from the same town as me so I wrote him a quick hello thinking he might want to hear from someone back home.

We started writing and I went to visit him for the first time February 2016 which is I guess when we made it official we were MWI. Fast forward to now, after being a couple for over 2 years, we are engaged with plans to marry when he is a free man....but have agreed not to rush marriage because we need to first date outside of prison.

What made me fall for him? His smile, sense of humor, sensitivity, intelligence, our similarities and differences, his caring loving heart, his strength and so much more.

We have a long road ahead of us, but I'm up for the challenge because now that he is in my life I couldn't imagine being without him.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
candy (03-19-2018), ItsMe81 (03-17-2018), nygirl17 (03-17-2018), Sarianna (03-17-2018), Tinker8ell55 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 08:10 AM

We began as penpals (I'm in the UK and he's in NV) and became a couple after around 6 months. We both knew that we had feelings for each other and our letters telling each other that we had fallen in love actually crossed in the post, he received his letter from me on the exact day that I received his. We've been a couple for 5 years and married for 2 and a half years
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-17-2018), Tinker8ell55 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 08:37 PM

We meet on Facebook, He came to hang out with me and we clicked so well he never left lol. We have been together 2yrs. He said I love you first. His baby blue eyes ,handsome face,and his very big heart is what makes me love him oh so very much. As for marriage, I'm not sure. He want's to marry me, but I am not sure how I feel about marriage, been there before got hurt pretty bad, I will say this when we first met getting married was a big no for me, but I can say we have talked about it so he might be wearing me down lol. He is my best friend, my person for sure. My life was forever changed the day he came into it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy&Me For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 08:59 PM

We were both 19 yrs old and worked at the mall but in different stores. A friend of his (a gal I worked with) introduced us after I told her I thought he was cute. We went on a date and were together for some yrs after that. We suffered a tragic loss and parted ways. A few yrs after our break up he was arrested. Life happened. 20 yrs later I reached out and now we are reunited and here we are today. I love everything about this man and always have. I love his mind, his values and goals, his sense of loyalty and family and the way he is fiercely protective of me and my children, but most of all I love the way he handles me and my heart. He knows me better than I know myself. He truly is my best friend. He has mentioned marriage a couple of times recently but his goal is to get out in about a month and spend the next two years finishing his bachelors degree. He says then we’ll get married. And then there’s all the physical things!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 10:20 AM

I was on a 3 month holiday in Georgia 15 years ago, he was working there and we met and had the best 2 months of my life After i came home it just fizzled out. Then about 7 years ago after he had been sent down he sent a letter to the address he had for me in the UK and I was still living there, I wrote back and the feelings we had returned, He told me he had never forgotten the girl with the red hair, and he told me he loved me about 6 months after we started writing Hope to go back to see him next year ,Its a long time coming
Old 03-19-2018, 10:55 AM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker8ell55 View Post
I was on a 3 month holiday in Georgia 15 years ago, he was working there and we met and had the best 2 months of my life After i came home it just fizzled out. Then about 7 years ago after he had been sent down he sent a letter to the address he had for me in the UK and I was still living there, I wrote back and the feelings we had returned, He told me he had never forgotten the girl with the red hair, and he told me he loved me about 6 months after we started writing Hope to go back to see him next year ,Its a long time coming
I always like to hear people reuniting. Thanks for sharing.
Tinker8ell55 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,462 Posts

I found him on a pen-pal site over 3 years ago and it was a great connection from the beginning - but I wasn't looking for love, I don't know about him. I had just lost my father to cancer and I think I wanted to have someone to "talk to" and I felt like I had this overflowing heart which I wanted to share and make someone's day brighter after my father died. Didn't know where to put all my misc. feelings I had at the time.

We wrote and talked on the phone and eventually I visited after writing for one year for the first time and last summer he told me he's in love with me, wrote the best letter I've ever received and I told him I'm in love with him, too. Felt it creeping up on me for awhile but I was somewhat apprehensive.

I've always been somewhat cautious and I'm in no rush for anything. So I'm just riding that wonderful wave and enjoying every minute of it and counting down the days until my next visit at the end of April and middle of May.

Marriage... I don't know. Not as long as he's in. I want him to come home first. He's been incarcerated for 24+ years so no rush and expectations here. I just want him to be happy and I want me to be happy. Together would be the best but I'm relaxed.
He needs to come home first.
lolo21216 (03-19-2018), Tinker8ell55 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 12:57 PM
Billy's Sweetheart

I met Billy years ago in high school, 27 years ago. We dated off and on, but never really made a go of anything.

Recently we reconnected through some very interesting circumstances. His brother is my son's father, and I had to find the brother for my son for family medical history purposes.

Well instead I found Billy, and since he was the only one I could locate, I wrote the first letter. In the process of all this we started writing letters, and found out that there was something there between us that we wanted to explore. We've been writing ever since, he calls at least twice a week, and I've actually been able to make the trip out there once since we reconnected.

He was the first to tell me he loved me. I am planning to move out there(Texas) once I can tie up all the loose ends here in NC, to be with him. And I'll need a job once I get there, so anybody that knows of something out that way, let me know!

Marriage? We've talked about it, but haven't made any definite plans, he still has several years to go yet. But both of us have already said that yes, we would marry in a heartbeat. I just can't see anything in my future without him.

Last edited by Billys_Lady; 03-19-2018 at 01:03 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Billys_Lady For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-19-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 02:07 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Be prepared for a tome. It's long, very convoluted, and some people say made-for-TV-movie.

We met when we were 11. Or he might have JUST turned 12, I don't remember the exact date, but I knew it was in April of 1994 and I was 11 years old (his birthday is in April so he was close to 12 if he wasn't already.)

We met at a park, he was sitting in a tree. My mom was talking to his mom about the possibility of homeschooling me (he and all of his siblings were homeschooled.) So I ended up climbing the tree to chat with him (he was in it all alone, and the other trees were filled with other kids.) We chatted for a bit but had nothing in common, he jumped down and went to get water and didn't come back for half an hour, I guess he went to do something else.

Half an hour later I was still stuck in the tree. The other kids had gotten out of theirs and were pointing and laughing at me and I was crying. And then oh no, he comes over, definitely saw me crying and I thought any chance of him liking me was over. To my surprise he yelled at the kids for laughing at me, proceeded to help me out of the tree, and then wiped my tears away with his thumb. At 12.

And I was in love with him from that day forward. It might not have come to anything if he hadn't been assigned to the same sports team as me the following autumn, when he continued to protect me from bullies.

There were times when we didn't see each other for a year, but when we did see each other it was as if our friendship was never broken. There were times when his parents banned him from talking to me (because homeschoolers have weird dating rules.) When they moved away when I was 17, they banned further contact with me.

At 20 he was still the one I loved. And I was going to tell him. I was in the state his parents had moved to, I went to visit them... and they told me he was dead.

The reality is, he had committed his crime and gone to prison. They just didn't want to tell me.

I grieved so badly that I was hospitalized for dehydration and had a feeding tube. Somehow in that year I convinced that I was still young, someone else would love me. So I decided to try to live.

I met my late husband at 21 and married him at 27. 6 months later I found out M was actually alive, in prison, and what he had done, and I couldn't believe it of him. It didn't make sense. I almost DIDN'T write him. But then I decided that he was there for me when I had no friends and desperately needed one, and it was my turn to be there for him.

His first letter came back five months later. He had been too shocked out of his mind to respond- you see, when his parents told me he had died in a car accident, they told HIM that I had died the same way.

It took a hand-written letter to him, seeing my writing (we had been debate partners one year) for him to realize that I wasn't actually bullshitting him, that it was ME, and I was ALIVE.

Two years later, he admitted that he loved me, that he always loved me. But there was a problem- I was still married, and I DID love my husband and would not leave him. But I already knew that my late husband was going to die young. I told M about this, and told him that if he loved me, he could wait a few more years. His next letter, he asked me to marry him next. And I responded that I would. And that really was that. We never really dated at all.

Even his admission that he loved me was enough for the counselors at the prison to ban him from writing me for a year and a half. He still got letters I sent, he just was unable to write and call me in response. But we'd been through this no contact thing before and could do it again. Hell, it had been TEN YEARS of no contact from 17 to 27 and our friendship was the same. It had been like the time hadn't elapsed. We had both changed, but changed in the same direction.

My late husband knew about our relationship and that we did plan on marrying each other. He was fine with it, because my love was not taken from him and he knew that I would stay until the end.

I can't say for certain how long we've been in a relationship with each other. To those who understand the tricky dynamics of our relationship and the fact that my late husband had a terminal illness from the beginning, I like to count it from December 2012 when we first exchanged our "I love you"s. Even my family, conservative Christians, feel that's when it began, and they also don't think we were in the wrong since I didn't even go to visit him until after my late husband died (which was April 1st, 2016.)

But there are some where I will say June 24th 2016, which was our first visit, and the first time we'd seen each other in 16 years 2 months and 10 days. And he more officially proposed that day.

We married on May 27, 2017. I had wanted to marry him since I was 12.

He got out into a halfway house on September 1st. Sadly, on October 10th, his new parole officer and "therapist" decided that since I'm a poor, disabled widow, he must have "manipulated" me into marrying him by saying I couldn't get anyone better, etc., and banned all contact between us for an indeterminate length of time.

I haven't heard from him since. But we've survived no contact before. It seems our fate to go through periods of this. But we've proven that our relationship is stronger than this and we'll survive it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Revenwyn For This Useful Post:
Weeeblee (03-27-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 02:15 AM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
Be prepared for a tome. It's long, very convoluted, and some people say made-for-TV-movie.

We met when we were 11. Or he might have JUST turned 12, I don't remember the exact date, but I knew it was in April of 1994 and I was 11 years old (his birthday is in April so he was close to 12 if he wasn't already.)

We met at a park, he was sitting in a tree. My mom was talking to his mom about the possibility of homeschooling me (he and all of his siblings were homeschooled.) So I ended up climbing the tree to chat with him (he was in it all alone, and the other trees were filled with other kids.) We chatted for a bit but had nothing in common, he jumped down and went to get water and didn't come back for half an hour, I guess he went to do something else.

Half an hour later I was still stuck in the tree. The other kids had gotten out of theirs and were pointing and laughing at me and I was crying. And then oh no, he comes over, definitely saw me crying and I thought any chance of him liking me was over. To my surprise he yelled at the kids for laughing at me, proceeded to help me out of the tree, and then wiped my tears away with his thumb. At 12.

And I was in love with him from that day forward. It might not have come to anything if he hadn't been assigned to the same sports team as me the following autumn, when he continued to protect me from bullies.

There were times when we didn't see each other for a year, but when we did see each other it was as if our friendship was never broken. There were times when his parents banned him from talking to me (because homeschoolers have weird dating rules.) When they moved away when I was 17, they banned further contact with me.

At 20 he was still the one I loved. And I was going to tell him. I was in the state his parents had moved to, I went to visit them... and they told me he was dead.

The reality is, he had committed his crime and gone to prison. They just didn't want to tell me.

I grieved so badly that I was hospitalized for dehydration and had a feeding tube. Somehow in that year I convinced that I was still young, someone else would love me. So I decided to try to live.

I met my late husband at 21 and married him at 27. 6 months later I found out M was actually alive, in prison, and what he had done, and I couldn't believe it of him. It didn't make sense. I almost DIDN'T write him. But then I decided that he was there for me when I had no friends and desperately needed one, and it was my turn to be there for him.

His first letter came back five months later. He had been too shocked out of his mind to respond- you see, when his parents told me he had died in a car accident, they told HIM that I had died the same way.

It took a hand-written letter to him, seeing my writing (we had been debate partners one year) for him to realize that I wasn't actually bullshitting him, that it was ME, and I was ALIVE.

Two years later, he admitted that he loved me, that he always loved me. But there was a problem- I was still married, and I DID love my husband and would not leave him. But I already knew that my late husband was going to die young. I told M about this, and told him that if he loved me, he could wait a few more years. His next letter, he asked me to marry him next. And I responded that I would. And that really was that. We never really dated at all.

Even his admission that he loved me was enough for the counselors at the prison to ban him from writing me for a year and a half. He still got letters I sent, he just was unable to write and call me in response. But we'd been through this no contact thing before and could do it again. Hell, it had been TEN YEARS of no contact from 17 to 27 and our friendship was the same. It had been like the time hadn't elapsed. We had both changed, but changed in the same direction.

My late husband knew about our relationship and that we did plan on marrying each other. He was fine with it, because my love was not taken from him and he knew that I would stay until the end.

I can't say for certain how long we've been in a relationship with each other. To those who understand the tricky dynamics of our relationship and the fact that my late husband had a terminal illness from the beginning, I like to count it from December 2012 when we first exchanged our "I love you"s. Even my family, conservative Christians, feel that's when it began, and they also don't think we were in the wrong since I didn't even go to visit him until after my late husband died (which was April 1st, 2016.)

But there are some where I will say June 24th 2016, which was our first visit, and the first time we'd seen each other in 16 years 2 months and 10 days. And he more officially proposed that day.

We married on May 27, 2017. I had wanted to marry him since I was 12.

He got out into a halfway house on September 1st. Sadly, on October 10th, his new parole officer and "therapist" decided that since I'm a poor, disabled widow, he must have "manipulated" me into marrying him by saying I couldn't get anyone better, etc., and banned all contact between us for an indeterminate length of time.

I haven't heard from him since. But we've survived no contact before. It seems our fate to go through periods of this. But we've proven that our relationship is stronger than this and we'll survive it again.
If you don't mind me asking why so much banning from being in contact? It went from his parents, to the counselor at the prison, and the therapist and parole officer.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:34 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
If you don't mind me asking why so much banning from being in contact? It went from his parents, to the counselor at the prison, and the therapist and parole officer.
1. Our families were fundamentalist Christian homeschoolers. Boys and girls were not supposed to be best friends. Dating was considered sinful and he had not asked my family to court me (he wasn't certain that I liked him like that and I wasn't allowed to tell him, besides we were still teens) but his family was afraid that he was "leading me on," and causing me to "commit emotional adultery against my future spouse," (yes, that's a belief in these circles) so that's why the ban.

2. In prison the no-contact order was literally for planning an eventual future with me. He later told me it wasn't as much an order as a threat- basically they said they did not approve of contacting a woman in a romantic fashion (due to the program he was in) and that if he didn't stop they would list him as program non-compliant and have his parole hearing revoked as a result.

3. This last one was due to therapist and parole officer prejudice against his type of parolee (because of personal trauma.) First meeting they told him he should never have gotten out and that they would not rest until he was back behind bars. Our relationship looked suspicious to them, like he was playing on my poor disabled widow status and manipulating me, despite the fact that he wrote an entire history of our relationship out for them. They didn't bother to read it, they refused to even talk to me, he has a new PO now but the therapist lied and told the new PO that we have had significant, extensive 3rd party contact. We have not had ANY messages passed through another person.
She just has a vendetta against him and thinks he will fail and go back to prison without me in his life.

Unfortunately it seems the new PO is falling for the bullshit.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:44 AM
AmyLynn

Wow Reven that's gotta be hard not being able to contact at all. That would drive me crazy. Did you at least have contact when you were able to get married?
Old 03-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
Wow Reven that's gotta be hard not being able to contact at all. That would drive me crazy. Did you at least have contact when you were able to get married?
Yeah we married at visit in prison. In Colorado you don't need an officiant or witnesses, just the license. His mom came to visit to be a witness anyway. They do not have any other marriage process in Colorado prisons, and the only reason we were allowed to even do what we did was because he had an indeterminate (possibly to life) sentence. He had just been denied parole again when we married.

To get the license I had a send a form in to him stating he couldn't pick up the license with me. I had to pay for a notary to come in to see his ID and sign the document as well.

He is not technically on parole yet- he must complete the halfway house program to be granted parole.

It's tough for me right now, I am coming up on 2 years since my late husband died and now I don't even have the one who helped me process it all. My brain feels like I have lost two husbands in two years.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Plsmith52

Smile

Does anyone know how to donate a pair of tennis shoes to William S Keys Prison, in Ft. Supply, Ok.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:20 PM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plsmith52 View Post
Does anyone know how to donate a pair of tennis shoes to William S Keys Prison, in Ft. Supply, Ok.
Im not sure. Maybe you can look up that prison he is at and call them and ask. Or maybe you can find the Oklahoma forum and someone can help you with that question. I'm sorry I wish I could be more of help to you.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:48 PM

My boyfriend and I were childhood friends we met at age 12. He was also a good friend of my brother and spent a lot of time with my family. We ended up on different paths in life, but reconnected about a year ago. We have been officially dating since January 1, 2018, but our feelings grew before that. We have a lot of memories growing up, being in school together, etc. We were suspended together in 8th grade and I have vivid memory of us sitting in the principle office together laughing at nonsense. He told me about the first time he saw me in our neighborhood and can describe so many things in great detail that have slipped my mind. My family loves him in terms of the person they knew when I was growing up and love him as a friend of mine and my brother, but they are struggling to accept him as my boyfriend. I am also in contact with his family and I really look forward to our future. His scheduled release date is 1 year from tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:10 PM

Met my bf on a dating website, he messaged me, and I almost didn't contact him because he seemed like a bit of a asshole in his profile lol!! but then I realized after reading it, he seemed to be honest in his profile which is probably why it came of as assholish lol! So thought wth!
I wasn't at all interested in a relationship at the time because after trying with one other dude whom I thought truly wanted a relationship, but as the typical story goes when the guy gives off all the "I really like you and want to be in a relationship" but it was really, "I want you to think there is hope there, but nope don't want a relationship, but I will still make you believe I do".

When my bf and I started talking I made it clear that I did not want a relationship, just a F** buddy for when I had a free weekend and no kids and just date thats it. As soon as I said that, he never left! LOL! .... I truly didn't want him to leave either, because we got along so well it was like a breath of fresh air, we both felt we didn't have to hide anything. About six or so months later we were talking about how we met and I asked him why as soon as I said what type of relationship I wanted at the beginning, he never left lol and he said, because I was so sincere and honest about what I wanted, and that I listened to him and that he could have an actual conversation with me, that he felt he couldn't let me go and truly wanted to keep me. And the way he explained all that, so honestly and sincerely about how he felt when he first met me, I fell more in love with him. He's a beautiful man, genuine, honest and to others he may come across as rough and too honest (and that does get him in to trouble from time to time), and supposedly since being with me according to his mom, sister and grandmother they have never seen him so settled, happy and making positive changes. All though, one trouble I have had other then is prison stints, it trust issues and not with him thinking I am cheating on him and so forth, but trust in that he can count on me to be there for him and he doesn't have to do anything in life alone, that I am there next to him always, that has taken some time to establish.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to char_hart80 For This Useful Post:
Hurley123 (03-20-2018), ItsMe81 (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:02 PM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by char_hart80 View Post
Met my bf on a dating website, he messaged me, and I almost didn't contact him because he seemed like a bit of a asshole in his profile lol!! but then I realized after reading it, he seemed to be honest in his profile which is probably why it came of as assholish lol! So thought wth!
I wasn't at all interested in a relationship at the time because after trying with one other dude whom I thought truly wanted a relationship, but as the typical story goes when the guy gives off all the "I really like you and want to be in a relationship" but it was really, "I want you to think there is hope there, but nope don't want a relationship, but I will still make you believe I do".

When my bf and I started talking I made it clear that I did not want a relationship, just a F** buddy for when I had a free weekend and no kids and just date thats it. As soon as I said that, he never left! LOL! .... I truly didn't want him to leave either, because we got along so well it was like a breath of fresh air, we both felt we didn't have to hide anything. About six or so months later we were talking about how we met and I asked him why as soon as I said what type of relationship I wanted at the beginning, he never left lol and he said, because I was so sincere and honest about what I wanted, and that I listened to him and that he could have an actual conversation with me, that he felt he couldn't let me go and truly wanted to keep me. And the way he explained all that, so honestly and sincerely about how he felt when he first met me, I fell more in love with him. He's a beautiful man, genuine, honest and to others he may come across as rough and too honest (and that does get him in to trouble from time to time), and supposedly since being with me according to his mom, sister and grandmother they have never seen him so settled, happy and making positive changes. All though, one trouble I have had other then is prison stints, it trust issues and not with him thinking I am cheating on him and so forth, but trust in that he can count on me to be there for him and he doesn't have to do anything in life alone, that I am there next to him always, that has taken some time to establish.
I think their minds get the best of them sometimes and they always wonder is she really gonna stay? You know its gotta get the best of them sometimes. They can know deep down but prison always makes someone wonder.
char_hart80 (03-25-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 03:25 AM

I met him on a pen pal site. I had written 3 inmates and I ended up Picking out Tony of the 3 to be my one and only. He was the one who appriciated me the most.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:09 PM

We met on a dating app. He lived 2 1/2 miles from me. He picked me up for a date and I thought he was pretty full of himself so I played things very casually for a bit. When he bought me this gorgeous designer dress I was lusting after, I fell for him hard. That was in 2014..
The Following User Says Thank You to Daddysgal For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (04-02-2018)