Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Juvenile
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Juvenile Discussion of everything related to minors in the criminal justice system: juvenile detention, courts, rights, and family support.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:54 PM

MicheleCJr
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I can't tell you how much it means to know there are other parents going through the same thing. I live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone else's business, but only gossips about it, doesn't really try to help out in any way.
I am looking forward to a visit to the State Training School this weekend. I work every other weekend so can only make it on the weekends I don't work. It is a 4 hour round trip. They do allow siblings to visit, so I am able to take my 13 and 4 year old. They love to see their brother and I think it's theraputic for all 3 of them. I am trying to keep our family as "normal" as possible while we are separated.
By the way, my husband was born and raised Catholic and claims to be a good Christian. How can I help him to see that being not only a good Christian but also a good person depends on forgiveness. Also, my son has joined the Bible Study group in his cottage and asked my to send his Bible. Very Encouraging!!!
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 PM

Kyle's Mom,

Sorry this post is so long but I felt the need to post this scripture. One of the ways that I live my life is to forgive others (again it isn't easy but I do try....I also ask for forgiveness even if I feel as if I am not in the wrong). The scripture below may help your dh since it is so powerful. It states "forgive and you will be forgiven" I can't even imagine if God didn't forgive me of my sins. I would surely be going to hell if I wasn't forgiven....so it is right to forgive so that I may also be forgiven. If your dh sees scripture to guide him, he may reconsider. Praise God that your son is seeing that He is the only one that is with him night and day!

Luke 6:37-42

Judging Others

37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

39He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher. 41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Be Blessed!

Proverbs 30:5 NLT
Old 11-03-2006, 07:01 PM

hey im lindsay-ive had friends go in and out of jail and prison lately. my uncles in wasco for i think 5 more months.
but myself am being charged with
possession/driving a stolen vehicle
resisting arrest
possession of narcatics parafanilia 2nd offence

(the person i was with stole the car the night before and i never met him before that night but he jumped out the window while the car was still moving after cops started fallowing us and got away so 12-14 squad cars, 5-6k9 vehicles, a helicopter,a trip to the er being handcuffed to a bed getting stitches in my leg for a cut that almost tore down to my bone, 6 and a half hours of sitting back and forth between the curb and back of squard cars they didnt catch him (even though they saw him in the beginning), didnt believe any of my story and thought i was lying to them about everything they finally took me to the station but on the car ride there remember 6 and half hours later he kept askin the same questions and being a dick like he said himself "i dont like you and i am gunna be a dick add in more charges cuz im the fucking po-lice and i can" i finally said i refuse to answer anymore questions until either my mother is called and notified(they didnt call her til we got to the station at 7:15am i was in cuffs at 1am) or i had anattorney present they cop just said "thats fine you wanna be a little bitch and get an attitude your going to juvi" so they booked me called my mom just to say "this is torrance pd and im calling to tell you we have had your daughter in custody all night and she is going to juvi you can contact them for more info goodbye" but at the last minute juvi told them they couldnt take me cuz of the seriousness of my cut so he was forced to release me to my mom but now i still have to go to court for 2 felonies and a mistamiener i was pretty much at the wrong place at the wrong time!

i think its garunteed i am going to be charged as anadult because i got to court dec 19th and i turn 18 jan 11th

i just have no clue what is going to happen but i think it will end up being jail time what do ya think?

also does anyone know where i can find my mug shots and records online where i dont have to pay i live in los angeles county if that helps anyone

thank you
lindsay
Old 11-05-2006, 07:23 AM

Hello to everyone in the juvinile forum,

I have had to deal with the juvinile justice way to much and I truly feel for everyone in this situation.I have 4 sons and all of them have had run ins with the law and all have spent some time in the detition center and other programs, boot camp ect.And then Shawn our 17 year old was sentanced as an adult on his 17th birthday to 2 1/2 years in prison as a juvinile offender and is now in Sumter CI boot camp.I have read all of your post and I understand everyones pain if anyone needs info on Florida juvinile programs please feel free to ask me or if you just need to talk.PM me anytime.

Shawns mom
Old 11-05-2006, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay_kaye
hey im lindsay-ive had friends go in and out of jail and prison lately. my uncles in wasco for i think 5 more months.
but myself am being charged with
possession/driving a stolen vehicle
resisting arrest
possession of narcatics parafanilia 2nd offence

(the person i was with stole the car the night before and i never met him before that night but he jumped out the window while the car was still moving after cops started fallowing us and got away so 12-14 squad cars, 5-6k9 vehicles, a helicopter,a trip to the er being handcuffed to a bed getting stitches in my leg for a cut that almost tore down to my bone, 6 and a half hours of sitting back and forth between the curb and back of squard cars they didnt catch him (even though they saw him in the beginning), didnt believe any of my story and thought i was lying to them about everything they finally took me to the station but on the car ride there remember 6 and half hours later he kept askin the same questions and being a dick like he said himself "i dont like you and i am gunna be a dick add in more charges cuz im the fucking po-lice and i can" i finally said i refuse to answer anymore questions until either my mother is called and notified(they didnt call her til we got to the station at 7:15am i was in cuffs at 1am) or i had anattorney present they cop just said "thats fine you wanna be a little bitch and get an attitude your going to juvi" so they booked me called my mom just to say "this is torrance pd and im calling to tell you we have had your daughter in custody all night and she is going to juvi you can contact them for more info goodbye" but at the last minute juvi told them they couldnt take me cuz of the seriousness of my cut so he was forced to release me to my mom but now i still have to go to court for 2 felonies and a mistamiener i was pretty much at the wrong place at the wrong time!

i think its garunteed i am going to be charged as anadult because i got to court dec 19th and i turn 18 jan 11th

i just have no clue what is going to happen but i think it will end up being jail time what do ya think?

also does anyone know where i can find my mug shots and records online where i dont have to pay i live in los angeles county if that helps anyone

thank you
lindsay
Lindsay,

Just because you are going to be 18 doesn't mean you will be charged as an adult, because you were 17 a juvinile when the crime occured,now they may charge you as an adult because of the crime itself and if you have a past criminal record thats up to the DA.I wish you well.

Shawns mom
Old 11-06-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawns Mom
Lindsay,

Just because you are going to be 18 doesn't mean you will be charged as an adult, because you were 17 a juvinile when the crime occured,now they may charge you as an adult because of the crime itself and if you have a past criminal record thats up to the DA.I wish you well.

Shawns mom
yeah i can almost guarntee i'll be charged as an adult. but as far as my past ive had.
-5 or 6 run aways
-possession of controlled substance:marijaunia parafanielia less than 2 ounces, a pipe
-pety theft
-possession of tobacco

so i have no idea whats gunna happen i just want to find out as much as i can so i can prepare myself for the worst if it happens also so it wont be such a shock to me
Old 11-09-2006, 12:21 AM
ANTHONY'S LOYAL LADY

Hi There...I dont even know if anyone will see this...it seems to have been a while since anyone has left a message , but oh well...I am a mother of 5, my oldest girl is in right now, and I'd love to meet others going through the same thing, or maybe have in the past even. I live in a prison town, and my fiance is in one of ours...(CCC).So needless to say, I am not exactly living in friendly territory. I look forward to meeting some new people.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Here I am again

My 15 year old son Jose is going to court tomorrw this is his 7th time in this time he is going with a Felony Assault charge... I was told that he will most likely go to CYA... Can anyone tell me about CYA? Patty
Old 12-15-2006, 07:46 PM

Question Plan for the future?

Hello,My name is Sheila ,Lake county,Ohio and my son is serving time as a "guest"of the Ohio Department of Youth Services.He is serving a 1-3 1/2 sentence.While his story is probably similar to many of your own I need help finding support & rehab after he gets out.I very afraid that because of limitations that may be in place he will revert to behaviors that put him in this position to begin with.I'm talking about finding a job so he can pay restitution,getting transportation to and from work(public transport is not viable),Avoiding the others involved,Continuing his education,Learning how to be a responsible young man.Note:my son was in extensive counseling for several years prior to his offences,no prior juvinile record.He is ADHD,OCD,Minor ODD.A major part of couseling was "confinment to home" and 24/7 monitoring by school and family.Subsequently he does not know how to behave as a typical teen.(friends,girls)Any reasonable suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 AM
son in confinement

Red face What a wonderful Place to Find - the Juvenile Forum

I am the grandmother of a 14 year old, who I have adopted as my son, also.
He was taken to a Youth Correctional Facility today and I would like so learn more and feel more comfortable that this may indeed help and not make situations worse for him. Can you tell me how to go about receiving more information from others who have experienced this fearfully unknown walk in life at a young age.

I tried so hard for months to find a foster home that could help him with continued counseling, but in our small rural location, no such place was accepted by the court and the Judge felt he must take this route. I miss him very much and wish I could have made a better option for him. My husband died in May and he was my grandson's best friend and role model since birth. His grief and hurt from being give up for adoption from my daughter has made him feel rejected, abandoned by both grandpa and mother and misunderstood.

Please, tell me what is the intake like, how long might it be before he will be able to call me and what can I do to make this horribe transition in life easier for him, thus making me feel like I am doing something positive.

Appreciate a reply or any support you might give.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Unhappy confused mom...

my Son Is 14 Years Old. I Have Been A Single Mom Almost All His Life. Last Year He Started Getting Into Alot Of Trouble At School. We Have Been In Court Twice Now For Him Stealing At School.
Each Time They Have Put Him On A Small Probation.
He Failed A Drug Test And I Now Have Him In Councelling.
He Know He Lies To Me Constantly.
He Hangs Around The Wrong Kind Of Children.
I Keep Him Punished Most Of The Time But Then Feel Sorry For Him And Give Him A Little Freedom Just To Have Him Do Something Else.
He Has Only Met His Dad Once. He Has Been In And Out Of Prison Most Of His Life.
I Try My Best To Be A Good Mother. I Work Hard And Have Now Started College (juvinile Justice). I Want To Work With Children With Behavorial Problems.
I Give My Son So Much Love. I Constantly Try To Talk To Him And Let Him Know How Much I Do Love Him.
I Feel That I Am Loosing Him And Don't Know What To Do.
He Just Doesn't Seem To Care About Anything Anymore.
His Grades Are Poor. He Will Not Partisipate In Any School Functions. He Is Smoking.
I Really Need Help. He Is The Only Thing That I Have In This Worle. He Is My Life. My Son
Any Advice Would Be Appreciated...
*sammi*
Old 03-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Donation Award 

Anybody have or had a son at hillcrest Juvenile Hall
Old 04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Donation Award 

Default San Mateo County Hillcrest Juvenile Hall Please read!

Child shrink arrestedBy Dana YatesA well-known San Mateo psychiatrist was arrested yesterday after a year-long investigation into allegations he molested young patients for four decades.

Dr. William Ayres, 75, was arrested at his San Mateo home at approximately 6 p.m. yesterday on 14 counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14. He was booked into San Mateo County Jail where his bail was set at $1.5 million, said San Mateo police

Capt. Mike Callagy.

The 14 counts relate to “several” patients who saw Ayres between 1988 and 2005. There are “numerous” victims who saw Ayres before 1988, but he cannot be charged for those alleged crimes because they are beyond the statue of limitations. The U.S. Supreme Court ruling making 1988 the cutoff for the statute of limitations was decided in 2003, when San Mateo police were already investigating one allegation against Ayres.

Ayres was once a highly regarded psychiatrist. He is the past president of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and served on the Children and Families First Commission of San Mateo County.

The San Mateo County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution in honor of Ayres’ service to the commission in 2002, just before he resigned from the organization.

“This is an unprecedented case [in San Mateo] because it’s taken place over several decades,” Callagy said.

In 2002, a victim reported the alleged abuse to the San Mateo Police Department. He told police he was abused by Ayres while being treated as a teenager in the 1970s. He told police he was molested multiple times by Ayres. While investigating the allegation, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled the statue of limitations spans to 1988, leaving police without an opportunity to charge Ayres.

The victim pursued a civil case against Ayres and settled out of court in July, 2005. The case drew media attention and resulted in numerous other victims coming forward to report sexual abuse by Ayres, Callagy said.

Based on the number of reported cases, San Mateo police obtained a search warrant allowing investigators to seize more than 800 names of patients. The search warrant was executed on March 10, 2006 at Ayres home and storage locker. Working with the California Department of Justice, investigators spent the last year tracking down former patients to determine if they were victimized by Ayres, Callagy said.

The case remains active. Former patients who feel they were victimized by Ayres are encouraged to call Callagy at 522-7652.

“This case highlights the fact that even the trusted adults in your child’s life can perpetrate crimes against children. We encourage all parents to keep open lines of communication with their children,” Callagy said.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Donation Award 

Default Juvenile's Molested at Hillcrest San mateo County!

If your child has been sent to Hillcrest Juvenile Hall than you need to read this.

Please read

..> A well-known San Mateo psychiatrist was arrested yesterday after a year-long investigation into allegations he molested young patients for four decades.

Dr. William Ayres, 75, was arrested at his San Mateo home at approximately 6 p.m. yesterday on 14 counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14. He was booked into San Mateo County Jail where his bail was set at $1.5 million, said San Mateo police

Capt. Mike Callagy.

The 14 counts relate to "several" patients who saw Ayres between 1988 and 2005. There are "numerous" victims who saw Ayres before 1988, but he cannot be charged for those alleged crimes because they are beyond the statue of limitations. The U.S. Supreme Court ruling making 1988 the cutoff for the statute of limitations was decided in 2003, when San Mateo police were already investigating one allegation against Ayres.

Ayres was once a highly regarded psychiatrist. He is the past president of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and served on the Children and Families First Commission of San Mateo County.

The San Mateo County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution in honor of Ayres' service to the commission in 2002, just before he resigned from the organization.

"This is an unprecedented case [in San Mateo] because it's taken place over several decades," Callagy said.

In 2002, a victim reported the alleged abuse to the San Mateo Police Department. He told police he was abused by Ayres while being treated as a teenager in the 1970s. He told police he was molested multiple times by Ayres. While investigating the allegation, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled the statue of limitations spans to 1988, leaving police without an opportunity to charge Ayres.

The victim pursued a civil case against Ayres and settled out of court in July, 2005. The case drew media attention and resulted in numerous other victims coming forward to report sexual abuse by Ayres, Callagy said.

Based on the number of reported cases, San Mateo police obtained a search warrant allowing investigators to seize more than 800 names of patients. The search warrant was executed on March 10, 2006 at Ayres home and storage locker. Working with the California Department of Justice, investigators spent the last year tracking down former patients to determine if they were victimized by Ayres, Callagy said.

The case remains active. Former patients who feel they were victimized by Ayres are encouraged to call Callagy at 522-7652.

"This case highlights the fact that even the trusted adults in your child's life can perpetrate crimes against children. We encourage all parents to keep open lines of communication with their children," Callagy said.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Hi I have a younger brother in Harrisburg IYC in IL

Well my brother is 18 and in harrisburg iyc. he got 6 years and went june 1 06 the first time he can get out would be dec of 08 so i just hope all goes well with him..
jen
Old 05-15-2007, 11:21 AM

when did michigan decide that youre an adult at 17, yet cant buy cigarettes or vote??
Old 05-31-2007, 09:39 AM

Unhappy How can I get through to my son?

Nothing is working my son is 16 he is now locked up for the 6th time he has been in and out of Juvenile hall since he was 13... I am so scared that his next stop will be CYA... Patty
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 AM

Hi, my name is Michelle. kinda new to this, just trying to get all the information i can and maybe vent a little too ... My 17 yr old brother was just sentenced last month to life in prison.... without parole!!!! quick story is him and his friend were walking home from micky ds and saw a man picking through the trash, they started messing with him and took it a little to far. eventually the man picked up a shovel and hit my brother with it. they started fighting and my brother says he was afraid because no matter how hard he hit the man he wouldn't stop coming after him. unfortunately my brother had a pocket knife tool that he always carried, pulled it out and stabbed the man with it quite a few times not knowing that it could kill. yes he was wrong for a LOT if not all of what happened, but life omg come on.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeysMom
Nothing is working my son is 16 he is now locked up for the 6th time he has been in and out of Juvenile hall since he was 13... I am so scared that his next stop will be CYA... Patty
I know what you are going through my son too... was in and out of juvenile hall until he finally got sentenced to CYA and now he is in prison he was sentenced 31 years. He was sentenced to so many years partly due to his past. I tried to tell him to stay home but he would not listen. They make there our choices so do not ever blam your self for his actions. I know it is easier said than done. My son and I are now very close i just wish it didn't take him going to prison to wake up. Hang in there I wish both you the best of luck.
Sincerely
nitamac
Old 06-22-2007, 12:28 AM

Hey everyone! My name is Zach and I live in southwest Missouri. I am originally from right outside of St. Louis, Missouri and moved here when I went away to college. I am currently a college student majoring in Criminology and minoring in Psychology. Along with being a college student I am also a juvenile corrections officer for a juvenile detention center. I have been an employee for the past two years. My job is rewarding and very challenging, but I love helping to make a difference in the lives of the juveniles. The detention facility I work in is a holding facility where juveniles are awaiting court as well as waiting to go to placement. Our facility is different from a lot of them and is a model facility. We put a lot of emphasis on rehabilitation.

My career goals are to be a counselor for at risk teenagers, particularly those that are getting in trouble with the law, and to work on lobbying for changes in the criminal justice system, particularly in sentencing and prisons.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and I know quite a bit about the system, so I will help as much as possible... I also hope to grow as a person because of this site.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZACTAK For This Useful Post:
ccgma (05-28-2008), thingstosay (05-28-2008)
Old 06-22-2007, 11:36 PM

Default welcome to juvenile forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeysMom
hi,
well,mom u can get ready(no offense)becuz its coming.is CYA a prison??? my exact same age mayb around 10,11 yrs old out of control,drinking,drugs,stealing(from as well as others),gangs,playin hooky from school.i was always in emergency room with him,he broke window out abandon building,(gang stuff,to join i guess)people was shooting at him.when he broke window with his fist his arm got full of glass was still in his arm,he had 16 stitches.it didnt matter to him.it may have happen another way,u know what i sayin,he was in fights alot. time we got back home he was back out the door within 10 minutes.i guess to show off his arm being wrap up in gauze,i love him to death.like urs n & out detention mayb more than 6x.i beg for help with him from DHS. anyway u wouldnt believe some of the things he did.he in walnut till 2010.i am praying for him to stay safe from harm n that we (family) survive this.the last 4 yrs for me has been,i cant find the right word. i learn a lot over the years b4 he started acting out,i am still learning about myself,my family.seem like he just didnt care,really i know he didnt.judge matthis say "Tough Love"..i call police on him many,many x.he had all kinds of stuff in my house,i am serious.no matter how much i love him it didnt matter.he listen to his HOMEES,lol.my son think being n prison is something good.i am thinking all those times n detention wasnt good but not like being in prison for boys.this is just my own opion.noone knows what i am feelin .we can (as mom)only do so much.i pray i c my son free again n i hope he has learn something about life..and would u believe he has few talents.u know like drawing,poems,writing other things like rap or similiar.i do what i can for him,when i can.his food,light,gas is free!i visit when io can(when they allow it)kids will use u,they know ur weakness,they pay close attention to u even when u think they not.i had to hide my purse,cigarette,jewelry n what ever else that i knew he would get.somex i couldnt even remember where i put it.i pray for all who is going through this with family.we will survive.keep faith in god,thats where all your strength.my son is 18 youngest of 3 boys,i have 22 yr ol daughter,1 son 29,26i am not givin up on him,never whether he change or not.we write mayb 1,2 x amonth.i am not gonna support him when he doing wrong. take care all!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:19 PM

I work at a youth facility. I think that no matter how much you love your children they do what they want. there are kids with no parents and others with very concerned parents. I think that all u can do is stand by them and help pick up the peices as they go.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Closed

Hi Introducing myself here ......
I am a Mother Grandmother I live in New Zealand and write four prison pen-pals in USA one of whom was tried as an adult at age 16 and sentenced to life without parole he is now 45yrs old and I am co-ordianting a support group to help him regain his freedom so you'll probably see me ducking in and out this forum asking questions gathering / sharing information etc

Blessings
Old 07-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Past Offender

Hello, My name is Nicole and I am 17. I just got out of a Juvenile Prison Facility a few months ago. It was not my first time being locked away for awhile. I was there for 13 months. The facility I was at was not one where the inmates got to slack off and watch movies all of the time. It was strict and very hard. I have finally learned from my past and am setting goals for myself now. I have spent overall 2 years of my life behind bars and it was just a waste of my life. I can actually say that the juvenile system worked for me slightly since I am now scared of going back. At the places I was at it was set up like an actual prison and there were many people in there that weren't ones you would mess around with. There were numerous fights that would break out and even other crazy happenings. (I was attacked with a chunk of glass before). Needless to say I am a different person now who wants to make something of her life. I am currently not able to get a job due to various felonies and I am upset with myself for doing the things I have done in the past. I am glad I am free though and I look forward to being able to lead my life in the right way.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Stephanie. I have brief experience with the juvenile justice system. I used to work for an agency that ran a school program in the county's juvenile detention center. I tutored, did reading tests, worked 1:1, and also mentored some of the youth. I also made friends with the caseworker there who I'm still in touch with to this day. It was an eye-opening experience that has always remained in my mind and heart. I learned a lot about how many things impact youth: from family, friends, gangs, the media, emotions, and so much more. There's a lot that I don't know and I love to learn. I believe that we need to reach out to those involved in the juvenile justice system so that they don't become adult offenders. Everyone's situation is different, and while the system is focused on punishment, we need more treatment, help, assistance, and programs to help these kids so that they don't end up in the same facility. I miss the kids and I'd love to go back one day and help them. Some kids will do what they want, but there are others who really want to straighten their life out and do good. Working there definitely made me appreciate my own life and want to give back.
The Following User Says Thank You to FleetingDreams For This Useful Post:
Happyslip (01-24-2016)